Not getting carried away

9 more cup finals.

And hopefully the novelty will not wear off.

But that win feels so good.

It seems an age since we dominated a team.

There's a positivity in the air.

Long may it continue, and I am not now baffled by the decision.

Cautiously really hopeful we are about to turn a corner.

Well done boys at last we were clinical!

can i just add.. i thought korey smith absolutely ran the show tonight and looks a proper footballer... if that's tge kind of player johno wants in im a happy latic... good work rate tonight too, hope its not a novelty

Too many times this season we've had results like this and the players have got complacent, and the next game it's been business as usual. Johnson's main task now is to prevent that happening.

This was different.

It wasn't just the new manager effect, they were visibly doing the things he said he'd have them doing - spinning defenders, high tempo, attacking with pace.

And they mixed it up with the odd long ball which sounds so simplistic but seemed to make us a lot less predictable.

Gutted I can't make Shrewsbury

This was different.

It wasn't just the new manager effect, they were visibly doing the things he said he'd have them doing - spinning defenders, high tempo, attacking with pace.

And they mixed it up with the odd long ball which sounds so simplistic but seemed to make us a lot less predictable.

Gutted I can't make Shrewsbury

That's encouraging to hear.

Anybody want Furman back as a straight swap for Korey Smith? Man of match for me, sat back when he had to, got forward lots of times and looked to have time on the ball. If that is the sort of player the new manager wants in it looks like things could be looking up.

Gotta tighten up at the back though. Pools had about 3 or 4 clear cut chances. A better side would have punished us.

However, we rode our luck and took our chances. A well deserved win.

Jesus, it was cold though!!!

Think it's going to be a case of a "we'll score more goals than you" mentality.

How did he set the team out ?

standard 4 at the back with Smith playing a Stephens type ball playing role and Weso all action (loads of forward bursts)

Baxter, Croft and Simmo behind Barnard.

Extremely fluid (esp. 1st half) and looked to get it down and quick sharp passing.

Barnard was outstanding and is the one who "did a job" for LJ - ran all night, stretched the defense which lead directly to their ragged looking back line.

WELL DONE LEE - definitely put your words at the meeting into practice.

#keepthefaith

Edited by eyres_28

We were very good! Pressing high up the pitch in numbers was the best thing for me but we've got much harder tests to come, Hartlepool were awful. Roll on Saturday

This is spot on.

Good start for the new manager, and encouraging signs of pressing in the right areas with Wes and the midfield pushing on. Has to be said though, Hartlepool were awful and as a first test a young manager must dream if teams that pass it right back to you...

We were very good! Pressing high up the pitch in numbers was the best thing for me but we've got much harder tests to come, Hartlepool were awful. Roll on Saturday

This is spot on.

Good start for the new manager, and encouraging signs of pressing in the right areas with Wes and the midfield pushing on. Has to be said though, Hartlepool were awful and as a first test a young manager must dream if teams that pass it right back to you...

THis for me too.

We are still jittery at the back, and better teams would have punished us. And thanks to a Worldy from Bouzanis,

But we know that this is being addressed, very reassuring

We are still jittery at the back, and better teams would have punished us...

But we know that this is being addressed, very reassuring

That's the point, from what we've heard of LJ's thoroughness, we can rest assured that the shortcomings will be addressed immediately. The Rome Mill wasn't built in a day but it was built to last.

Last night was a bench mark for the rest of the season. As Wes said on the OS, they had freedom and felt that the shackles came off. We need to win at least 6 more games to be absolutely sure of survival. Then next season have a real good go at it. I feel that with LJ in charge we could spring a surprise or two next season!