Can't exactly say that he's not a good manager, as nobody knows. He's been here for ten minutes and seems to just be flavour of the month.

But, I've said it before, often those in football are well aware of those who are up and coming that look a good management prospect. Moyes was talked up long before taking the reigns of management, as has Carragher.

Funnily enough reminds me a bit of Brendan Rodgers. Got the Watford job on the back of his coaching reputation at Chelsea, got them to safety in the half season he was there before Reading snapped him up. Half a year later Reading sacked him. Most managers who's 1st year positive was staying up, weighed against disloyality and being sacked after putting a team in the relegation zone would not get another job at the same level, but Rodgers reputation in coaching got him the Swansea job and the rest is history.

There are a few managers now who aren't proven nor have a big profile but are well respected within the game. Appleton seems to be in this category. I think there are better managers Blackburn could've gone for who wouldn't require compensation but the fact that this is relatively logical thought by Venky's shows just how disastrous their mismanagement has been!

What strikes me, apart from the missus, is that people moan when a manager is sacked pretty soon after they start the job,then nowt is said when this one leaves after a couple of months. I know he might not think Blackpool was a good move for him, i've swopped jobs sharpish after realising i'd dropped a ging gang,Don't understand though how Blackburn could be better, they are s**t and only going one way

What strikes me, apart from the missus, is that people moan when a manager is sacked pretty soon after they start the job,then nowt is said when this one leaves after a couple of months. I know he might not think Blackpool was a good move for him, i've swopped jobs sharpish after realising i'd dropped a ging gang,Don't understand though how Blackburn could be better, they are s**t and only going one way

Blackpool fans seem to say that Oyston was being very tight with funds when Appleton made requests, whereas Venkys have offered him more money and given his more transfer funds. If I was him I'd have stayed at Blackpool because Blackburn are a mess, but money talks I guess.

What on Earth has he done to deserve the Blackburn job?

I was thinking exactly the same thing some managers seem to quickly get an amazing reputation for no real reason especially if they are fairly young. I would put Lee Clark (being found out) and Karl Robinson in that bracket, on paper they look good but I would fancy looking alright in League One at MK Dons and Huddersfield (when they were here) on their budgets.

He has the same agent (jerome anderson) as Shebby Singh, Steve Kean, The Venkys, Henning Berg, John Jenson (who was keans assistant) and reece wabara.

I think thats how he got the gig

Blackburn fan I work with said that most of the players they sign are represented by the same "agency" and his theory is that venkys are a front for, or are some way involved with them in a money laundering kind of way.

So after 2 inexperienced managers they have gone for.................................Another inexperienced manager. Bonkers

Absolutely, the mind boggles.

You don;t know what you're doing.

Not sure why he left Blackpool so quick either, maybe they found him out, but after Keens treatment why would Apleston go there?