Oumare Tounkara

• 2 months later...

I reckon he's made a bad career move here.

If he stayed at Brizzle I could've seen him being one of the best strikers in League Two, thus getting him attention from Leagues above. Whereas now I'm not sure he's good enough aerially to be effective for Westley's team.

Or maybe it's just that I loved watching the wrecking ball play and can't stand Westley!

just the sort of player we could do with - always liked him, ok he missed a few, but he has the pace power and work rate to cause havoc and chances for others

Better player than Matt Smith and as much as Smith is a good option to have, he lacks the pace and control to make it higher up in my opinion, as has been said take away the tv cameras and he is released without much noise.

If you want to play your team around a big guy and run off him then smith is useful but LJ plays a fast-paced game and Smith wouldn't have been a starter in any case i dont think next season.

Good luck Tonk

smith or tonk?

smith every time. not the greatest footballer, but developing in huge strides all the time, unstoppable with his head, and doesnt seem to be effected by what he hears from the terraces. tonk gets more flustered than a teenage girl infront of the latest x factor winner

never really saw what people liked in him tbh. not the worst we have had but if it wasnt for the memorable name he would just be another forgettable loanee for me

He wasn't really that good, but he had the impossible task of trying to fill Pav's boots.

never really saw what people liked in him tbh. not the worst we have had but if it wasnt for the memorable name he would just be another forgettable loanee for me

Just before end of season with BOUT 4 GAMES TO go his third spell seem to be a mix reaction to his appointment. I still think they will struggle next season.

smith or tonk?

smith every time. not the greatest footballer, but developing in huge strides all the time, unstoppable with his head, and doesnt seem to be effected by what he hears from the terraces. tonk gets more flustered than a teenage girl infront of the latest x factor winner

you see I'd rather have a flare player over a grafter any day of the week, especially up front. Players like Smith may try harder but they're limited plus you've got to set your style of play to suit them, whereas if you can get the best out of the likes of Tounkare, Davies, Johnson, O'Grady etc (and usually other clubs do) then you've got a much better forumla

you see I'd rather have a flare player over a grafter any day of the week, especially up front. Players like Smith may try harder but they're limited plus you've got to set your style of play to suit them, whereas if you can get the best out of the likes of Tounkare, Davies, Johnson, O'Grady etc (and usually other clubs do) then you've got a much better forumla

you cant seriously be putting tonk in the same bracket as the other three?

Tink is the only striker I've ever seen who's head drops when a shot bounces out off keeper, bar, post or defender.

While I loved his work rate, chicken run, celebrating in te Chaddy End and that goal against Huddersfield there must have been half a dozen times where he's been too busy being upset at not scoring to actually get round to sticking the rebound in the net.

Dickov overplayed him when his form went too.