Dowie deal almost done

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a religious lesson here? It took the largely elderly cardinals to choose the leader of over one billion people. It's taken our leader 10 weeks to totally screw up the club once and for all. He sacks the staff then embarks on a :censored:ty make-do-and-mend policy which still leaves us rudderless. He's clearly penny pinching. Now the captain's gone.

SC certainly wouldn't have sanctioned the building of St. Peter's in Rome. Can you imagine - 'oh no, let's leave the dome for now, and the tomb of St. Peter, after all he's dead and he can't generate an extra stream of income. No. we'll just build a shed, for now. Oh, and we'll get a labourer to build it. No need for a carpenter. After all, Jesus trained as a carpenter, but he didn't carry on with his trade - what a waste of money.

Is it any wonder Jesus got fed up and created his own religion?

By the way, reason 11 for Carra - his initals = JC. Now that seals it, surely?

Oafc_fan is talking absolute bollocks. I've asked him who is source is - even asked him to PM me - but his silence is deafening.

What made me chuckle was his comment that the main people (I'm assuming OAFC officials) were with Dowie's family last night. Tantalising post oafc_fan but I'm afraid Dowie wasn't with his family last night but was away on business. I know where he was but do you....?

By the way, the betting is back up and TP is evens, Kuqi is 2/1 and ID is just odds on....basically nobody has a clue and the market will fluctuate even through someone placing a tender because the market is so small.

Current position, regardless of what other posters say, is that there is no truth in the rumours...and that's from the man himself last night! If you want to know why, Prozac hit the nail on the head at 10.53am.

Was getting slightly optimistic last night when I heard Dowie may return, but when I read club officials were talking with Dowie's family I knew it was BS. This isn't a 14.year old kid signing his first youth contract we're talking about, discussions with Dowie and his agent I could understand, sitting down with his family I don't know but I'm sure ID would make his own decision and then chat it overcwith his family himself

Is there a religious lesson here? It took the largely elderly cardinals to choose the leader of over one billion people. It's taken our leader 10 weeks to totally screw up the club once and for all. He sacks the staff then embarks on a :censored:ty make-do-and-mend policy which still leaves us rudderless. He's clearly penny pinching. Now the captain's gone.

SC certainly wouldn't have sanctioned the building of St. Peter's in Rome. Can you imagine - 'oh no, let's leave the dome for now, and the tomb of St. Peter, after all he's dead and he can't generate an extra stream of income. No. we'll just build a shed, for now. Oh, and we'll get a labourer to build it. No need for a carpenter. After all, Jesus trained as a carpenter, but he didn't carry on with his trade - what a waste of money.

Is it any wonder Jesus got fed up and created his own religion?

By the way, reason 11 for Carra - his initals = JC. Now that seals it, surely?

SC may be searching for a manager called Francis.

The club meet the family, and Iain Dowie was not there because he was on sky.

You can just imagine the conversation.

SC et al: Now then Mrs D, we're here to offer your Iain the job at BP

Mrs D: He's not here sunshine, he's reporting for Sky

SC: Really, what the feck's he doing there?

Mrs D: He works for them as a reporter/pundit

SC: Bloody hell, does he? That's it then, we don't want him. Now then, how about you, young Oliver. Do you want the job.

OD: Don't be daft, I'm still at school.

SC: I'll bugger off then and look for someone else. I wonder what Dave Penney's up to these days?

And that, dear reader is about as believable as the post in red. Absolute bollocks.

Edited by Bristolatic

You can just imagine the conversation.

SC et al: Now then Mrs D, we're here to offer your Iain the job at BP

Mrs D: He's not here sunshine, he's reporting for Sky

SC: Really, what the feck's he doing there?

Mrs D: He works for them as a reporter/pundit

SC: Bloody hell, does he? That's it then, we don't want him. Now then, how about you, young Oliver. Do you want the job.

OD: Don't be daft, I'm still at school.

SC: I'll bugger off then and look for someone else. I wonder what Dave Penney's up to these days?

And that, dear reader is about as believable as the post in red. Absolute bollocks.

Ticky pip