Am I the only one?

... That thinks that we don't need to rush to appoint a manager anymore and that Tony Philliskirk is perfectly capable of overseeing first team duties until the end of the season.

Speaking to a few others today, they're all under the illusion that we need a new manager rapid now and I seem to be the only one seeing it differently.

Thoughts?

I think we are all concerned about TPs workload at the moment, a new manager may have to come in soon for that reason.

Understandable - Surely, Mick Preist and fellow youth coaches could work without TP for a few weeks, not the best but some things have to be done for the greater good I suppose.

TP will do anything for the club, has proven that in all the years he's been here!

Dickov found it too difficult with all the duties he had and I think it time TP will do as well. So I think we need someone in to consolidate this season as well as for next season, allowing him to bring his own players etc. BUT I truly believe that this squad is good enough and there isn't anywhere that needs strengthening? Anyone else agree?

The squad may be good enough but most are out of contract. ... soon

This is a very important point, even if we had a manager in place. We are all enjoying this bizarre ride of a season but at the end of the season this team will be broken up as players move on, they are having the best shop window they could hope to have but ultimately the club could well suffer because of it.

TP said it killed him having to tell Dan Taylor he wasn't in the squad, he really didn't liek doing it, which told him he wasn't cut out for management. Happy to see him carry on short term and i feel a new manager won't be in place till next season.

Maybe not the Ruthless figure that we were all after the other week.

It must be hard, but then you've just got to get on with it.

think brown, grounds, tarky, wes, montano, baxter, boozy are the only ones still contracted, sure smith will sign again, and hopefully big jean, but i think furman and croft will have offers, and id like simpson off the wage bill anyway unless he can start being arsed in the league.

think brown, grounds, tarky, wes, montano, baxter, boozy are the only ones still contracted, sure smith will sign again, and hopefully big jean, but i think furman and croft will have offers, and id like simpson off the wage bill anyway unless he can start being arsed in the league.

Furman will end up in the championship, time away in South Africa was his shop window.

Have a feeling Crofty will sign again.

tp doesn't want the job. How many times does this need to be said?

He doesn't want the job on a permanent basis, how many times has this got to be said. Although even that is questionable now, because when asked would he accept the job if offered, he replied he would have to give it some serious thought. I'm very much for offering TP the job until the end of the season.

I know! I know!

How about bringing in someone who has served their time as a coach and wants to move up to management in a partnership with TP. I don't want a name coming in as they will all have failed somewhere on the correct assumption that we can't lure a successful manager away from another club. The new guy could if successful take over for next season with TP as Youth coach and mentor.

Most importantly, probably deliberately, by the time SC appoints a new manager, if he does, it will be all over. What I mean is either we will have won the next two league games and TP should stay or we will have lost them and time will have run out.

SC said on Saturday, in his TalkSport interview with Collymore, that he'd said to TP let's do the Everton game and do the Stevenage game and then worry about it next week. He said "TP knows the players and you have to ask yourself who's going to come in with fifteen games to go and make such a difference the way Tony can? I'm not saying he's going to stay until the end of the season, he may not even want to. And we are looking, we're talking to one or two people now, but it's got to be the right person and we know it's a key decision that we have to make."

SC said on Saturday, in his TalkSport interview with Collymore, that he'd said to TP let's do the Everton game and do the Stevenage game and then worry about it next week. He said "TP knows the players and you have to ask yourself who's going to come in with fifteen games to go and make such a difference the way Tony can? I'm not saying he's going to stay until the end of the season, he may not even want to. And we are looking, we're talking to one or two people now, but it's got to be the right person and we know it's a key decision that we have to make."

Brian Talbot and Ronnie Moore came in with the same time period left in the season and kept us up so its far from impossible

If we give it TP until the end of the season then we need to bring in a few coaches on a short term basis to help with the youths and reserves and possibly another to come and help with the first team. We can't keep asking Tony to take the under 18s and the 1st team until the end of the season its too much.

But a new manager can now come in now they can assess the current squad and decide who stays and goes they will be able to bring in most of their own backroom staff obviously TP and Paul Gerrad too should be given the chance to stay in fact TP really should have the head of youth development for almost as long as he wants it.

There will be coaches and managers chomping at the bit to get to work with this team off the back of our TV games, Byrne was a colossus against Liverpool but then didn't feature against MK Dons and Everton as we brought that foreign sounding lad in who has done really well. No Wabara either and his replacement has done well against 2 lively Everton internationals. We bring Furman off the bench and that lad Winchester who hasn't featured since Liverpool looks decent. Upfront that Smithy looks a prospect too.

SC is probably fighting them off with a :censored:ty stick.

Didn't need to be said in this topic.

Simply keep TP as Caretaker not as permanent manager.

Understand?!

Asking him to take over first team affairs and balancing his youth duties for a few games is a stretch. Asking him to do it until the end of the season is taking the piss. This ain't football manager.