Si'down!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lot of oddness in this thread. I can understand how people stand when incidents happen and excitement levels rise but the standing as if it's some badge of honour is plain odd. I go along with my son (6) who can't see when people stand up so I usually have to pick him up as well. This is fine when somethings happening - all part of the ebb and flow of an exciting game- but holding him up for 90 minutes isn't really practical. Anyone who is determined to stand up throughout have any suggestions?

What a lot of oddness in this thread. I can understand how people stand when incidents happen and excitement levels rise but the standing as if it's some badge of honour is plain odd. I go along with my son (6) who can't see when people stand up so I usually have to pick him up as well. This is fine when somethings happening - all part of the ebb and flow of an exciting game- but holding him up for 90 minutes isn't really practical. Anyone who is determined to stand up throughout have any suggestions?

Punch the person in front of you, cos you is well hard

Not arsed about people standing as long as my nine year old can see. I do wonder if half of those going all Danny Dyer, if they were with her and her Dad at Portsmouth, Crawley or even at Kiddy and Donny in rounds 1 & 2 etc... So she deserves to see the game, luckily we're near the front of the upper tier so she should be ok and I know most of the 'numpties' likely to be stood near us anyway so im expecting controlled rowdiness - evening Paddy, Rocky etc ;-)

Not arsed about people standing as long as my nine year old can see. I do wonder if half of those going all Danny Dyer, if they were with her and her Dad at Portsmouth, Crawley or even at Kiddy and Donny in rounds 1 & 2 etc... So she deserves to see the game, luckily we're near the front of the upper tier so she should be ok and I know most of the 'numpties' likely to be stood near us anyway so im expecting controlled rowdiness - evening Paddy, Rocky etc ;-)

Any problems just shout "Si down" i do.

Some walk into a football ground and play hard. Some walk into a football ground and pretend they're back in the play ground. Some are just knobs. I've had words with many of the above mentioned on many a occasion.

I'll wager you this, if the stewards ever got there acts together and asked do you wanna stand or sit when welcoming supporters into the stand and upon getting their answer showed them to either the back or the front of the stand. The stander's at the back of the lower tier at Everton would some how change their minds. Badge of honour amongst the majority who wouldn't say boo at any other time.

All that said, Football clubs hold the answer. Make separate area's available. That's to simple I guess.