Time to leave.

Absolutely clueless tactically and so stubborn, we've seen winning formulas briefly this season and everybody has recognised them other than him.

There is nothing to justify him staying now. 1 point in 21 and a defeatist mentality against the top half of the table teams. All momentum is backwards and a little bit further backwards and we're in the bottom 4.

Who would everybody like to replace him ideally?

We were always gonna lose today with that midfield , no pace, no form, no leadership , no bite , no creativity , square pegs in round holes.

Dickovs fault ?

Ok, financial restraints have to be taken into account , but choosing the rigid formation , playing simpson as a winger , never dropping lard boy, giving mellor NO GAME TIME all season then chucking him in today , coupling it with comments such as " the kids aren't ready" , course they re not when utilised like this !!!!, are all totally his fault, as is the assembling of the wettest squad of players imaginable .

There are not 4 worse teams than us in league 1 IMO, we are in deep deep :censored:.

Please act corney before it's to late for our club

He cant cut it as a manager, just like id never cut it as a footballer.

Its no slight on him, but he's not manager material... He knows that, he should hold his hands up and leave.

As a player he worked his knackers off and became a better footballer than his talent warranted.

I fear what is actually a positive human trait means he will never quit. Somebody will have to make that decision for him.

As a player he worked his knackers off and became a better footballer than his talent warranted.

I fear what is actually a positive human trait means he will never quit. Somebody will have to make that decision for him.

But does anybody think that Mr Corney will do that, it seems that it will have to get worse than this for him to take action.

This.. He wont stop trying. He belives what hes doing is the right thing.

The rest of us who are sat watchin gutless, tempoless, pub league tactcs football can see hes lost it...

Ive been a big fan of Dickov the way he can bring good players in, the way he conducts himself in the media towards the club... first class but he isnt the man to save us from relegation. Liverpool will beat us I can cope with that - but if County do what next... where does the next win come from. WHen PD first arrived we hardly ever lost twice in a row now cant buy a win and he wont change tactis to try and achive this.

Time to find a new manager - we have had two and half seasons a bit of stabiliy in todays football world but if we go down the clubs death will be here sooner than i imagined.

I thought we were OK today and a draw would've been a fair result. There were a couple of below average performances but not awful and the majority of players did fight for what would've been a deserved point.

With regards to formation today, Simpson and Baxter both played advanced centrally and did fairly well with Mellor on the left, Croft on the right and Changy in the middle (like a 4-3-2-1). Dickov's hand was kind of forced with the personnel available but the 2 things I disagreed with were playing Smith up front on his own and having Changy hold the fort in the centre of midfield. A lot of people slate Smith but what he offers the team is consistent, the trick is how he's used to get the most of him. This is what Dickov got badly wrong and should really have seen coming. Smith was barely effective until Taylor came on but after that did his job well.

Changy was my MOTM and set the bar that Furman and Wes have to now match. Decent on the ball, good in the tackle and worked his knackers off. Short term (i.e. today) Dickov got this right but looking back at the season you've got to ask why Dickov persevered with Furman and Wes when one of them could've done that defensive job. I'll hold my hands up and say that I thought Furman and Wes were a good pair to play but we looked much more cohesive going forward with Baxter playing in a deeper central midfield role instead.

While Dickov got some things wrong to start with, all 3 subs he put on made us better and he learned from his mistakes. Taylor complimented Smith well, Sutherland was a lot fresher than a lacklustre Croft and bringing in Brown at full back and pushing Grounds further gave us made us more threatening down that side.

As it stands I wouldn't shed a tear if Dickov goes but today's performance isn't one to sack him after. Long term I don't think he's the right manager to take us forward and if he hasn't gone by the end of the season (relegation or not) I'd probably get rid of him and start afresh, but if it's a choice in the short term between paying off Dickov and getting no one else in or keeping him and signing 1 or 2 (which with our lack of cash it probably is) I'd choose the latter. He's not good, but not bad enough to sack at all costs.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I thought we were OK today and a draw would've been a fair result. There were a couple of below average performances but not awful and the majority of players did fight for what would've been a deserved point.

With regards to formation today, Simpson and Baxter both played advanced centrally and did fairly well with Mellor on the left, Croft on the right and Changy in the middle (like a 4-3-2-1). Dickov's hand was kind of forced with the personnel available but the 2 things I disagreed with were playing Smith up front on his own and having Changy hold the fort in the centre of midfield. A lot of people slate Smith but what he offers the team is consistent, the trick is how he's used to get the most of him. This is what Dickov got badly wrong and should really have seen coming. Smith was barely effective until Taylor came on but after that did his job well.

Changy was my MOTM and set the bar that Furman and Wes have to now match. Decent on the ball, good in the tackle and worked his knackers off. Short term (i.e. today) Dickov got this right but looking back at the season you've got to ask why Dickov persevered with Furman and Wes when one of them could've done that defensive job. I'll hold my hands up and say that I thought Furman and Wes were a good pair to play but we looked much more cohesive going forward with Baxter playing in a deeper central midfield role instead.

While Dickov got some things wrong to start with, all 3 subs he put on made us better and he learned from his mistakes. Taylor complimented Smith well, Sutherland was a lot fresher than a lacklustre Croft and bringing in Brown at full back and pushing Grounds further gave us made us more threatening down that side.

As it stands I wouldn't shed a tear if Dickov goes but today's performance isn't one to sack him after. Long term I don't think he's the right manager to take us forward and if he hasn't gone by the end of the season (relegation or not) I'd probably get rid of him and start afresh, but if it's a choice in the short term between paying off Dickov and getting no one else in or keeping him and signing 1 or 2 (which with our lack of cash it probably is) I'd choose the latter. He's not good, but not bad enough to sack at all costs.

Can anyone explain no matter how ineffective he is why Croft's undroppable ?

Edited by BP1960

It's not time; it's long overdue. It's been patently obvious for bloody ages that Dickov, nice guy though he is, is far from being a capable football manager. These threads keep popping up after every defeat but it's all already been said. He's not up to the job. I said weeks ago that, if we see out the season with Dickov at the helm, his replacement will be managing a League Two side.

Corney's too busy pissing and moaning about a few freebie tickets he has to give out at a sell out, televised, money spinning cup tie to make the decision that really needs to be made, sooner rather than later.

Well I have just beaten Sheffield United 6-1 on Fifa2013 Simpson 3, Changy 2, Slew 1 so how about a go...... even scored twice from corners. Bad news was an own goal from Tarky..... Gave 100% and could have scored 10 but for the iphone...... lol

Great interview, the job was yours, until Slew? Having said that you couldn't do much worse than the present incumbent.