Team for tonight

So hard for the manager as if he fields youth in a dog fight and we lose he will get slatted but it will show a lot of character from him or does he stick with the tried and frankly failed methods of players who have let the club down

I think we will see a mixture of the two, id also start Cisak in goal

So hard for the manager as if he fields youth in a dog fight and we lose he will get slatted but it will show a lot of character from him or does he stick with the tried and frankly failed methods of players who have let the club down

I think we will see a mixture of the two, id also start Cisak in goal

Id put Cisak in goal also, nothing against Bouzy but that howler against Colchester and a couple of positional mistakes have cost us. Tough one cause he has potential but I think he may have the jitters, we have some big games comming up.

Cisak has dropped more than his share of clangers this season - as boozy played well at swindon by all accounts id leave him in.

Personally if this had been a week after Carlilse id have been tempeted to go 352 at it just suits us so much more. We can flood the midfield, give baxter licence to roam have smith on to hold the ball while having barnard to hopefully finish things off. K Smith and Grounds/Mellor more than capable of playing wing backs....

Anyway it will probably end up being 442 a we started last week. If Croft is fit id put him RW and if Monty is fit enough give him a run. Forwards Barnard and Baxter but we struggle to retain the ball if we do that... .aggghgh

can we name 12 players to start?

With Bury arguably being much more important than tonight I wonder if LJ would you risk resting Baxter so he doesn't get booked? Or does he go for the win tonight so the Bury game is slightly easier and it would be easier to do without Jose then?

With Bury arguably being much more important than tonight I wonder if LJ would you risk resting Baxter so he doesn't get booked? Or does he go for the win tonight so the Bury game is slightly easier and it would be easier to do without Jose then?

We dont have the luxury of resting our best player tonight and what would it say to the rest of the team, sorry lads but I dont trust you lot to beat Bury a team who are all but relegated without this certain player in our side

I would be telling the lads that they are good enough to win tonight and show them a dvd of when we played them off the park and battered them 3-1 early in the season. Whilst some of these lot need a rocket up there arse I think the likes of Simpson might need an arm around him and tell him he is the best (even though he isnt) and that he can win games for us at this level. Its all about knowing each personality which as fans we dont but those within the camp should do.

I thought Mellor did really well in centre midfield on Saturday. I wouldn't put him wide left as he doesn't have the pace for that position. Reid and Millar give us the pace needed especially if we are playing the majority of the game on the counter attack which I think is likely.

I'd go:

Bouzanis

K.Smith, Tarky, M'Voto, Grounds

Mellor

Wes, Baxter, Reid

M.SMith, Barnard

Relies on K.Smith and Grounds having greyhound lungs though, Mellor covering when one goes walk about. Mellor can step in to the middle as well allowing Baxter a bit of freedom behind the front two. Pretty much how we set up in second half saturday really.

Edited by chaddyblue

I'm all for giving Mellor a chance but unless his fitness has drastically improved since playing against Coventry then I'd put him in a position that doesn't rely on his ability to get around the pitch.

I like the idea of Korey Smith going to right back and possibly bringing Byrne back in.

As for midfield and attack, after Saturday I have no idea.

The team that started the second half against Carlisle.

This for me.

You are as good as your last game in the football world and those who went off at HT against Carlisle were not good enough.

We were 10 times better 2nd half so start it like that.

I'm all for giving Mellor a chance but unless his fitness has drastically improved since playing against Coventry then I'd put him in a position that doesn't rely on his ability to get around the pitch.

I like the idea of Korey Smith going to right back and possibly bringing Byrne back in.

As for midfield and attack, after Saturday I have no idea.

LJ said in his Monday press thingy that since he spoke to Mellor bout his fitness that he's lost some weight

I'm not sure about Cisak, I think a couple of Bouzy errors points to jitteryness, but to be fair Bouzy has earned his place.

IIRC Cisak slipped up last time he stepped in, maybeneeding a couple of games to settle (which we cannot afford)

Also Cisaks head maybe on the plane already!

Alex Cisak@alexcisak Protected account 15h

Get me home #australia #tasmania #wineglassbay #beach #beauty http://instagram.com/p/X3NMHIsM-c/