New Stand - Planning Committee Agenda - Latics 603 NIMBY 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one NIMBY, who is concerned about noise nuisance from the proposed retail units.

Recommended approval subject to conditions, but it's not over 'til the final whistle is blown after the Planning Committee members have voted.

http://committees.ol...ham OL1 2PB.pdf

Your a good man Diego for posting this, thanks very much.

Only one NIMBY, who is concerned about noise nuisance from the proposed retail units.

Recommended approval subject to conditions, but it's not over 'til the final whistle is blown after the Planning Committee members have voted.

http://committees.ol...ham OL1 2PB.pdf

Fair Play - Can understand worries about noise pollution, but i'm sure they'll be re-assured that it will be no more so than now.

This will go through, no doubt!

Hopefully it will go ahead without any problems, however, didn't Simon Corney say that it will be slightly bigger than the original plan?

If memory serves me right the capacity and stand in the application is the original plan and so the increase in capacity has not materialised.

Less than 2,300 fans :thumbsdown:

I am deeply disapointed with the size of this stand and I think in just a few years this will be considered an opportunity missed. Having said that I can not see a problem with getting it approved by the council.

I am deeply disapointed with the size of this stand and I think in just a few years this will be considered an opportunity missed.

We couldn't even sell at Everton at home without those extra seats.

The "opportunity" you refer to doesn't exist.

2,328 seats is ample. It's the other facilities that will hopefully make a difference.

Edited by opinions4u

I am deeply disapointed with the size of this stand and I think in just a few years this will be considered an opportunity missed. Having said that I can not see a problem with getting it approved by the council.

Why does anyone think we are in a better position to build extra capacity now, when we have little money Vs doing so at future date when IF we are selling out, we would be in a much better position to do so.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Why does anyone think we are in a better position to build extra capacity now, when we have little money Vs doing so at future date when IF we are selling out, we would be in a much better position to do so.

The idea wasn't just to build one new stand anyway, it was to gradually replace all 4 over a period of time. If (and it's a big if) we do become successful on the pitch and actually get promoted there would be nothing to say we couldn't continue that plan if necessary and submit a new planning application to replace the chaddy or main stand. I think an extra 2300 seats more than covers our needs. this isn't about increasing the capacity of the ground, it's about increasing the clubs revenue.

If this new stand ever see's the light of day the main stand will surely be bulldozed. Back to three sides for another 7/8 years!!

Do the plans for the new stand have all the match day facilities of the main stand in them, changing rooms, tunnel etc?

If this new stand ever see's the light of day the main stand will surely be bulldozed. Back to three sides for another 7/8 years!!

On the bright side, at least you'll be able to watch the game if you have one of those houses opposite.

If the Councillors have read their Agenda and the Report on the Planning Application, there should be no reason to defer consideration and the decision should be made on Wednesday.

Deferred it is then. :coffee1: