Simon Corney - Open Letter to The Fans

Can't argue with the majority of it but it's the "wondering if this town wanted a club" I've got a gripe with. Everyone else's fault for not turning up week in week out without considering the underlying factors or acknowledging him and his mates (heaven forbid) may be partly be to blame.

Can't argue with the majority of it but it's the "wondering if this town wanted a club" I've got a gripe with. Everyone else's fault for not turning up week in week out without considering the underlying factors or acknowledging him and his mates (heaven forbid) may be partly be to blame.

When I read that bit, that was my reaction too. That coupled with the dross we've had to watch for long periods.

Get a winning team on the park and you've half a chance of improving attendances.

I agree, the town has had a professional club for over a hundred years, under their guidence we have seen the club become a limping dog for the last 4 years.

Actually, I take that part as a :censored:in insult to the hardcore of supporters like us who go thick and thin. What do they expect with the :censored: and experience served up on a matchday.

Apologies for the rant.

Edited by Lukers1

It's obviously not directed at the hardcore who go week in week out. It's aimed at the drifters. I actually think its quite a good piece. He's put his heart on his sleeve and is just shy of actually begging people to come through the turnstile.

I am a fan of how open Simon is. In the past we have heard very little from owners/the board so to have someone who is happy to speak his mind is a good thing. Granted he will never please everyone with what he says, thats just life, but I would rather he came out and said what he thought than bury his head in the sand

I agree, the town has had a professional club for over a hundred years, under their guidence we have seen the club become a limping dog for the last 4 years.

Actually, I take that part as a :censored:in insult to the hardcore of supporters like us who go thick and thin. What do they expect with the :censored: and experience served up on a matchday.

Apologies for the rant.

In the town he means the vast majority that don't go to games.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

!!!!!ANY REFERENCE TO THE PLAYERS TAKING SOME RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!

"I am forever hearing about how they love their manager. Now is the time to prove that.

The victory over Liverpool, which Paul and all the players should take credit for, showed the world what they are capable of. It also breathed new life into the club.

But things need to change, and that change needs to be kick started by the players.

We know the players have the ability. They now need to repeat that relentless effort and determination we saw against Liverpool in the 17 cup finals we have remaining.

They need to understand that if they don't, there will be consequences."

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

i think corney is deluded. how can he say we have a talented squad? our starting 11 is talented without a doubt but all you have to do is look at our bench and its kids. Then when he says he doesnt know if oldham want a club anymore is harsh. Does he forget that we have man united and city on our door steps with a lot of glory supporters chosing to watch them.

It's not just the football/results/price that puts people off going, it's everything else, the ground is a 3 sided, cold, depressing dump, the facilities are from the 19th century. I used to love going even when we were playing a pub team in 2004, losing to the likes of Torquay and Rushden, the match day experience was still there. These days it really feels like a chore to go.