Murray signed

He is alright for a bit of cover I suppose, won't be on much of a wage and will just provide some cover with injuries hitting. As well as this like Dickov has said his experience may be useful with all young players in the squad. A bit of experience on the bench will be useful as well for seeing out games.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds and looks very enthusiastic in his LP interview, This is growing on me a bit played first 20 or so games at Hartlepool this season released as new boss didn't fancy him. Fit as a fiddle and raring to go, could be just what we need in terms of experience = especially during those vital brain fart periods of pressure in the last 1/4s of games. Still want a striker....

Edited by oafcprozac

Sounds and looks very enthusiastic in his LP interview, This is growing on me a bit played first 20 or so games at Hartlepool this season released as new boss didn't fancy him. Fit as a fiddle and raring to go, could be just what we need in terms of experience = especially during those vital brain fart periods of pressure in the last 1/4s of games. Still want a striker....

What's Wayne Andrews up to these days? He was fu*k*ng ace.

I didn't see him at Hartlepool this season, but in the past he's always impressed me when playing against Latics. He has more ability and experience than M'Changy, which is surely what we're looking for during the relegation fight.

Disagree on the ability aspect re: Changy, one of the best technical players we have. Have you seen him ping a ball, cross a ball and way he makes the ball move in the air? Agree about Murray though he's quietly stood out a few times against us and agree that his experience could be invaluable. I hope he's a lot more verbal than he was....

Agree but Shez was at Donny, Eyres was 36 and released by PNE, Carss was a 24 year old Journeyman, Simon Charlton's signing underwhelmed me etc...etc...., he's likely to be pretty :censored: these days BUT you never know!

Murray was a good player, but wasnt in the Shez class IMO. Shez was at bolton then went to Donny, realised he could compete higher up and came to us. Eyresy was released by a team on the up.

There is a reason a bottom of the table side have let him go.

Strange move in my opinion.

what? helping with the coaching seems likely. and he does seem the type to get into management.

just putting it out there................

Fair enough. Maybe your right. He will be healthy involved on the playing side I think.

Edited by welshgaz

This will either be a master stroke by PD or a complete waste of time and nothing in between - but think it may work use him as a sitting midfielder (not too much running about) and gives a experienced leader on the pitch - maybe just maybe.

Maybe he could take the reserves for a couple of games whilst he's here. Would give him some coaching experience and take a bit of pressure off TP etc

I reckon TP might be the one who instigated this.

I think Murray was gone before Corney arrived (wasn't he?) and don't imagine Dickov knows him.

I reckon TP might be the one who instigated this.

I think Murray was gone before Corney arrived (wasn't he?) and don't imagine Dickov knows him.

Can we all please stop this TP done this, TP done that when something seems to be positive, yet PD done that and this when the :censored: hits the fan again!

We all love TP, that's a given but perleeease

Murray was Player of the Year at Hartlepool last season and they finished above us in the league.

Matt Le Tissier got player of the year loads of times and Southampton finished above us in the league also. Plus he was head and shoulders better than Murray. Alas for messer's Le Tiss and Murray you're only as good as the current season!

36 or not he will be as fit as any 20 year old we currently have.

Nothing to lose and may well work out so what's the problem. We are crying out for some experience and when we get it people moan !!!!

I have a feeling that he will go on to be our coach and if he does i will bet that the players start the season a lot fitter than we did this year.

36 or not he will be as fit as any 20 year old we currently have.

Nothing to lose and may well work out so what's the problem. We are crying out for some experience and when we get it people moan !!!!

I have a feeling that he will go on to be our coach and if he does i will bet that the players start the season a lot fitter than we did this year.

Right so I am moaning when I air my view that I feel Murray is past it? or just expressing my view on a posted topic!

Is it cos I am black?