With Tranmere now firmly in our sights and the abuse that Rockin Ronnie is going to take, does anyone else think that apart from the fact that we didn't like his brand of football he would have got us up in the subsequent seasons since he left ?

I can see him shouting hoof when we hit the ball long to Smithy...

With Tranmere now firmly in our sights and the abuse that Rockin Ronnie is going to take, does anyone else think that apart from the fact that we didn't like his brand of football he would have got us up in the subsequent seasons since he left ?

Yep i think he probably would have done. If the guy had the media savy of Dickov he would still be here. He does well at this level - for some reason though he seemed to like personally atacking players through the media. The bell in the ball comment is one that springs to mind. I wish we would lay of the stick to be honest. I never really warmed to him but he was better than some we have had... and the chant people used to sing to ian moore was way over the top.

Fingers crossed we are playing them at the right time

Edited by bluehobbit

I wish we would lay of the stick to be honest. I never really warmed to him but he was better than some we have had... and the chant people used to sing to ian moore was way over the top.

Fingers crossed we are playing them at the right time

Think it'll just be reversed to 'son' and 'wife'.

Be a completely different side to the one who professionally won at BP in November- we've had a complete and utter injury nightmare. Every Monday the first question to RM has been 'when is player X and Y back'. A lot of kids and dross have had to fill in and as a result we've kinda stalled. Sidibe came in and inspired us at Colchester, only to get injured as well. Pretty grim stuff.

RM, a few have criticised him for not being able to handle the crisis better, but besides signing an appalling CB on loan from WBA who has been displaced by Goody there isn't a lot anyone could do, the side that had us flying after our BP visit just over half of that team play most games now.

Hard to call tomorrow but we need a win with Bournemouth hovering below in seventh and I'd imagine a draw would do you lot providing you beat Hartlepool and the other sides down the bottom. Is Barnard fit, could be a key factor if he plays or not

Didnt see anyone calling for RM to come back when Shez took us to the playoffs. I don't think he would have taken us up as I don't feel we had quite enough budget to do so anyway. At best we would have made the playoffs like Shez did then dropped off when we lost Porter and Wellens, as we did.

He was a bit crap for us in all honesty, and he's done nothing since he left up until this season to suggest he would've taken us up at any point. There's been a fair amount of revisionism in recent seasons by some Latics fans though. I didn't see too many people complaining when we were 90 minutes away from the play-off final the season after we sacked him...

Be a completely different side to the one who professionally won at BP in November- we've had a complete and utter injury nightmare. Every Monday the first question to RM has been 'when is player X and Y back'. A lot of kids and dross have had to fill in and as a result we've kinda stalled. Sidibe came in and inspired us at Colchester, only to get injured as well. Pretty grim stuff.

RM, a few have criticised him for not being able to handle the crisis better, but besides signing an appalling CB on loan from WBA who has been displaced by Goody there isn't a lot anyone could do, the side that had us flying after our BP visit just over half of that team play most games now.

Hard to call tomorrow but we need a win with Bournemouth hovering below in seventh and I'd imagine a draw would do you lot providing you beat Hartlepool and the other sides down the bottom. Is Barnard fit, could be a key factor if he plays or not

Barnard is fit.

Listening to RM's pre match interview, it sounds like the Trannies are dropping their youth system because the compensation paid by the greedy clubs, will not cover the cost of developing players from the age of 8. They will instead go for the greedy clubs cast offs aged between 16 and 18. This is the way we should have gone. Let the greedy clubs pay for development, and hope to get a late developer off them. The £250,000 saved would add 3 or 4 experienced players to he squad, and we would silll be able to bring in the likes of Wabara on loan.

Listening to RM's pre match interview, it sounds like the Trannies are dropping their youth system because the compensation paid by the greedy clubs, will not cover the cost of developing players from the age of 8. They will instead go for the greedy clubs cast offs aged between 16 and 18. This is the way we should have gone. Let the greedy clubs pay for development, and hope to get a late developer off them. The £250,000 saved would add 3 or 4 experienced players to he squad, and we would silll be able to bring in the likes of Wabara on loan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/8969167/Football-League-clubs-dealt-huge-blow-after-Fifa-decides-emergency-loans-contravene-its-rules.html

The Youth set up will become more important simply to provide our own players. Any taken by the Prem teams who are a success will give us significant compensation as they play more games. There will also be those who are taken, given experience and then become available again. We need to build a team not of premiership players but of good league 1 standard to keep us in and allow us to move on from this division - or whichever we are in.

Emergency loans are not necessarily a good thing as they encourage a short term view with money being put to one side (must be with the fair play cap). Once these go the full budget will be available and clubs will be encouraged to build a team.

heard that question a million times and I'll give the same answer under Moore when we faced the better sides in the Division at the time like Huddersfield and Barnsley, we got found out. He's clearly changes his approach since then but I was happy with the job that Sheridan did up until around January 2009