Dowie deal almost done

Who says Dowie has been offered the role?

Who Says he hasn't already refused?

Fact is, we know nothing.

He was and he has..how many times to I have to say it?!

Dowie is the new Scholes.......neither of them are coming so can we just move on?

I agree. We need to move on but where? Someone needs to ask Corney what his plans are for this season and, more importantly, next season.

Offering a manager position until the end of the season means only one thing. He doesn't know what's to happen next season and this is more than what division we'd be in. Stinks of him sorting his exit plan hence why he's in New York quite a lot lately.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is Corney doing? The writing has been on the wall with Dickov all season and Corney must have known what was going to happen long before it did. Even if, say, he started looking around, making a couple of calls in early January when Dickov looked a broken man a good 2 and a half months have gone by without any indication of anyone really coming in. As has been said, 99% of any managerial rumors have come from this site, noone knows anything which is truly ridiculous given our situation. Does Corney even know what hes going to do? I cannot believe we're in the bottom four, managerless and absolutely nothing is leaking out about potential managers. We need someone in, anyone to give the club a boost, a fresh approach to the game with a bit of drive and passion about them to get the useless sods we've got on the pitch at the minute playing like they give half a :censored:

I read a lot but don't post very often.

From reading what I have, particularly on this thread I find midsblue as being the font of knowledge and agree totally with him as to why dowie has not agreed to take the reigns, and rightly so if what has been put forward as terms of a contract are correct.

I also read in other posts that corney has little concern as to what happens this season as he is looking for out.

What I don't understand is why? Surely anyone trying to offload any business would want to to attain a maximum price and in football terms, being In a lower division would massively affect the amount possible.

If only Corney ( on Dowie's behalf ) or Dowie himself would officially rule himself out then we could all 100% move on from hoping for the appointment of the favoured one.......

The fact that neither one has, would suggest there's some truth in the rumours but the longer it drags on, the more to the detriment of everyone associated with the football club. As a result of dragging this on, the unthinkable becomes more likely and consequently imo the Dowie appointment becomes more and more less likely.

We were rudderless both on and off the pitch today and if we don't have a new manager in place before Tuesday's game then for me, we are league 1 history.

He was and he has..how many times to I have to say it?!

I agree. We need to move on but where? Someone needs to ask Corney what his plans are for this season and, more importantly, next season.

Offering a manager position until the end of the season means only one thing. He doesn't know what's to happen next season and this is more than what division we'd be in. Stinks of him sorting his exit plan hence why he's in New York quite a lot lately.

How do you know?

I'm not saying you're lying but y'no i'm not going to trust what i read on here, oafc_fan has put me off that to be quite honest.

If you revealed your mystery source, then maybe i might believe it but i'm still questioning at the moment.

I have sent SC an email outlining in polite and eloquent terms to the benefits of building on our cup run in business terms and in appointing Dowie as Manager.

Above all, I simply asked him to come out and outline his and the boards' plans for the foreseeable so as to put all parties concerned at ease and know where we stand, be it selling up, whatever.

I won't hold my breath although he is a decent bloke so i'll wait and see on a response.

I am hoping the club will go back in for him. It could happen i am hearing from others.

Everything has been pointing to him non stop, since Dowie name was mention the first time out.

Quality

Edited by longtimeblue

Length of contract by sounds of it - security for him and commitment by the club in respect of faith in him and time to allow him to deliver what he wants to achieve

Cash would obviously be a factor because of what he earns currently but also funds for achieving his goal. Realistic funds and not what was available when he was last here under Moore.

As I said before, he doesn't think it unrealistic to see Oldham in the Championship or very least a mainstay in the play-off position each season.

So is it cash or length of contract that is putting him off?

Or ambitions of the club? Didn't he say he wanted to see the clubs plans for the future and budgets etc Edited by 4froale

Length of contract by sounds of it - security for him and commitment by the club in respect of faith in him and time to allow him to deliver what he wants to achieve

Cash would obviously be a factor because of what he earns currently but also funds for achieving his goal. Realistic funds and not what was available when he was last here under Moore.

As I said before, he doesn't think it unrealistic to see Oldham in the Championship or very least a mainstay in the play-off position each season.

Ok, so we're a million miles apart in terms of salary and ambition levels, does he still think a Championship club would take a punt on him?

It would be laughable how many seem prepared to listen to mids blue and his acolyte oafc fan on here were the situation not so serious. The pair of them know as much about Dowie, and what is going on at BP, as a corner flag.

It would be laughable how many seem prepared to listen to mids blue and his acolyte oafc fan on here were the situation not so serious. The pair of them know as much about Dowie, and what is going on at BP, as a corner flag.

If you don't believe me then fine mate.

I'm concerned that people think he's coming back when I know he's not. However whether Dowie is coming back or not is irrelevant. What concerns me more is that only a contract until the end of the season was offered and turned down. Why the short-term approach?

If you don't believe me then fine mate.

I'm concerned that people think he's coming back when I know he's not. However whether Dowie is coming back or not is irrelevant. What concerns me more is that only a contract until the end of the season was offered and turned down. Why the short-term approach?

Well it shows what a shamble the club is, its time the Club make this deal happened why the short term deal, it makes no sense.

Obvious to anyone with a brain that Dowie is the only man in the frame, he wants security of a long term contract and the owners won't offer anything beyond this season until league status is known.

What difference does it make, if we go down then if Dowie nis the only one in the frame, then he would be the manager to get us back up immediately. If he keeps us up, then all the better. I believe Midsblue, but todays outcome may have prompted SC to cave in and change the offer to Dowie.

TP's interview seems to imply that someone else will be in chage on Tuesday. Lets hope so because I think some of the players aren't playing for him because they know he's only temporary.

What difference does it make, if we go down then if Dowie nis the only one in the frame, then he would be the manager to get us back up immediately. If he keeps us up, then all the better. I believe Midsblue, but todays outcome may have prompted SC to cave in and change the offer to Dowie.

TP's interview seems to imply that someone else will be in chage on Tuesday. Lets hope so because I think some of the players aren't playing for him because they know he's only temporary.

As I keep saying, loan players and players coming out of contracts...most probably not playing for Latics next season...will not not get the team out of the position it is in. The whole bubble of enthusiasm created by the cup-run has now well and truly burst. No more TV 'shop window' appearances and a total lack of drive/confidence now permeates the squad.

Corney is fast becoming to Latics what Nero was to Rome. He states that relegation would be a disaster and that he will leave the club if it happens, yet he appears to be sitting tight and refusing to commit to any long-term appointment of a manager. Of course, the "leaving" statement could just be rhetoric, aimed at attempting to motivate the players. If so, then it has failed, but why-oh-why does everything have to seemingly be such a f***ing debacle with Oldham Athletic?

It's League Two next season and whatever team we have out, it will not walk the league because there are some good teams in that division.

As I keep saying, loan players and players coming out of contracts...most probably not playing for Latics next season...will not not get the team out of the position it is in. The whole bubble of enthusiasm created by the cup-run has now well and truly burst. No more TV 'shop window' appearances and a total lack of drive/confidence now permeates the squad.

Corney is fast becoming to Latics what Nero was to Rome. He states that relegation would be a disaster and that he will leave the club if it happens, yet he appears to be sitting tight and refusing to commit to any long-term appointment of a manager. Of course, the "leaving" statement could just be rhetoric, aimed at attempting to motivate the players. If so, then it has failed, but why-oh-why does everything have to seemingly be such a f***ing debacle with Oldham Athletic?

It's League Two next season and whatever team we have out, it will not walk the league because there are some good teams in that division.

Is he leaving any way, and taking the cup money with him. Do the players sense this? I am looking for a reason why nothing is being done.Its as if he is trying to make relegation his scapegoat to leave.

Is he leaving any way, and taking the cup money with him. Do the players sense this? I am looking for a reason why nothing is being done.Its as if he is trying to make relegation his scapegoat to leave.

I don't know if it is quite as simple as leaving with the money, because of the involvement of other parties...I have no idea how the financial side of the club is set-up...but I can understand that sentiment. The whole affair is baffling, as other clubs have lost and replaced managers, whilst Corney, apparently, dithers on a decision. It begs the question, does Corney trust his own judgement and is he having a crisis of confidence himself?

If Corney is going to cave and give Dowie what he wants its gotta be before Tuesday. Tuesday is our biggest game of the season (until next Saturday) and losing it would mean we are well and truly down. For me its, get a manager in today/tomorrow latest or we'll have another abject load of :censored:e tuesday and down we go

I completely disagree with that part, though everything else I agree with.

Its nothing to do with the fact TP is temporary, they played for him for the first 3 games. It all to do with [some] of the players lack of professionalism.

You can see why TP does not want the job FT, too frustrating!