Paul Dickovs future.  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Dickov In or Out?

• In
    • Out
  2. 2. If Out, When?

• After Tonight's game, permitting we lose.
    • After Tonight's game, no matter the result.
    • After Sunday, if we get battered.
    • After Sunday, no matter what.
    • If we fall into the relegation zone.
    • At the end of the season, if we get relegated.
    • At the end of the season, no matter what.
    • I want him in.
  3. 3. So who should replace him?

• Keith Hill (gone)
    • Nigel Adkins (gone)
    • Jim Gannon
    • Peter Reid
    • Andy Ritchie
    • Iain Dowie
    • Other (if so who?)
    • I want Paul Dickov

I know the probable outcome and the fact that there are probably hundreds of these across the forum but I want to know just how much the pendulum has swung.

note; these are a random amalgamation of managers and none have been officially linked or would necessarily be right for the job.

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

i would have sacked him a season ago. Been :censored: since the day he came. The only reason why we appointed him in the first place was because he was a big name and had had a good career as a footballer, but as a first time manager he's :censored:e and there's no denying it, no matter what anyone says.

Nigel Adkins? are people seriously :censored:ing suggesting we'd be in with half a sniff of getting him? His next job will be a Championship team, minimum. Sheff United, Preston, Portsmouth would all fire their managers if they thought Adkins would drop down to League One.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I know the probable outcome and the fact that there are probably hundreds of these across the forum but I want to know just how much the pendulum has swung.

note; these are a random amalgamation of managers and none have been officially linked or would necessarily be right for the job.

Dickov in, Corney out. If only..............

Nigel Adkins? are people seriously :censored:ing suggesting we'd be in with half a sniff of getting him?

I apologise.

I hadn't realised that you weren't allowed to choose the manager from the list you would like, irrespective of how unlikely an appointment it would be.

My choice would be Dickov out anything less than a draw Sunday ie draw he stays and a couple of games after that.

Nigel Adkins. FFS, 25% of OWTB poll voters live in cloud cuckoo land.

Its none of the above at this stage.

And why waiting a little while to see who is available.

Keith Hill Gone already

Nigel Adkins Anyone things he would even answer the phone...:smoking:

Jim Gannon ONe hit wonder No thanks

Peter Reid He's currently working in India, after the football team paid bid him £128k. That's nuts. Hes gone.

Andy Ritchie Yesterdays man, been there done that. 5 years since last mgrs. job. Would mean nothing to current players.

Iain Dowie Needs Ian Harbin

Other (if so who?) That I don't know. Maybe Simon Davey worth a punt. Not sure why Billy Davies has not been picked up, but hunch says steer clear. Garry Waddock might not be ideal but realistic. Could we poach Micky Adams form Port vAle, fair return under difficult circumstances. Win ration of 44%

I want Paul Dickov Well, really?

If Dickov was to go, megson would be my choice til the end of the season. And I expected to be in the massive minority on that. It wouldnt be pretty, but til tge end of the season I believe hes best qualified to keep us up.

We could then stay up. Have a meeting on the RRE, go up to 10th next year and sack him for playing ugly hoofball.

Edited by pukka

i would have sacked him a season ago. Been :censored: since the day he came. The only reason why we appointed him in the first place was because he was a big name and had had a good career as a footballer, but as a first time manager he's :censored:e and there's no denying it, no matter what anyone says.

You're very angry and forceful with your views. Have you considered a job at TalkSport?

If Dickov was to go, megson would be my choice til the end of the season. And I expected to be in the massive minority on that. It wouldnt be pretty, but til tge end of the season I believe hes best qualified to keep us up.

We could then stay up. Have a meeting on the RRE, go up to 10th next year and sack him for playing ugly hoofball.

Can't be any uglier than the current shower.

I think it is now just a matter of time before he goes (within the month IMO) its just a waiting game now, get hammered by Liverpool and lose the next league game, the window closes and that him done

Its been said before but if we bring in an assistant for PD and results improve it will be down to the new guy, PD has now lost the vast majority of fans and his position is unattainable, there is no way back for him now.

In terms of a new manager, I think I read on here PHIL BROWN is managing in the irish league at the moment dont know how true that is but I have had a funny feeling for a good few weeks now, he has spent a lot of time working for radio at boundary park and openly praised some of our players

He would not necessarily be my choice but Phil Brown would be a strong contender, just a feeling I have which may be way off the mark but it wouldnt suprise me if he was boss here by the season end.

Edited by palmer1

In terms of a new manager, I think I read on here he is managing in the irish league at the moment dont know how true that is but I have had a funny feeling for a good few weeks now, he has spent a lot of time working for radio at boundary park and openly praised some of our players

Who?

I think it is now just a matter of time before he goes (within the month IMO) its just a waiting game now, get hammered by Liverpool and lose the next league game, the window closes and that him done

Its been said before but if we bring in an assistant for PD and results improve it will be down to the new guy, PD has now lost the vast majority of fans and his position is unattainable, there is no way back for him now.

In terms of a new manager, I think I read on here PHIL BROWN is managing in the irish league at the moment dont know how true that is but I have had a funny feeling for a good few weeks now, he has spent a lot of time working for radio at boundary park and openly praised some of our players

He would not necessarily be my choice but Phil Brown would be a strong contender, just a feeling I have which may be way off the mark but it wouldnt suprise me if he was boss here by the season end.

Brown isn't managing in the Irish league.