Si'down!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get behind the team from start to finish but at the same time show some respect.

There are a lot of our fans who are not capable of standing for 90 minutes. comments that they should stay at home are ridiculous. Many of them have been watching Latics since before lots of us were born.

People unfortunately have no choice about where their seats are on Tuesday. It's not like a home game when if you choose to sit in the 'singing section' in the RRE you know that people will stand. If you are not as fit as you once were but have been allocated a seat on the back row at Goodison there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's get behind the lads, sing throughout, and stand when the excitement levels rise but try to accommodate other fans by not standing for 90 min if someone behind you can't or doesn't want to. Let's certainly not abuse people just because we don't agree with them.

Tuesday will be something special but it deserves to be special for everyone.

Amen. I grew up standing on the terraces but when people have no choice where to sit or to go in a standing area then you have to be prepared to give and take a bit. Unfortunately being obnoxious about refusing to sit down has become a real badge of honour.

We need to get behind the team from start to finish but at the same time show some respect.

There are a lot of our fans who are not capable of standing for 90 minutes. comments that they should stay at home are ridiculous. Many of them have been watching Latics since before lots of us were born.

People unfortunately have no choice about where their seats are on Tuesday. It's not like a home game when if you choose to sit in the 'singing section' in the RRE you know that people will stand. If you are not as fit as you once were but have been allocated a seat on the back row at Goodison there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's get behind the lads, sing throughout, and stand when the excitement levels rise but try to accommodate other fans by not standing for 90 min if someone behind you can't or doesn't want to. Let's certainly not abuse people just because we don't agree with them.

Well said. Not everyone can, or wants to, stand up for 90 minutes. I certainly didn't appreciate being told at the Liverpool game (by some gob:censored:e I've never clapped eyes on before) to "STAND UP! :censored:ING SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!" I'm at BP supporting my team every home game, lad, and I do it without blocking the view of the little kid who sits behind me. I know some people moan for the sake of it (telling people to not sing...really, have a word with yourself), but have a bit of common sense.

to be fair if I had a choice I'd stand up, but I am willing to co-operate. What gets me is that to some people on both sides of the debate it's all "me, me me" which results in the arrogant and petty manner in which people speak to you, I'm a firm believer that no matter how frustrating someone is if you're going to give people abuse then you're less likely to get a positive response.

I remember when we had a Season Ticket in the Rochdale Road End and we played Tranmere on Joe Royle's first game back and everyone in front of us was stood up and these blokes behind me rather than politely ask everyone to sit down one of them tried to man handle me and my mates to sit down, then give us loads of abuse when there were hundreds of people in front of us stood up. I must admit for a while after that I was reluctant to go to games after that and I've not sat in those seats since

Edited by Tommy_Fent

a bit of give and take and mutual respect from each side is surely the order of the day here. assess your surroundings and the people involved and be reasonable.

and yes, liverpool away was VERY different. as someone that was on the back row for that match i literally may as well have sat at home and listened on the radio. in fact i really wish i had.

I don't care what anybody says, atmosphere sat down is not the same as atmosphere stood up.

Obviously I will sit to allow others to see but I'd rather not. To put it bluntly.

100% agree with This - why do you think prem teams when they take loads away ALL stand (like spurs chelsea city united arsenal) Adds to the atmosphere. You can create a far better noisier atmosphere to support the lads by standing up. I'd rather stand up anyway however like others said If I had a young kid behind me it would be different.

100% agree with This - why do you think prem teams when they take loads away ALL stand (like spurs chelsea city united arsenal) Adds to the atmosphere. You can create a far better noisier atmosphere to support the lads by standing up. I'd rather stand up anyway however like others said If I had a young kid behind me it would be different.

How about me ...I'm a little old man.Hope you'll sit for me too.

This one aint going to go away whilst we are are still in the cup. For those that want or need to sit I hope you have someone understanding in front of you. If you are being bothered by someone standing come and swap with me. LV4 row3 seat56, reckon I'm on the front row. near the corner flag. Having said that when Jose knocks in the last minute winner looks like I am in a great seat.