Relegation fear indicator poll  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Relegation-wise, are you:

• Crapping it - we're running out of games and leaving it late courts disaster
    • Perfectly relaxed - we're too good to go down and we've got games aplenty to get out of the hole we're in

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only time i've seen luck as bad as ours this season has been in the two years we went down in '94 and '97 and during the 'not a pot to piss in' years under Ritchie. I hope this season is the latter, but I don't have much hope or belief in the squad of pussies we have assembled. Which makes the cup run all the more infuriating. Good teams don't bemoan their bad luck they go out and make luck an irrelevance.

A few of our 'cup heroes' would be nowhere near my team.

We need a leader, a talisman, time and again when we have dodged a :censored:ty bullet we've had both.. this year we have neither.

Relegation for me would be the end of this club as the club's 'bored' will simply accept its' lot and downsize further….

The worry i have if we do go down is that it may happen again and very quickly.

i no there are a few teams who have gone down and re built in recent times i.e swindon brighton huddersfield to name a few.

but the amount of teams who have gone down and stayed down far outweighs this macclesfield stockport luton wrexham rushden

hereford just a few to go down twice in a short space of time. then you have the bradfords torquay northampton etc that have gone

down n stayed down.

in short i think its imperative we stay up because i have a feeling we wouldnt come bk quickly if at all

I don't even believe we could "bounce back" if we went down - especially not with this team.

I've never seen Latics get promoted nor I have I been unlucky enough to see them relegated but if they went down, considering we've had money problems around the corner for years, a said-stadium that doesn't even exist and a decreasing attendance, it really does :censored: me up to think what might happen if we went down. I think the new stand would be an idea blown off in the wind again and as for the existence of the club... Hard to say.

I always had this idea that if we went down we'd go bankrupt and turn into Wimbledon: a club that once was in the Prem, had bags of history but is just a team parents tell their kids about.

It could be worse: we could be Pompey.

I think we'll stay up this season. Just. Possibly on the last day. But as I alluded to in my "delaying the ineviatble" thread, I fear we'll go down next season. Yet again 70-80% of this team will drift away and replaced by another rag-tag bunch of sorta-alright-but-not-really-up-for-a-scrap individuals. I'm perfectly calm about going down though. I've never been one to be looking like the soft bastard on the camera crying into his scarf.