Simon Corney's avoid the sack target

Ok, 3 league games before the Everton game, Corney must have a target in mind that will either make or break Dickov's Oldham managerial tenure.

Walsall away followed by home games against Yeovil and MK Dons, bearing in mind recent acquisitions, I'd have thought a minimum of 5 points would prolong PD's current employment. The Everton game doesn't really come into it but would probably be the timeline that Corney has afforded Dickov to save both his career and our status.

6 points from 9 minimum of 4 and i'd be looking at 9 from 15 as an absolute must. We've brought worldy's in before and the performances have taken a while to improve, we need an immediate impact this time. When Derbyshire and Baxter arrived we didn't win in their first four games...

Next 5

Walsall (A)

Yeovil (H)

Dongs (H)

Stevenage (A)

Pompey (H)

Win the home games, simples...

Edited by oafcprozac

It has to be done game-by-game.

A bad defeat tomorrow, making the same mistakes as we previously have in our last 8 league games and I think his position should be under review again. If we win tomorrow but lose badly against Yeovil then it should still be under review, same for MK Dons, Stevenage etc.

If Dickov wants to show that he is the man to take us forward he has to show that he can get this team being functional and winning as soon as possible. As soon as it becomes apparent that he can't with this current buch, then he goes.

Corney really has shafted him with his indecision, should have just made the break on Monday however negative the press.

It is obvious that, while Corney is nearing the end of his tether (or he is there already) he recognized the folly of sacking Dickov the day after a historic victory for the club. The negative publicity backlash alone could have caused irreparable damage. Also, I genuinely believe that he wants Dickov to succeed and has provided him with the ammunition to pull the rabbit out of the hat and get Latics out of the relegation dog-fight.

Lose the next few games and I reckon that Corney will let the axe fall...and surely to God, Dickov already knows that.

It is obvious that, while Corney is nearing the end of his tether (or he is there already) he recognized the folly of sacking Dickov the day after a historic victory for the club. The negative publicity backlash alone could have caused irreparable damage. Also, I genuinely believe that he wants Dickov to succeed and has provided him with the ammunition to pull the rabbit out of the hat and get Latics out of the relegation dog-fight.

Lose the next few games and I reckon that Corney will let the axe fall...and surely to God, Dickov already knows that.

Corney really has shafted him with his indecision, should have just made the break on Monday however negative the press.

Never in a million years could we have sacked him the day after our (arguably) greatest EVER result.

I have become a Dickov outer recently, but that would have made us look even more stupid than sticking with him in the first place!

It would have been the best time to sack him. Dickov could have left with head held high. Who gives a toss about the publicity. He was not been sacked earlier because SC did not have the money to do it. The win gave us the money and unfortunately Corney gave him another chance - he wasn't giving him another chance before because he didn't have the money to sack him. No money couldn't sack him. Have money now and should have sacked him. The win against Liverpool has not changed the league form. Let us hope we don't regret the fact that now SC has the money he didn't sack him. Now is that clear?

If dickov can't keep a team with Baxter, croft, wes, furman, grounds, iwelumo , Barnard in a reasonably poor division , then he should quit football.

I think we will stay up after Sunday, and with the new signings, surely he will adopt a different approach now, and play players on form not reputation ?

If dickov can't keep a team with Baxter, croft, wes, furman, grounds, iwelumo , Barnard in a reasonably poor division , then he should quit football.

I think we will stay up after Sunday, and with the new signings, surely he will adopt a different approach now, and play players on form not reputation ?

Play players on form? Aren't we down to bare bones?

This sums it up for me.

All at the club know what is needed - the new guys will give us some fresh impetus but we will have a clearer picture by 5pm today.

Next three games vital for PD - vital for the players - vital for the club.

Corney said on Monday:

“Paul is staying, but we have to take it on a game by game basis. If we get beaten 5-0 at Walsall and then draw at home to Yeovil in our next two games it would be two points from 30. Football is a results driven business, we all know that, and things need to change.”

Corney said on Monday:

“Paul is staying, but we have to take it on a game by game basis. If we get beaten 5-0 at Walsall and then draw at home to Yeovil in our next two games it would be two points from 30. Football is a results driven business, we all know that, and things need to change.”

well at least paul is one to the good, 5-0 we showed him

if sc thinks by keeping it a game at a time it might get better he is totally bereft of any sort of hope that its going to get any better under pd,he needs to man up grow apair of balls and say enough is enough bite the bullit and get rid,we cant afford to keep him and go down