Si'down!

Some walk into a football ground and play hard. Some walk into a football ground and pretend they're back in the play ground. Some are just knobs. I've had words with many of the above mentioned on many a occasion.

I'll wager you this, if the stewards ever got there acts together and asked do you wanna stand or sit when welcoming supporters into the stand and upon getting their answer showed them to either the back or the front of the stand. The stander's at the back of the lower tier at Everton would some how change their minds. Badge of honour amongst the majority who wouldn't say boo at any other time.

All that said, Football clubs hold the answer. Make separate area's available. That's to simple I guess.

Safe standing should have been introduced years ago. I can't be mithered arguing with the selfish, immature, illogical and aggressive types on here. You can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get behind the team from start to finish but at the same time show some respect.

There are a lot of our fans who are not capable of standing for 90 minutes. comments that they should stay at home are ridiculous. Many of them have been watching Latics since before lots of us were born.

People unfortunately have no choice about where their seats are on Tuesday. It's not like a home game when if you choose to sit in the 'singing section' in the RRE you know that people will stand. If you are not as fit as you once were but have been allocated a seat on the back row at Goodison there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's get behind the lads, sing throughout, and stand when the excitement levels rise but try to accommodate other fans by not standing for 90 min if someone behind you can't or doesn't want to. Let's certainly not abuse people just because we don't agree with them.

Tuesday will be something special but it deserves to be special for everyone.

Agreed, I often stand in amazement at the amount of people that need a hand down the main stand upper steps. None of them a day over 60 either.

My dads 57 in May and can barely manage the Chaddy end steps it's a logistical nightmare getting him in and out of the ground his legs have virtually packed in and he is partially sighted so the big games are a real no go we can just about manage it In a 30% full BP but due to his lack of spatial awareness he can't 'squeeze' past people on the same row so will topple over, too much of a risk and time and again ignorant turds simply won't move to allow him past. And theres no chance of him standing at any game but he's too proud to use a wheelchair so is left at home trying to watch it the best he can.

basically those that wanna sit can tell those of us that want to stand to sit.

but those that want to stand cant tell those that wanna sit to stand.

am standing up all game but there a load of us so shouldnt be bothering you sitters.

ffs biggest game in years lets rock goodison sing for 90 mins.

te way some of you go on its like you wanna sit in silence for 90mins.

if you wanna sit sure you all got a couch at home

am standing up all game but there a load of us so shouldnt be bothering you sitters.

I want to stand all game.

But I will show respect for those behind me who have no way to choose a seat.

If you choose to mistreat or abuse people behind you, remember that they are somebody's dad, grandad, young son, sister etc. And that people unconnected to them may even have human values above that of a slug.

I for one would like to stand and sing all game, nothing malicious about it, no badge of honour, I just enjoy doing it. To me, there's a massive difference between sitting and singing and standing and singing, I feel its so much better to stand and get behind the lads. They need us to get behind them for the full 90 mins and I for one am happy to do that! However, when people behind want to sit, like NewBlue said, I would offer to swap seats so the people who want to sit may sit down infront of me, just as we offered the 6 sat behind us at Nottingham Forest. I hope, like at Forest, if we don't sell out our allocation there will become a clear segregation between those who want to stand and sing all game and those who would like to sit down and just enjoy the occasion their very own way.

Would love to stand all game helps create a better atmosphere truth is proberly not possible guess its all down to wherehere you are sat and who else is sat around you. If its young kids would hate them to miss it or there lasting memorary being could not see as someone else was stood up all game

This is a pretty black and white issue for me.

If I have paid for a seat to watch a match in a stadium then I should be able to sit and watch a match in a stadium. If people are hell bent on preventing that from happening then they should be thrown out of the stadium.

To force even one person to stand who doesn't want to is incredibly selfish and anti-social.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

I don't care what anybody says, atmosphere sat down is not the same as atmosphere stood up.

Obviously I will sit to allow others to see but I'd rather not. To put it bluntly.

Would agree that it can be better BUT no reason why a good atmosphere cannot be created with people sitting down.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

This is a pretty black and issue for me.

If I have paid for a seat to watch a match in a stadium then I should be able to sit and watch a match in a stadium. If people are hell bent on preventing that from happening then they should be thrown out of the stadium.

To force even one person to stand who doesn't want to is incredibly selfish and anti-social.

Your gonna be the only unselfish and social person there in that case!

Like I said. Totally unarmed.

Why say all that when one grunt will do?

Good to see that Latics is one of the clubs that supports the Safer standing initiative by the Football Supporters Federation.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/view/safe-standing-campaign

It's crazy that these arguments between fans of the same team happen week in week out. I've been involved on both sides of the arguments in the past!

Now that football stadiums are so much better managed, there is now no reason why standing can't be reintroduced.

If you visit the link above, you can email your MP to help the campaign to bring back standing areas

Kid in front of me stood up last night so I knocked him out.

Guy behind me asked me to sit down (when I stood up to spark the kid in front of me) so I knocked him out too.

Misunderstanding, I was only trying to ask you if you wouldn't mind sitting on the kid in front who you had knocked out.

Did you happen to find any teeth?

Was a tad disappointed that the vast majority around me wanted to stand but 1 or 2 people behind is opposed so we had to sit for quite a bit of the game.

Got nothing against fans sitting especially when it's physically not possible but there was 100+ empty seats just beneath us that people could have moved to which would have suited both the seated and standing fans.