Who next then?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think bringing in someone until the end of the season is the way to go

We need someone who can come in and sort out a talented bunch of players who are under performing, keep us up and know what he plans for the following season the minute this one ends.

W cant have anyone on short term process, one step at a time (keep us up) I know but it has to be done long term

I see where you're coming from but I disagree, giving someone an 18 month deal or more straight away will cost a lot when we can't be sure which division we'll be in next season.

A deal until the end of the season will allow us to spend a bit more in the short term on a manager would will give us more of a chance of staying up. If they keep us up comfortably (see Johnson at Yeovil and Moore at Tranmere) then we can give them a chance to build on it, if they only just keep us up/take us down then we can say "thanks, but no thanks" and prepare for the longer term next year.

As I've said previously, Megson would be my choice mainly for the job he did at Sheffield Wednesday in the previous 2 seasons where (despite having money to spend on wages) he stopped the rot and kept them up in the 2nd half of 10/11 and made them promotion challengers in 11/12 before being sacked. The style of football won't be great but he'll stand a better chance than most of keeping us up. He knows the league and will be affordable for the next 3 months.

Although I think Phil Brown will get it. After his time at Preston at this level, that really worries me.

What Blue, wood and needs painting? Can see it noe "Volunteers needed....." but seriously yes would be good but it wont happen.

Paul Scholes player manager, free addmission on tuesday, start date for the new stand, Richards goes for 20 million,Everton get large section of RRE, Jenny runs around the pitch neked with strike it lucky number.

That would go towards the current pain of being an Oldham fan...

Paul Scholes player manager, free addmission on tuesday, start date for the new stand, Richards goes for 20 million,Everton get large section of RRE, Jenny runs around the pitch neked with strike it lucky number.

Can we lose the strike it lucky number?

Why would anyone not want Megson? He's not realistic but would keep us up as genus organised. He would be the perfect candidate.

Because he's a :censored:. I wouldn't want him associated with our club.

I'll never forgive him for encouraging his players to foul ours and then congratulating them for doing so. Horrible, horrible man.

Would like Grayson but out our price range. Dowie for me as he's publicly said recently that managing OAFC was his most favourite time as a manager and the lib is close to him regardless of what happened. Best thing is he'd kick their arses and have them aiming at 5am with no opportunity to hide should they not put in a shift each game!

Would like Grayson but out our price range. Dowie for me as he's publicly said recently that managing OAFC was his most favourite time as a manager and the lib is close to him regardless of what happened. Best thing is he'd kick their arses and have them aiming at 5am with no opportunity to hide should they not put in a shift each game!

Like others, I'm not sure we should look backwards but Dowie certainly had our players fit and able to run for 95 minutes.

In terms of past managers, I'm surprised Wadsworth's not been mentioned more often. I don't think he's the right man but with Murray coming in, it wouldn't be unfeasible for them to link up.

Edited by bossrocks

Because he's a :censored:. I wouldn't want him associated with our club.

I'll never forgive him for encouraging his players to foul ours and then congratulating them for doing so. Horrible, horrible man.

I think of him in managerial terms as a strong medicine that might leave a bad taste in the mouth but will ultimately leave us healthier in a few months time.

I don't think he'd be the right man for the club long term for the reason you've stated, the next 3 months are different though.

FREE ADMISSION! !!!!!!!!

Season ticket holders lose out again.

Paul Scholes player manager, free addmission on tuesday, start date for the new stand, Richards goes for 20 million,Everton get large section of RRE, Jenny runs around the pitch neked with HER MOBILE NUMBER.

Fixed it for you......

Dowie didn't get the players fit, that was all down to John Harbin who has gone back to Australia to look after his parents, I believe.

An experienced head for me.....Reid or Horton with a young sidekick to bring through.....possibly Murray.

I think of him in managerial terms as a strong medicine that might leave a bad taste in the mouth but will ultimately leave us healthier in a few months time.

I don't think he'd be the right man for the club long term for the reason you've stated, the next 3 months are different though.

That's a fair point and it raises an interesting question - does PD go for someone just for the rest of the season, or someone he thinks will do the job longer term?

What would we consider a success for the rest of this season? I'd like to think the players we have are good enough to get us higher up the league but surviving by the skin of our teeth is looking more and more appealing.

A fair few candidates out there. I'd like Cotterill myself, he'd sort this mess out. Barring him, a couple of younger ones in Knill and (Rochdale reject) John Coleman. (who I guess isn't that young any more).

Whoever it is I hope is given a proper shot (a Dickov style contract seems good). End of season contracts just make the players think they have a free ride, as the manager won't be there at the end of the season, and is pretty much a sure bet on relegation.