Marsh-Brown contract cancelled and Reid sent out on loan

Smith or Reid  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Matt Smith or Reuben Reid

• Smith
    • Reid
    • Neither

Reid has 4 goals in the league this season.

Smith has 4 goals in the league this season.

Voted Smith because I think he would bring more to the team if we were to use him correctly and he looks to be getting much better recently. Also Smith has been used from the bench very often so his appearances don't reflect his minutes on the pitch.

Yeovil Town have, by mutual agreement, cancelled the contract of Keanu Marsh-Brown with immediate effect.

Marsh-Brown who joined the club in 2012 made a total of 27 appearances for the club, nine from the bench.

We wish Keanu all the best in the future

Brief and what a waste of talent.

Reid to Shez is interesting.

KMB will get another chance at League 2 or Conference but can see that being the last chance he gets to be a professional footballer. He has some talent but his attitude and other stuff stinks.

Reid was playing well before his injury , Smith ain't a league player imo , it's not his fault , it was a gamble , but we desperately need a striker.

I would play Taylor , Baxter & Simpson as a front three and go for it in the league .......perhaps before we go one nil down as usual.

I rate Reid and think he may have worked well with Baxter but he is very injury prone.

Smith is a very useful impact sub at this level but without someone alongside him he isn't good enough to start regularly at this level.

At the moment I'd rather have Reid than Smith but if we bring someone in who is better than both (ala Derbyshire) then I'd rather have Smith if Dickov keeps insisting with 4-4-1-1.

I don't understand why we are constantly starting Smith. Great impact sub but starting games? Makes us very one dimensional.

He's exactly the opposite to a great impact sub. He proved last season that he really isn't a great impact sub.

We SHOULD start Smith with a striker who can collect his flick-on's but we don't because Dickov is so stubborn.....blah blah blah.

I've had to go with 'neither'. Smith isn't up to the standard we need, even though he puts a shift in. trouble is, we've no one to feed off him. Reid, on the other hand, doesn't put a shift in and I don't think he would be on the end of Smith's endless flick ons. So, no thanks to both, but yes please to a pair of strikers who can do exactly what the term implies. Strike. We can't just rely on Baxter. We need someone who can feed off him to add to his goal tally.

Derbys was on target for double figures.

tbf he should have had a lot more goals for us than he actually scored, I think that was a mixture of poor finishing but mainly bad luck

In his time Reid looked like he could be the answer and showed some great touches and 1 or 2 great finishes and I defended him as I hoped he would come good

but in the long run.........he was a fat useless :censored:

Whatever Smith's shortcomings, he always puts a shift in and if we played so that others can feed off his flick ons, we might pose more of a goal threat.

However, to compare him to that useless lump of lard Reid is an insult. He was lazy, injury prone and a coward on the pitch. Noticed last year he was a centre forward who never headed the ball. Made a point the next game to count how many times he headed the ball. He was subbed after 62 minutes having not once headed the ball. Never challenged, other than shoving his large posterior in the direction of the defender. Also most of his goals were penalties. Other than that I am a big fan of his. And breathe.......