Relegation fear indicator poll  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Relegation-wise, are you:

• Crapping it - we're running out of games and leaving it late courts disaster
    • Perfectly relaxed - we're too good to go down and we've got games aplenty to get out of the hole we're in

The season ticket offer, what happened to that, is going to have to be very good although probably best to wait and pay on the door as that money might disappear with the FA Cup money (I stand to be corrected but where is it?) and Corney who says he will go if we go down.

Clearly gone the same way as the 'compensation' for ST holders after the 'Golden Ticket'.....It was said that something would be offered and once it was said it should have been done.....but wasn't.....

After Liverpool, and both Everton games....i had the buzz back and so did the club, it's gone now....part of me wishes that we'd never had that run because our hopes wouldn't have been built up

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(if we get relegated)... If we stay in League 2 then so be it, we'll have found our level. However promotion is much more likely in League 2, more play off places and similar sized clubs. Sometimes I feel we can't progress as a bottom half League 1 club, it's soul destroying watching Latics finish in the same place, a change of scenery would be a big hit with me & there'd be plenty of cracking away days in League 2. Sad but true, our relegation has been overdue for a while. There'll be no tears cried here should we go down. Keep the Faith.

(if we get relegated)... If we stay in League 2 then so be it, we'll have found our level. However promotion is much more likely in League 2, more play off places and similar sized clubs. Sometimes I feel we can't progress as a bottom half League 1 club, it's soul destroying watching Latics finish in the same place, a change of scenery would be a big hit with me & there'd be plenty of cracking away days in League 2. Sad but true, our relegation has been overdue for a while. There'll be no tears cried here should we go down. Keep the Faith.

I've often thought that mate. It'd be nice to see us win more often and visit some new away grounds etc.

Having said that, that's what I thought when we dropped out of the Championship, and look how that's ended up.

Bear in mind that Burton Albion may be swapping places with Latics. :drinking45::drinking:

Oh we've turned Burton.

It may come as a surprise but the few people who care about Burton Albion on this board can probably be found in a family picture of yours Diego.

Oh we've turned Burton.

It may come as a surprise but the few people who care about Burton Albion on this board can probably be found in a family picture of yours Diego.

No we haven't "turned Burton", just as we haven't turned medical.

It may come as a surprise to you that many Latics supporters are looking forward to a trip to Burton next season, and crapping themselves that the players may spoil that wish.

It may come as a surprise to you that many Latics supporters are looking forward to a trip to Burton next season, and crapping themselves that the players may spoil that wish.

I know a few Latics fans might be wishing for a trip to Burton but when they talk of away trips in League 2 comes to mind, I doubt Burton is at the top of many lists (aside from yours). Bearing in mind Dale, Fleetwood, Bradford, Morecambe, York, Rotherham and probably Bury are all likely to be league 2 next season and Accy could be. Not to mention AFC Wimbledon, Barnet and Aldershot who a few might need to complete the 92. Also the holiday trips of Plymouth (if they stay up) and Torquay.

But no you immediately think of Burton and the fact they are doing well when someone mentions League 2 away trips. I suppose I can't blame you and I wasn't really being serious (after all I know presumably some of the same fans).

The problem with relegation to L2 is that you're one bad season relegation away from non-league. If that happens we won't need the stands we've got. let alone a new one!

Everything about OAFC at the moment smells like meltdown. We don't look capable of winning just as every team around us is getting their act together.

I just don't think we would survive relegation. Corney will dissapear with all the funds the club will crumble to nothing with just a bunch of kids turning out, maybe with the odd experienced loanee or hasbeen. It would smack of Stockport County IMO

I'd love a trip to Burton, regardless of whether it attracts pseudo-medical hatred. Also Torquay, Oxford (what-ho Tarquin!), York and a few others could be decent away days. There IS a bright side!

I'm in the

The morning after the night before and the poll is showing less than 30% of people are not crapping it. Tuesday could obliterate the non-crappers completely.

I'm in the middle of the two options, getting quite concerned that relegation is getting closer especially with the losses we have endured but then not as relaxed about it as I have been in past weeks, only if/ when it comes down to the crunch will I be nipping to the whiskey Charlie for an anxious one.