Would Everton be our biggest ever upset?

Saturday is my daughter's 16th birthday, we are currently with my wife's family in Scarborough and are all going out for a big family meal. My eldest son was 18 yesterday and it is my father in law's birthday on the 18th.

All that is, apart from my youngest son and me who are heading back for the game. I am getting stick and this is part of my justification.

League positions yes but Im thinking the 3-1 Arsenal win was by far the best I can recollect as an Oldham fan. Possibly the best evening ever as my dad took me in the players lounge after the game, brilliant

It doesn't answer my original question, but I agree, arsenal was the greatest cup victory I have witnessed. It was the start of the glory years too.

Ok, what positions where Oldham and Man City in in our recent victory? Im not sure but City surely had to be top 6? And Im not 100% ( I kill my braincells with alcohol too much for memories) but was it not the year we beat Bradford to stay up on the last day, its got to be around that time either way. Be close in league positions.

I think, if I remember right:

When we beat City in 05 there were 50 league places between us and them.

When we beat Everton in 08 there were 53 league places between us and them.

When we beat Liverpool t'other week there were 57 league places between us and them.

It's a bigger gap on Saturday.

Is it? Maybe if you take club size into account, but if we're going off the ability of both teams a win against Everton would be a bigger achievement, definitely.

Things could change by the end of the season and Liverpool are last years FA Cup finalists and beat Everton in the semi final and are a bigger scalp. Saying that, if we do beat Everton, I will agree with you :)