Looks like its sammy lee

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee maybe a good coach but he would be a disaster as manager and I do not think for one minute SC would be foolish enough to appoint him. Remember Brian Kidd was an excellent no. 2 but failed as Blackburn manager

That's it then, case closed, anyone who's ever been a number 2 can't possibly make the step up.

If he is appointed and does well it will be interesting to see how many people who are seething at the thought of Lee do a U-turn.

He wouldnt be my first choice, but that is purely based on one of my friends supporting Bolton and not being too keen on his reign there! I don't really know anything about his managerial credentials at this level.

That's it then, case closed, anyone who's ever been a number 2 can't possibly make the step up.

Where sammy lee is concerned yes. He blew it at Bolton. In any case I cannot imagine he is being seriously considered. If he is well prepare for the local derby with Rochdale next season

Lee maybe a good coach but he would be a disaster as manager and I do not think for one minute SC would be foolish enough to appoint him. Remember Brian Kidd was an excellent no. 2 but failed as Blackburn manager

On which aspect of management would he be a disaster and what are you basing that opinion on?

Where sammy lee is concerned yes. He blew it at Bolton. In any case I cannot imagine he is being seriously considered. If he is well prepare for the local derby with Rochdale next season

Bolton still took him back though and he was in the running for the job again last year. He tried to move Bolton from being route 1 cloggers and it didn't work. It was 5 years ago, he may well have learned from that 10 game spell and others clubs have deemed him employable ever since.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Crikey drive between Sheffield and Oldham and the World is at an end. The betting is bollocks. Its not even a couple of hundred bets. It was 47 the other night put bet on Shergar and it would be listed. Someone slaps £20 on and the odds tumble. Only winner are the bookies.

If its Lee ... "I'm out" but dont think it could possibly be. Makes Wadsworth preferable.

it is bleak if you drive across the woodhead

Bloke had less than 20 games in charge, would hardly class that as blowing it.

He was probably out of his depth taking the Bolton job, but was always going to be tough for anyone taking it on, Allardyce was savvy enough to get out of there knowing the owner was scaling back investment.

Oliver Dowie's Twitter feed says "talks ongoing". FACT. Why do people have to say "FACT"?

I think Dowie wants the job. I think Corney wants Dowie, as cheap as possible.

I would think talks includes money, length of deal and, more importantly, the whole structure of the football club. First team, ressies, youth development. Bringing players through. Fitness regime. Length of contracts for key players.

It's all relevant. It all has cost implications and, for Corney, it means he has to work out if he believes income will grow to cover the costs.

In the mean time, there are three things that should happen:

1) Corney should have a plan B. Partly as a negotiating strategy to keep Dowie's cost down, partly as a genuine plan B.

2) Dowie should give his son a kicking and tell him to keep off Twitter.

3) Latics should appoint Dowie and his preferred backroom team, adopt his ethos and principles, give him a longer term contract that carries on even if we get relegated and tell him to fix this crappy club.

Think people are missing the point Dowie has experience at this level being a number 2 to Wandsworth and Clarke has experience in the premiership

What experience at this level does lee have? None as far as I'm aware

If Dowie rumours are true and we want give him 16 games and he wants 18months then it's madness by the club

I still don't think for a second corney would risk appointing lee would he?

Just spoke to a Liverpool fan at work. Conversation went something like

Him: "So whose favourite for the Oldham job Carl?"

Me: "Was Dowie but now Sammy Lee"?

Him "No, no, good lord no, don't do it. Great number two, great coach, great trainer, not a manager."

Whilst I would much rather have Dowie, am not as opposed as some on here. As Rick said, not sure what he would bring to a club in a relegation dogfight, which is what concerns me.

Wow. Im with Twis here. Cant believe the negativity at this? It might not be true for a start, but even if it is - why would it lead some fans to proclaim that'd be it for them; and not go again?

He's hardly lacking in exoerience is he? He's been involved with International sides and Premier League teams. Well respected in the game......

He wouldnt be my 1st choice, far from it, but i dont understand tge reactions so far on this thread. It could be worse; we could get Phil Brown.

I think the negativity, mine included, is based around SL's lack of actual managerial experience when we really need someone who has been there and done it, preferably at this level. You can't really argue about his coaching credentials, I agree, but is that enough?

However, I'm with you and others who cannot understand why some would pack it all in if <insert potential manager's name here> is appointed. Whoever it is, whether we think it's the right choice or not, needs and deserves our backing.

Like all threads on here, it's about opinions. I wouldn't have any objections to Phil Brown, but others wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. Whilst Dowie is undoubtedly the popular choice, there's still those who don't want him for various reasons.

So, whilst we all have our personal favourites for the job, we can't all be right, so just get behind whoever it is and let's see this club that we all love climb out of the mire.

I think the negativity, mine included, is based around SL's lack of actual managerial experience when we really need someone who has been there and done it, preferably at this level. You can't really argue about his coaching credentials, I agree, but is that enough?

However, I'm with you and others who cannot understand why some would pack it all in if <insert potential manager's name here> is appointed. Whoever it is, whether we think it's the right choice or not, needs and deserves our backing.

Like all threads on here, it's about opinions. I wouldn't have any objections to Phil Brown, but others wouldn't want him anywhere near the club. Whilst Dowie is undoubtedly the popular choice, there's still those who don't want him for various reasons.

So, whilst we all have our personal favourites for the job, we can't all be right, so just get behind whoever it is and let's see this club that we all love climb out of the mire.

I agree Brizzie, Paul Scholes would keep us up as he would simply lift the team and the fans.