Everton to get whole of Rochdale Road End?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have to get one end why not the Chaddy end? How does giving them one end stop the pitch invasion? How many people have the police charged as a result of our, Oldham fans, attacking Liverpool fans? I would suggest that we have a much better relationship with Everton supporters. Was there any trouble when we visited them and shared a stand? Why not give Everton the smaller section of the RRE as that would reduce their numbers and make policing easier?

This will change the whole dynamics in the ground against Oldham.

Whilst it is annoying that GMP have had to put their two penneth in, its about time something was done to sort out the 'chav' problem in the rre. There is a minority of little cherubs who have seen football factory one to many times and think its all a laugh. I hope we dont give everton the whole of the rre as it will give them more atmosphere, but this isnt the first time we have heard about issues in that end of the ground. This also again opens up the debate about where the home fans should be and I really hope that next season the chaddy is the away end and the rre is the home end. The rre has better sound, a an unbloked view, better facilities etc.. It will also end the issue of how many tickets we give to away fans as every team will get the same

There was NO trouble against Liverpool, what the :censored: is there problem, the only thing I saw was when they got their battons out on the pitch invasion.

I really think they should be worrying about something else.

Edited by Lukers1

really don't understand how allowing MORE away fans will decrease the likelihood of trouble, If their reasoning is anything to do with Everton causing less trouble than Liverpool fans then surely the same system should be used. The police should then inforce some sort of sterile zone in the Everton end of about 300 empty seats between us in the small section and them in the large. Also, It seemed the police made no effort to prevent Oldham fans from running onto the pitch and they left it to the stewards, with about 20 covering the small section of the RRE and 5 across the Chaddy End. It makes no sense to me to be honest.

What a load of bollocks this is if they get it all?

Sunday was awesome! Brilliant, we actually have the chance to create a top atmosphere again and GMP are just going to spoil it! The players all going on about how the fans really helped them push that little bit more on Sunday, so lets give Everton a 3rd of the allocation and ruin our atmosphere before it even starts!

Good One!

They are paid to Police a game, for :censored:s sake, its not like a EDL march or anything, its a game of :censored:ing football were the average fan wont cause any trouble.

I hope the club and Barry use commen sence and tell to :censored: off,,...

As all before have said - surely this will cause more trouble, and probably cost more to Police - having more away fans at the ground.

And if Latics do back down, what is the feeling amongst the fans going to be.

The stay aways are never going to come back if you stop more of them having the chance to get a ticket.

There will also be some people that attend the Yeovil game, that will have no chance of getting an Everton ticket.

Therefore, they might think bollocks to that, i'll watch it on TV.

This could in turn reduce the crowd/revenue at the Yeovil game, instead of incresing it!

THE CLUB NEED TO THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHO THEY WANT TO UPSET!!!

Wasn't there only 2 arrests at the Liverpool game? So the "disorder" can't have been that big.

I find it hard to believe that for a game kicking off at 6pm on a Saturday, the polices idea to make sure there is less chance of trouble would be to increase the number of away fans. And away fans from Liverpool at that.

I can honestly not believe this. We get our chance on the big stage, to attract some fans once every decade and GMP want to :censored: it up for us.

The solution is so simple. A sterile zone on the Everton side of the RRE barrier. The only reason that there was trouble between fans in the ground was due to them being the width of the barrier away from one another. It's not hard to change that with some extra seats to increase the distance.

And to avoid any collision outside the stadium why not keep the Everton fans behind for 30 minutes? It happens at pretty much every Premier League ground between fans that are likely to fight. I couldn't believe they let the Scousers out straight away. It was calling for trouble.

I'm fuming, :censored:ing fuming that a tiny dilemma has a simple solution but no-one thinks to use it. Absolute joke and a pain on the club, the fans and the match itself.

Disgrace.