When will the fans turn against Corney

So far I think that Latics fans have been pretty patient with Corney.....but will a time come when fans turn and chants of "Sack the board" and "you dont know what you're doing" start?

Yes he saved us 10 years ago but where have we gone from there........? What are the positives of his 10 years with the club?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not anti Corney, but the biggest thing that pisses me off is the amount of quality players he allows to slip away with his :censored: contracts. Only twice have I known him to act positively. Once with Baxter, and once with Davies. Then with Davies he :censored: his pants and fired him of because our mongy fans spat their dummys out when he acted like Lee Hughes, without actually being Lee Hughes.

When we raid his home and discover that he's been hiding £500m and if he put a decent chunk of that in he would've taken us to the Premier League by now.

He might've annoyed some people with his dealings with them but I think we could've done a lot worse than Corney and, at least for now, he's funded us staying in this division for nearly 10 years.

If there's a realistic replacement then we might get "sack the board" protests, but would anyone else really be that interested in taking us on?

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

The more I look at the league table the more I look for a scapegoat when it should be the players mainly. However the lack of info is starting to change my opinion of him.

Genuine question.

What lack of info?

There's already been the "if it ain't broke" comment relating to the manager.

He can't really say "I've been in talks with Iain Dowie, Sammy Lee and Jose Mourinho and they're all interested but want an extra £50k a year".

He always stated that updates on the new stand would be limited if there was nothing to say. Why say something when there is nothing to say?

Seriously how some of you still have a corney love in is unreal.

Yes he saved us a DECADE ago but what has improved in that time please tell me.

have any of the following improved or am i alone in thinking we are only moving in one direction...

The stadium? clearly not!

The attendances?? clearly not!

communication with fans? clearly not!

manager n backroom staff? well we aint got any!

match day experiance? nope!

The only time some of you will realise is when/if we get left high n dry!

He has lived off saving the club for to long!

just my opinion

People saying sack the board shouldn't even bother supporting the team. I think corney has done his best with limited funds. We have made a profit in the last 2 seasons how can that be a bad thing. The stadium is on it's way and let's face it the team we have should be a in a better position than it states. But again fans said give dickov time so he listens to the fans and he still gets criticised. Corney should be seen as a legend at latics cause without him I would be supporting Bolton now as we wouldn't have had a team. Success isn't going to happen like it did back in the royle days on the cheap it takes money. So get behind corney!

Genuine question.

What lack of info?

There's already been the "if it ain't broke" comment relating to the manager.

He can't really say "I've been in talks with Iain Dowie, Sammy Lee and Jose Mourinho and they're all interested but want an extra £50k a year".

He always stated that updates on the new stand would be limited if there was nothing to say. Why say something when there is nothing to say?

The only info we get is the limited info on twitter and that aksam fella who talks a load of rubbish. Personally I would like to know, when an appointment will be made, or when they hope to, what candidate we looking for and have we interviewed anyone? It is broken now we are in the bottom 4 and lost the last 3.

I would like to know, when an appointment will be made

He doesn't know yet.

or when they hope to

He's said end of the season, maybe sooner.

what candidate we looking for

The candidate will then expect more money. But he's said he's contacted Dowie.

and have we interviewed anyone?

I wouldn't want him naming my name if he's interviewed me and declined me.

It is broken now we are in the bottom 4 and lost the last 3.

Did you have seriously high expectations against Everton, Sheffield Utd and Tranmere?

Would Chelsea fans ever turn again Abramovic....?

....no, because they know they'd be f*#%^d without him. Similar situation with us, yes we haven't made any progress and yes we've probably moved backwards in the 10 years since the 3 amigos took over. But without him and his money there's a good chance the club wouldn't be here

adamoafc

judging by your post you think corney is doing everything right by the club?

can i just ask do you honestly think that in the postion we are in simon *god* corney

has got it right not getting in new coaches and backroom staff?

we are in a scrap and neither you or i or anyone has a clue what is going on management wise.

TP has far to much on his hands it will be effecting the players not knowing who is coming or going.

stability is what is needed and we certainly have none of that!!

Would Chelsea fans ever turn again Abramovic....?

....no, because they know they'd be f*#%^d without him. Similar situation with us, yes we haven't made any progress and yes we've probably moved backwards in the 10 years since the 3 amigos took over. But without him and his money there's a good chance the club wouldn't be here

Some of them are turning on Abramovich. "We want our Chelsea back" means a lot more than they want rid of Rafa the Gafa.

I get people's suspicions of Corney and the lack of a new manager is a little bit disturbing, but I wouldn't swap him for Portsmouth's owners or about half the other :censored:houses who "run" football clubs in this country. Corney in.

adamoafc

judging by your post you think corney is doing everything right by the club?

can i just ask do you honestly think that in the postion we are in simon *god* corney

has got it right not getting in new coaches and backroom staff?

we are in a scrap and neither you or i or anyone has a clue what is going on management wise.

TP has far to much on his hands it will be effecting the players not knowing who is coming or going.

stability is what is needed and we certainly have none of that!!

Corney is always going to do what everyone wants and I agree he doesn't do everything right. Like a few other posts look at Portsmouth Swindon these clubs had owners backing them they left and now Swindon are struggling with the chance of admin and Pompey are well and truly dying as a club! The grass isn't always greener.

He doesn't know yet.

He's said end of the season, maybe sooner.

The candidate will then expect more money. But he's said he's contacted Dowie.

I wouldn't want him naming my name if he's interviewed me and declined me.

Did you have seriously high expectations against Everton, Sheffield Utd and Tranmere?

I don't want specific names, just the kind of manager, experience? Even if we accept losing the last 3 it can no longer be deemed not broken. He doesn't need to name names just keep us updated on where we are up to. Apologies for getting slightly concerned, I just feel as though there is not enough getting fed down to us. If there's nothing to keep us updated about then that is worrying.

Corney as done a good job since taking over. Lets not forget he took over a club that was "beyond being saved" at the time and despite the problems with the shambles that is Oldham Council and the Global financial crisis we are still playing in the same division we was at the time he took over. If it wasn't for the Council or the country's Financial situation i think we could have possibly played or be playing at higher level. At the minute we are a club that is punching above its weight and have been for a few years now.

Some fans have to wake up to the fact that without him we would defiantly be playing at a much lower level than we are now unless we was to find somebody that is willing to lose even more money that Corney and Co have lost.

It is fair to say that had things gone to plan we would not be where we are now. We would have the new stadium. We would have more support and we would have made a decent stab at getting into the Championship.

We are where we are because of the failure of governments to control the financial industry worldwide.

Corney has done well to keep it all together and we are moving slowly towards a new stand. It must be said that the people of Oldham are more responsible for the position we find ourselves in because support has seeped away but they too are suffering from the failure of governments to control the financial industry worldwide.

In his own words Corney will have failed if we are relegated as I now expect. Apparently he will then leave and we will really be in the :censored:! His biggest mistake, if we are relegated, will prove to be the failure to appoint a new manager.

Beating Liverpool

Anfield Night

The Everton home game and specifically the equaliser

The 3-1 win at Leeds

The 1-0 win at Goodison

The play-off run of 06-07

Thrashing Huddersfield several times (even the 1-0)

The 3-2 win and the injury time equaliser at She***ld Un***d

Celebration Sunday

Beating City 1-0

Beating Forest several times including the 5-0 and the 3-2

Some of these moments are there for a split second but, for us like-minded Latics lovers, cannot be reproduced by anything else and stay with you a lifetime. Without TTA and Simon Corney, they would never have happened.

Yes it's mainly dross inbetween but for a League One Club with limited resources, a dwindling fan base and the top two league clubs on our doorstep, it's more than I expect.

Of course we all want more, want overall progression on and off the pitch, but imagine for a moment what life would have been like if TTA hadn't taken the club over - and then delete the above list.

(Self-confessed happy clapper)