Seeing what Man U did with Jones man marking Fellani does anyone think that we should adopt the same strategy. Maybe Tarky defensive mid picking up Fellani in a man to man marking role plus tarky has decent distrubution. Giving Fellani too much room to play might b ejust a bit too much for us on top of everything else they will throw at us. If man U have to make special arragements then surely we do. Discuss

I expect Everton to do the opposite of Liverpool, all big guns out at the start, and take them off if and when results in the bag.

Isnt that what Liverpool did? I would say Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez was their big guns.. They tried to blow us out of the water and then make subs but it didn't work.

I don't know about paying so much attention to one man. United did it because both teams have players of similar quality, so picking out Everton's stand-out man was the key to making sure they couldn't hurt them. For us on Saturday though, no matter how much of a stand out player Fellaini is the remaining ten in the Everton team are still superior players to ours, so we should instead focus on stopping them as a team, not just one man.

Also, one reason Jones did so well was because he could match up to Fellaini physically. I don't see who could do that in our team. I certainly don't want Big John wandering round the middle of the park following him.

I well remember Craig Fleming marking Giggs out of a game. Best player of his type in the league at the time accdrring to Jimmy Armfield. What a shame that injuries robbed him of a yard of pace.

He did indeed. That only caused us problems when Ferguson effectively withdrew Giggs to a full back position - Fleming looked a bit lost on the wing and it created space further forward. Still held on though.

Apart from Anichibe, he's :censored:e. Hope he starts ahead of Jelavic.

I know what you mean; in that he's hardly a superstar - but he's had a few decent contributions over the past few weeks - he seems to have perfected the 'roll the CB trick' and has scored a few because of it. He's not :censored:, and I expect him to cause a fair few problems.

I know what you mean; in that he's hardly a superstar - but he's had a few decent contributions over the past few weeks - he seems to have perfected the 'roll the CB trick' and has scored a few because of it. He's not :censored:, and I expect him to cause a fair few problems.

Anichebe has scored 6 in 19 this season, whilst Jelavic has 8 in 31.

He's unlikely to produce many moments of outlandish skill, but I'm sure Big John and Tarky will come off the pitch on Saturday knowing they've been given a proper game on Saturday if he plays, regardless of the result.

Remember when Chris O' Grady 'rolled' Tarky ?..hope Tarky has learned his lesson.

baines and pienaar v croft and brown.......were going to get :censored:ed.

I don't think it would be any reflection on these two if they get terrorised. Baines and pienarr destroy the best of the prem week in week out. I don't think there is anybody in the squad who you would feel totally confident in stopping them

Moyes rested Jelavic with the Latics game in mind!!!

Also is Coleman fit? expect him to play on the right.

Talking to an Everton fan today he says the defence is very poor and Jelavic has been a big disappointment,

Get at them Latics.