Latics Submit new North Stand Planning Application

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://planningpa.ol...DHA_DCAPR_47909 OMBC Plans 14th Feb.

£19,365 fees up front.

Application Received Wed 03 Oct 2012

This is the first time the Application has appeared in the Council's records. Although the Application is dated last October, the necessary plans and correspondence are dated today.

The consultation process with the NIMBYS and the statutory bodies has still to take place.

Any letters submitted are open to be viewed and copied by the applicant or other members of the public and as such cannot be treated as confidential or kept private. This is to conform with the requirements of Section 100(1) of the Local Government Act 1972.

The Council takes into account all written representations it receives, but it can only make its decision on planning grounds.

By law, certain matters must be considered. This is not a definitive list but they include:

• Local Planning Policies - the Oldham Unitary Development Plan (UDP) sets out the Council's planning policies
  • Government Advice as set out in circulars, planning policy guidance notes/statements (PPGs/PPSs) and Regional planning guidance
  • Comments from neighbours
  • Comments from consultees.

The Council can only take into account those comments that are directly relevant to the planning process such as:

• Loss of amenity
  • Privacy
  • Outlook
  • Traffic issues
  • Noise
  • Nuisance.

Matters that cannot be taken into account include:

• Reduction in property values
  • Loss of views
  • Private rights of way
  • Ownership matters
  • Disturbance during construction.

Although we've seen all this before, and had many false dawns, this has to be viewed as the big step forward we've been waiting for towards securing the Club's future. :applause1:

I would normally read '2014 season' to mean 2013/14. Unrealistic? Still, this is a necessary step and one we have been waiting for. I'm sure Corney and the club have been as frustrated as we have by the delay, but the ball is now officially rolling..

Diego a far more Professional launch. All the planning consultations done with Mark Ollerenshaw from October so should be no hidden pitfalls. Well dome OMBC so far.

I think the council have realised that the town needs a professional football club.

If anyone wants to prepare a letter of support I can whisk up a few planning considerations to throw in (as a planner) to support this kind of development. We can all then submit the same letter as our support to the scheme.

Having a quick look over the documents doesn't look like any major issues will arise. Hopefully will be ok considering the larger stand got permission 5 years ago. Lets just hope the NIMBYs stay silent!

I would normally read '2014 season' to mean 2013/14. Unrealistic? Still, this is a necessary step and one we have been waiting for. I'm sure Corney and the club have been as frustrated as we have by the delay, but the ball is now officially rolling..

If there are no delays the decision (which will be by planning committe) should be on the 10th May. If there are no pre-commencement conditions construction could start that as soon as the decision notice is signed. If there are conditions to discharge then this can take another 8 weeks.

This is the first time the Application has appeared in the Council's records. Although the Application is dated last October, the necessary plans and correspondence are dated today.

The consultation process with the NIMBYS and the statutory bodies has still to take place.

Any letters submitted are open to be viewed and copied by the applicant or other members of the public and as such cannot be treated as confidential or kept private. This is to conform with the requirements of Section 100(1) of the Local Government Act 1972.

The Council takes into account all written representations it receives, but it can only make its decision on planning grounds.

By law, certain matters must be considered. This is not a definitive list but they include:

• Local Planning Policies - the Oldham Unitary Development Plan (UDP) sets out the Council's planning policies
  • Government Advice as set out in circulars, planning policy guidance notes/statements (PPGs/PPSs) and Regional planning guidance
  • Comments from neighbours
  • Comments from consultees.

The Council can only take into account those comments that are directly relevant to the planning process such as:

• Loss of amenity
  • Privacy
  • Outlook
  • Traffic issues
  • Noise
  • Nuisance.

Matters that cannot be taken into account include:

• Reduction in property values
  • Loss of views
  • Private rights of way
  • Ownership matters
  • Disturbance during construction.

Although we've seen all this before, and had many false dawns, this has to be viewed as the big step forward we've been waiting for towards securing the Club's future. :applause1:

What happened to the Government's plans to simplify planning permission?

If anyone wants to prepare a letter of support I can whisk up a few planning considerations to throw in (as a planner) to support this kind of development. We can all then submit the same letter as our support to the scheme.

Having a quick look over the documents doesn't look like any major issues will arise. Hopefully will be ok considering the larger stand got permission 5 years ago. Lets just hope the NIMBYs stay silent!

I'll be composing my letter of support over the weekend. I suggest those of us that really do have the club's long term survival at heart do the same…. The NIMBYS won't sit on their hands, let's be pro-active and not be complacent.

I think letters from non-Oldham residents will be disregarded. However, emails should get round that.

without knowing too much about planning applications, the club look like they've done everything to avoid the failures of last time.

it's exactly what we need and it will push us to go on and redevelop BP if it's successful. won't believe it until i see it but you can't fault Corney or the club for trying and wanting to do good for the club.

Cool.

It looks good, not as bad the IKEA flat pack I was expecting. The non-matchday facilities are vital to us; and i'm glad they're still in there.

Hopefully - fingers crossed massively - this all goes through smoothly.

For those in the know - where and who to do we send our emails of support for the scheme?

...where and who to do we send our emails of support for the scheme?

Refer to PA/333100/12 | Construction of new spectator grandstand with associated external works and landscaping | Oldham Athletic AFC Ltd, Furtherwood Road, Oldham, OL1 2PB

and send to

Planning Team planning@oldham.gov.uk

Civic Centre

PO Box 30

West Street

Oldham, OL1 1UQ

Tel 0161 770 4105

Fax 0161 770 3104

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I'll be composing my letter of support over the weekend. I suggest those of us that really do have the club's long term survival at heart do the same…. The NIMBYS won't sit on their hands, let's be pro-active and not be complacent.

and no driving 2 cars at the same time until it's finished

How many do we reckon the new stand will bring to the club in terms of attendance if we stay in this league when it's ready?

Obviously performances on the pitch matter most but I'm sure there will be a considerable amount that don't come because the ground is an eyesore.