Relegation fear indicator poll  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Relegation-wise, are you:

• Crapping it - we're running out of games and leaving it late courts disaster
    • Perfectly relaxed - we're too good to go down and we've got games aplenty to get out of the hole we're in

I don't think will will go down, but tomorrow is a huge game, lose and we are deep in it.

On a personal note, Latics were in the old 4th Division when I started watching them so it will be a 50 year full circle for me.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three teams have all but gone down already. There is no way we will go down over Shrews, Col U or Scunny. Just goes to show what a steaming pile of donkey :censored:e this league is.

We are below them, be it with games in hand, so they can't be much worse than us - maybe they're better. Our players are better than theirs but team and leadership clearly are not.

Three teams have all but gone down already. There is no way we will go down over Shrews, Col U or Scunny. Just goes to show what a steaming pile of donkey :censored:e this league is.

I would have agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but Hartlepool are finding some good form.

If they beat us tomorrow, they are only 1 point behind us.

We can't find the goals at the moment and there is a massive chance we will go down.

We need a new manager and to start playing attacking football qickly if we have half a chance!

Can't say I'm really to bothered, surprised really as I thought I would be. League 1 and League 2 all the same rubbish to me. I used to harbour ambitions of getting into the championship, used to think that was our level now I look upon teams such as Yeovil with envy. The club just seems to have a total lack of professionalism from top to bottom. If SC buggers off if we get relegated then you'd have to say he's been a big failure, when he came to the club we had a 4 sided decent enough stadium at this level, oh were the days when we could sing ":censored: ground no fans"

I'm very very worried (crapping it). What keeps going round and round my head is that we'll be saying in years to come, "yes 2012-13 season, we got beat by Everton in the FA Cup replay and it affected us that much that we didn't win a league game from that point on".

I pray I'm wrong.

Only time i've seen luck as bad as ours this season has been in the two years we went down in '94 and '97 and during the 'not a pot to piss in' years under Ritchie. I hope this season is the latter, but I don't have much hope or belief in the squad of pussies we have assembled. Which makes the cup run all the more infuriating. Good teams don't bemoan their bad luck they go out and make luck an irrelevance.

A few of our 'cup heroes' would be nowhere near my team.

We need a leader, a talisman, time and again when we have dodged a :censored:ty bullet we've had both.. this year we have neither.

Relegation for me would be the end of this club as the club's 'bored' will simply accept its' lot and downsize further….

What Paul said.

Whilst the club is in a perfect position to cut its cloth accordingly and is not stuck with many big earners on long term contracts, from what I have seen of the existing regime is that the attitude would be to cut even further and downsize even further, hence whilst the current regime are in charge I am of the view that relegation would be nothing short of a disaster of epic proportions for Oldham Athletic.

Sorry to sound so gloomy but couldn't think of any other way to put it.

Can't say I'm really to bothered, surprised really as I thought I would be. League 1 and League 2 all the same rubbish to me. I used to harbour ambitions of getting into the championship, used to think that was our level now I look upon teams such as Yeovil with envy. The club just seems to have a total lack of professionalism from top to bottom. If SC buggers off if we get relegated then you'd have to say he's been a big failure, when he came to the club we had a 4 sided decent enough stadium at this level, oh were the days when we could sing ":censored: ground no fans"

More or less sums it up, for me. I love the Latics but relegation does not mean the end of the club, it just means less money and more :censored:, sometimes good, football. There is no difference between leagues One and Two, in fact, some teams in League Two are way better than Latics are currently playing.

With only five players (?) left on contract, and some already stating that they will not be here next season, do we have enough players out on the pitch who are willing/caring enough to prevent relegation? I have my doubts and now that the cup-run is over, the rot seems set once more.

I hope I am wrong, but if Latics do get relegated, well, that's football, that's life..not the end of the world.

Even more so if Furman leaves to go to Donny which is looking likely.

...slightly more people crapping it now. Let's think about this narrative arc. Backroom staff out, no replacements. Manager (also chief scout, cook and bottle washer) out. Youth team coach takes over with assistance from PG. PG out. Captain out, for no money.

If this isn't a "What the :censored: is going on?" moment, I don't know what is.

...slightly more people crapping it now. Let's think about this narrative arc. Backroom staff out, no replacements. Manager (also chief scout, cook and bottle washer) out. Youth team coach takes over with assistance from PG. PG out. Captain out, for no money.

If this isn't a "What the :censored: is going on?" moment, I don't know what is.

Well said that man. My arse is twitching like a rabbit's nose now. Let's just hope we don't get dicked off Bournemouth on Saturday as well.

I feel like I did in 94. 97 didn't seem so bad as I expected it after 94.

The season ticket offer, what happened to that, is going to have to be very good although probably best to wait and pay on the door as that money might disappear with the FA Cup money (I stand to be corrected but where is it?) and Corney who says he will go if we go down.

Not expecting anything tomorrow. Don't expect much on Tuesday. Expect to struggle in Division 4.

M'Changama. Crapping it level 7 now, with 1 being constipation and 10 being hospitalisation-grade :censored:z.

9 should be hospitalisation grade and 10 should be severe hospitalisation grade where the doctors haven't a clue what's going on or know exactly what's going on and it's not good news.

Same with 1 really unless you have a 0 on your scale.

In terms of this season I'm a 1 or a 2, in terms of next season and beyond I'm at least a 7.