I've not seen it replayed, but I think he got Simpson's yellow card wrong.

Should have been a red.

disagree, it was a proper 50/50 and Simpson won the ball. He got booked because the Sheffield United player stayed down as if Simpson had caught him. Everytime a red shirt stayed down the referee saw it as a foul.

i ended up laughing at the decisions he was making by the end. If Simpson wasn't pushed for a penalty then surely Hill shouldn't have got a freekick early on when he jumped next to Croft.

If a player had such a bad day as that referee, he'd have got substituted at half time. How come the referee is allowed to stay on and then not get criticised? That man got paid for his performance yesterday!! If he's not been relegated to another league next week then something is wrong with football.

He was the ref vs tranmere this season and i seem to recall him being just as :censored:. Totally inept.

Didn't realise it was the same ref. My brother came to the Tranmere game and was absolutely appalled. I was telling him for most of the first half that "This is the standard of refereeing at our level", by the end of the game I had to concede that, even for this level, he was stunningly awful.

Thought the challenge Simpson got booked for was a perfectly good 50/50 challenge, and he got the ball. The performance from our players wasn't good enough (and they were 2 soft goals), but you can't really blame them for their heads dropping, they must have thought "what's the point? He's gonna blow up for a foul if we get anywhere near their penalty area."

Disgrace. I was fuming by the final whistle. Still annoyed today. Never in my time watching football have I seen so much bias, he may as well have worn their bloody kit and jumped in with their lot celebrating their second goal (which took 5 minutes to get back to kick off so who knows where 4 bloody minutes came from.)

Utter disgrace.

:censored:ing disgraceful performance.

I swear to god that is the worst refereeing I have seen in my time.

That was a fix today....................

Sorry but you cannot get so many decisions wrong, he earned a big brown envelope today.

Can't agree. It was equally as bad as the last time he was here. It infuriates me how these refs carry on getting abuse everywhere they go and nothing is done about it. The FA says the ref is always right and that's it. If a player put in a performance like that, he would be out of the team. Why aren't refs? I was talking t a couple of Sheffield fans who also thought he was rubbish, and he have them everything!

http://rateyourref.c...ee/Andy-Woolmer think this page sums up this ref should be sacked

It's not just us;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A48611595

http://www.cardiff.v...cle.asp?a=10274

http://www.peterboro...feree-1-1367710

http://www.bromleyti...missal_1_584869

Info from a Huddersfield fan site;

Post by ddterrier on Feb 14, 2011 at 7:16pm

I emailed the FA yesterday and got a reply today.

"Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

Whilst understanding your frustration as a football fan, every supporter will have an opinion on the game’s major talking points and we’re always interested to hear them. The Football Association receives frequent correspondence on individual refereeing decisions across all levels of football as well as on the performance of referees in general. Whilst 100% consistency is impossible when human judgment is introduced into a situation, referees get the overwhelmingly majority of decisions right. In fact they are arguably the most consistent people in the game making split-second decisions that will be analysed repeatedly by slow motion cameras and panels of football experts.

There is a system in place for monitoring the performance of referees and referee's assistants. This involves referees assessors and reports from club managers. All assessors come from a footballing background and the majority are fully qualified referees themselves. The performances of referees over a season are then taken into consideration when the leagues appoint their referees for the following season.

The National Group officiates in the Football League and is the responsibility of David Allison, Referees Manager at the Football League. Football League refereeing enquiries need to be addressed to David Allison, Referees Manager, The Football League, Edward V11 Quay, Navigation Way, Preston, PR2 2YF or at fl@football-league.co.uk

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your comments will form part of this feedback process.

Kind regards

Gary"

Bit of a standard reply but the more complaints the more chance of getting something done.

info@thefa.com

Edited by BP1960

Ordinarily I'd consider it ridiculous to write to the FA, as a fan, to complain about a referee.

But I'm considering it after yesterday.

Absolutely the same here.

There is no way whatsoever he didn't see that push on Simpson, which should have resulted in a certain penalty.

The cheating :censored:er has cost us.

http://rateyourref.co.uk/referee/Andy-Woolmer think this page sums up this ref should be sacked

Most of the comments on there came from Huddersfield fans after we drew 0-0 there a couple of seasons back. I recall Hazell getting a joke of a booking and Alan Lee being a :censored:. But Alan Lee is always a :censored:.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9387844.stm

Unbelievably we were 6th after that game!

Most of the comments on there came from Huddersfield fans after we drew 0-0 there a couple of seasons back. I recall Hazell getting a joke of a booking and Alan Lee being a :censored:. But Alan Lee is always a :censored:.

http://news.bbc.co.u...v_2/9387844.stm

Unbelievably we were 6th after that game!

We were 6th two years ago? Where did it all go wrong?!

It truly was THE worst display of officiating I have ever seen at any level and that includes Sunday League! Now as has been mentioned already we can handle the odd mistake and poor performance, it comes with the territory of being a fan of a league one team. As Graham Poll said in his book, the standard of reffin' is equal to the standard of playing.

But that today was truly sensational, I'd even go as far to say he's worse than the love child of Uriah Rennie and Kevin Friends could ever be!

Looking back I see we had him at home to Tranmere this season (lost 0-1) and also at home to Walsall last season (midweek match, won 2-1). I didn't attend the Tranmere match but I distinctly recall he was fairly poor against Walsall and gave them a soft-as-:censored: penalty right at the death which our keeper (Cisak?) saved.

But :censored: me, even in the cold light of two days after his performance :censored:ing rankles with me. Must have been the massively scathing match report from Chambers in the Chron which keeps it raw. Hope he gets his :censored:ing hands bitten off on his next post round.