Si'down!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a different reason for sitting at Liverpool with lots of supporters having impeded views on the back 4 or 5 rows which was emphasised when people stood up.

There is certainly no restricted views in the top tier at Everton so I hope everybody will be standing and making some noise.

Don't know about the lower tier.

Being loud will only help the players more and they'll need it.

I had a set of dribbles next too and behind me at Anfield with the whole wig and facepaint thing on, they looked confused when I stood and sung! :censored: off! I went to Southend for that game though, there was no way I was having day out spoiled!

You can't argue with that

I was in the Paddock right next to the pitch last time. Got asked to sit down a lot. Lot of tannoy announcements asking for Latics fans to sit down as well. Took no notice - but I was a right balloon that day. Had far too much to drink. Not proud of myself. We gave some horrid abuse to any Everton player that came within 50 yards....god it's like being in the confession box at church writing this.....I'll never forget the look of sheer disgust on Andy Johnson's face after some particularly nasty vitriol aimed at him.

He's only a poor little.....

Edited by Yard Dog

When we have chances or score, I don't mind people standing. Its the anticipation of celebrating a goal and I don't think many people would mind that. But some people stand for anything and that annoys the piss out of me. When we win a throw in or something really pedestrian and people start standing, then the next row follows cause they can't see etc etc. And then people complain when asked to sit down cause people behind can't see. Support the team, yeah. Create and atmosphere yeah but have some consideration for others

I was on the back row at Everton in 2008. Bloke on the row in front asked us after five minutes to stop singing. Seriously.

He got plenty of abuse. Don't show up to the biggest away game in years and expect people to sit in silence. He was still trying to reason with us at half time.

I was on the back row at Everton in 2008. Bloke on the row in front asked us after five minutes to stop singing. Seriously.

He got plenty of abuse. Don't show up to the biggest away game in years and expect people to sit in silence. He was still trying to reason with us at half time.

And what was his argument? Can't wait to hear this!

And what was his argument? Can't wait to hear this!

Too noisy for him. They weren't offensive songs they were in support of the team as I thought that was his initial complaint. His view wasn't being obstructed as we were behind him. He was just a right miserable sod from memory.

He missed the goal and left before full time.

Hope Goodison isn't a repeat of Liverpool away last year with people continually moaning for others to sit down, even a minute after we scored. Not prepared to create a party atmosphere then stay at home and watch it on the tele.

To be fair, at Anfield the people at the back couldn't see half of the pitch when everyone stood up. Bit unfair to imply that it's just because they're miserable bastards.

We need to get behind the team from start to finish but at the same time show some respect.

There are a lot of our fans who are not capable of standing for 90 minutes. comments that they should stay at home are ridiculous. Many of them have been watching Latics since before lots of us were born.

People unfortunately have no choice about where their seats are on Tuesday. It's not like a home game when if you choose to sit in the 'singing section' in the RRE you know that people will stand. If you are not as fit as you once were but have been allocated a seat on the back row at Goodison there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's get behind the lads, sing throughout, and stand when the excitement levels rise but try to accommodate other fans by not standing for 90 min if someone behind you can't or doesn't want to. Let's certainly not abuse people just because we don't agree with them.

Tuesday will be something special but it deserves to be special for everyone.

stand up in front of me and you are out man.

I'm on the upper tier 5 of us and will defo be stood up and singing. Anyone starts and they will soon be on the bottom!

How come everyone thinks they are tough guys on this thread?

Because some people are just intolerant? Because they lack consideration for others? Because they think "thier rights" and more important than anyone else's rights?

Edited by real

People unfortunately have no choice about where their seats are on Tuesday. It's not like a home game when if you choose to sit in the 'singing section' in the RRE you know that people will stand. If you are not as fit as you once were but have been allocated a seat on the back row at Goodison there's nothing you can do about it.

Totally agree about respecting elderly or disabled fans not being able to stand or those who simply don't wish to but there has to be some logic shown in terms of seating.

At Forest myself and about 6 others mates wanted to stand but the people behind us (on the back row) didn't want to so we asked them at half time if they'd like to swap seats.They refused so we had to continue to sit until pretty much everybody else was standing in the away end.

Basically, there is nothing against us swapping seats in the away end to form standing sections and seating sections so that everybody can be accomodated.

We need to get behind the team from start to finish but at the same time show some respect.

There are a lot of our fans who are not capable of standing for 90 minutes. comments that they should stay at home are ridiculous. Many of them have been watching Latics since before lots of us were born.

Let's get behind the lads, sing throughout, and stand when the excitement levels rise but try to accommodate other fans by not standing for 90 min if someone behind you can't or doesn't want to. Let's certainly not abuse people just because we don't agree with them.

Tuesday will be something special but it deserves to be special for everyone.

Have to agree, if there was some way we could get all the people who want to stand at the back it would be ideal, but that aint gonna happen, as said, at home just go in the rocky. Personally I would rather stand, but if I impede somebody who needs to be sat down then i would sit.