Sod Pretty Football!

Get smith and iwalumu up front with Baxter just behind picking up the second balls and play long ball

Pitches aren't up to playing pretty football at this stage of the season

I think LJ realised this with his substitutions at half time

This is the only way u can see us surviving!!

No, we need to play people who can finish a chance.

Defenders would love to play against 2 guys who can't run and can't finish. You have to be dimensional.

I'd argue in the second half today we were less direct and we played better as players like Kirk Millar ran at their defence instead of just whacking up top to Simpson's head. Resorting to hoofball is always the last option, we've lost 1 out of the last 4.

Edited by NewBlue

Get smith and iwalumu up front with Baxter just behind picking up the second balls and play long ball

Smith and Iwalumu? :) :) :) :)

League 2 here we come

Edited by Ritchierich

Why is there such a hang up about pace!!!??

Them 2 up front will bring Baxter more into the game which is what we need!!

Our only quality player on the ball in the last third if the pitch,not in his own half!!

As the second half proved today!!

It has to be a mix and that is why Smith up front improved matters. It was easy for them until he came on. However I agree that most of time we should try to play the passing game but when the opportunity to cross arises please give Smith a chance to head it.

I'll hazzard a guess that if we rely on knocking it long to a couple of big men up front we'd create even less chances as we'd get overrun in midfield and never have the ball

On the other hand, I was discussing yesterday that I believe this season we're seeing teams taking advantage of those who are trying to copy the Barcelona/Spain model, there are times when we need to be putting crosses into into the box rather than trying to thread a through ball through a gap in the oppositions defensive line

Edited by Tommy_Fent

You thought yesterday was pretty?

If we played Iwelumo and Smith together teams would try and press us high up the pitch safe in the knowledge that if we knocked one over the top smith and iwelumo wouldn't win a foot race against too many centre half in this divison. Because of that we would play 10 yards deeper than we do already.

Its not the fact that it wouldn't be pretty more to do with the fact that it wouldn't be effective.

The reason we lost yesetrday was a lack of width I lost count of the times we had the ball in midfield or when one of the defenders had it and they were looking for a wide ball or an out ball just to stretch the play and use the whole of the pitch. Because we were so compact we never got behind them and the carlisle centre halfs nver got turned.

I don't want to see us play that narrow again.

get smith up top with barnard, and get two wingers on (preferably one being croft) baxter in just behind the front two. this is the way forward imo. drop korey smith back in place of brown and mellor in the middle.

bouzey

smith tarky mvoto grounds

croft wes mellor

baxter

barnard smith

Edited by philliggi

get smith up top with barnard, and get two wingers on (preferably one being croft) baxter in just behind the front two. this is the way forward imo. drop korey smith back in place of brown and mellor in the middle.

bouzey

smith tarky mvoto grounds

croft wes mellor

baxter

barnard smith

2 wingers with Baxter behind a front 2 but Mellor in the middle, doesn't work unless we play 3 at the back, or drop Wes.

Edited by rudemedic

Personally wes can go for me in summer he offers very little, he is only in there because there is no one else. that formation would work quite well imo, with croft and mellor sitting narrow, when we dont have possession, and finding the wings when we take control, giving options. Croft is really good at this, i see no reason why mellor cant be as well

Sorry lads but Montano hasn't impressed me since Crewe away.

I know he has been injured and possibly needs a chance to prove himself again, but he doesnt strike me as being a one hundred percenter when we really need them.

Agreed with the exception of Scunthorpe away when he started brilliantly. I think we'd have been a lot better off this season had he not got crocked in that game (for starters I'd think we'd have a three point swing as we'd have beaten them at GP).

Hopefully with a close season under his belt he'll come back raring to go.

#AnyoneButIwelumo