Is it only me....?

It might be only me...

But does anyone else feel queasy when any manager, particularly one of ours, says "the lads really worked their socks off" as features in the latest written account of an interview with LJ on LaticsWorld. God how I hate that particular football saying.

Second only to Dick*v saying "the lads did ever so well" (but were beaten again) and "the lads tried ever so hard" (but were beaten again). Grrrr!

Right, so it is only me then.

One thing that impressed me about LJ's initial interview was that he claimed that he always gives 100%.

Not 110%.

Because you can't :censored:ing put in 110%. That's more than everything so it doesn't make any :censored:ing sense. It's a :censored:ing stupid thing to say. It's not funny. It's not clever. You got that, Shearer?

It might be only me...

But does anyone else feel queasy when any manager, particularly one of ours, says "the lads really worked their socks off" as features in the latest written account of an interview with LJ on LaticsWorld. God how I hate that particular football saying.

Second only to D*ckov saying "the lads did ever so well" (but were beaten again) and "the lads tried ever so hard" (but were beaten again). Grrrr!

Right, so it is only me then.

FTFY

One thing that impressed me about LJ's initial interview was that he claimed that he always gives 100%.

Not 110%.

Because you can't :censored:ing put in 110%. That's more than everything so it doesn't make any :censored:ing sense. It's a :censored:ing stupid thing to say. It's not funny. It's not clever. You got that, Shearer?

Generally nothing wrong with 110%, it just means a 10% increase, it just needs to be qualified.

"The lads gave 110% effort compared to Saturday"

"The lads gave 110%" Sheareresque nonsense.