Michael Oliver

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst refereeing performances ive seen. Two stone wall penalties turned down, one on each side, and lots of silly missed decisions. But aside from that, the game couldn't flow because he was so whistle happy. The 3 added minutes just rubbed salt in the wounds - wouldn't have helped anyone really, but it was just the wrong amount of time to add on.

Premier league refs used to giving soft decisions for defenders. Contact is bound to happen in the box but when both players are all over each other why refs feel they have to favour defenders is beyond me. The bloke who took our game vs Liverpool was much much better I thought

I was under no illusions in how difficult a task to get thru was going to be tonight and the best team came out on top but Mr Oliver I hope you can tell your mum when you get home that you had a good game you :censored:ing biased prick.

I am by no means a sore loser and we were always up against it but don't blatantly make impossible for the little guy to compete.

For me an amazing journey has come to an end and to be honest totally gutted coz the boys in blue brought back all that is good and special about OAFC

How is it a foul when Howard keeps running into our players. Utter tosh.

My thoughts exactly. What are they supposed to do, say oh sorry Tim here's the ball. Premiership players would rather it be a non-contact sport, and the way the 'Premiership' refs go about their business it's the way it's heading!

Their penalty was the correct decision but there was a blatant handball at the other end which he refused to give.

The throw-in which led to their 3rd goal was given the wrong way.

Why was Simpson booked when (it looked to me like) Howard flapped at the ball and missed it?

Why were there only 3 minutes extra time when there were 5 substitutions, 2 goals and Howard rolling around like a baby for 3 minutes?

I don't think a better ref would have affected the outcome of the game but he totally ruined it.

Their penalty was the correct decision but there was a blatant handball at the other end which he refused to give.

The throw-in which led to their 3rd goal was given the wrong way.

Why was Simpson booked when (it looked to me like) Howard flapped at the ball and missed it?

Why were there only 3 minutes extra time when there were 5 substitutions, 2 goals and Howard rolling around like a baby for 3 minutes?

I don't think a better ref would have affected the outcome of the game but he totally ruined it.

You don't think the pen and potentially 1-1 instead of 2-0 might have changed the whole complexion of the game?!

You don't think the pen and potentially 1-1 instead of 2-0 might have changed the whole complexion of the game?!

I think it would have changed the game. And their third goal was the one which knocked the stuffing out of us.

I'm trying not to be all sour grapes about it!

Watched it on the box and Andy Bellend and the other bloke didn't see too much wrong with any of the decisions(shock) other than the Gibson handball.

We did get away with one though when tarky wrestled Jelavic to the floor in the box.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Watched it on the box and Andy Bellend and the other bloke didn't see too much wrong with any of the decisions(shock) other than the Gibson handball.

We did get away with one though when tarky wrestled Jelavic to the floor in the box.

I think that he realised, after thinking about it,n Tarkowski that he should have given us a pen for the hand ball and evened it up by not giving them the pen on Jelavic. That's not the point though is it, at 1 - 1 it would have been a different game.