Crofty - New Contract ?

Crofty - New contract  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Crofty's contract expires at the end of the season, should he be offered a new one?

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. How long

• 1 yr
    • 2 yr
    • 3 yr
    • 4 yr
    • 5 yr
    • N/A no contract

I still subscribe to the idea that if we retain the core of this team that we have right now then next season, with some good leadership from a good manager, we will challenge in the top half.

Keep Grounds, keep M'Voto, Tarky is developing, Brown looks to be pretty decent, keep Furman, keep Wes, we've got Baxter, try to sign Barnard permanently or get another quality striker to put alongside Smith and we've got a good side.

Need to stay in this league to keep them, though which has to be main priority.

Edited by NewBlue

I still subscribe to the idea that if we retain the core of this team that we have right now then next season, with some good leadership from a good manager, we will challenge in the top half.

Keep Grounds, keep M'Voto, Tarky is developing, Brown looks to be pretty decent, keep Furman, keep Wes, we've got Baxter, try to sign Barnard permanently or get another quality striker to put alongside Smith and we've got a good side.

Need to stay in this league to keep them, though which has to be main priority.

Does anyone know if we have contract extentions we can activate on any of the players out of contract this summer?

I'd keep most of the squad now but i can see maybe 2 or 3 leaving through either being let go or wanting to go. Simpson, I'd get rid of, very hit and miss lately, more often than not miss than a hit and I imagine he's on a decent wage here and I think we could bring in a free agent in summer who will offer us more. I think one of the 2 keepers will go as I don't imagine Cisak wanting to sit on the bench for another season, neither will Boozy if he's played most of this year so I think one of them will leave, probably Cisak (I don't want either to go but I can just see one leaving - would we get a fee for either? Both young and both have another year of their contract or have I imagined that?). Last one, I can see Furman going. His AFCON trip will have alerted a few and as a free agent I think quite a few other league1 teams would offer him a good deal. just depends if he wants to stay. Murray on as player/coach, maybe Byrne the same depending on who the new manager is but I'd keep him around for his experience and as back up as he can play right back and centre.

I'd keep most of the squad now but i can see maybe 2 or 3 leaving through either being let go or wanting to go. Simpson, I'd get rid of, very hit and miss lately, more often than not miss than a hit and I imagine he's on a decent wage here and I think we could bring in a free agent in summer who will offer us more. I think one of the 2 keepers will go as I don't imagine Cisak wanting to sit on the bench for another season, neither will Boozy if he's played most of this year so I think one of them will leave, probably Cisak (I don't want either to go but I can just see one leaving - would we get a fee for either? Both young and both have another year of their contract or have I imagined that?). Last one, I can see Furman going. His AFCON trip will have alerted a few and as a free agent I think quite a few other league1 teams would offer him a good deal. just depends if he wants to stay. Murray on as player/coach, maybe Byrne the same depending on who the new manager is but I'd keep him around for his experience and as back up as he can play right back and centre.

Simpson played quite well against Liverpool as the second striker, which is his best position, the problem he's had is Jose has been playing there most of the season and Jose is better than him. I can see Simmo leaving us no matter what deal he gets offered as he turned down better money to stay as he enjoyed it here last year but I don't think he has this year.

Furman, again I can see him leaving as his exploits for SA mean he has probably attracted interest from Championship clubs or clubs abroad.

Cisak and Bouzy I can see one staying and one going. If Bouzy leaves we get compensation for him due to his age, if Cisak goes we don't.

The only thing that worries me about Croft is why has it taken so long for him to do something about his weight.

He was in the comfort zone and was being paid good money by Derby. Its only since they paid up his contract that he's started to trim down.

We would have to pay top dollar if we want to keep him and whilst I agree he has been our most creative player in terms of assists it's 7 months into the season and is still yet to score.

If we were to offer him three years would he return to the comfort zone.

My worry would be ' Which Croft would we get'?

The only thing that worries me about Croft is why has it taken so long for him to do something about his weight.

He was in the comfort zone and was being paid good money by Derby. Its only since they paid up his contract that he's started to trim down.

We would have to pay top dollar if we want to keep him and whilst I agree he has been our most creative player in terms of assists it's 7 months into the season and is still yet to score.

If we were to offer him three years would he return to the comfort zone.

My worry would be ' Which Croft would we get'?

Fair point, but perhaps he is in a happier state of mind at BP, spiritual home and all that. Back him to score first goal at Goodison he is nailed on!!!