WE WILL NOT GO DOWN

First of all I thought our away support was brilliant again tonight. The Preston Directors commented on the noise that was made.

I know fans are feeling pretty low at the moment and the same frrustrations are felt throughout the club.

I thought we were in for a 0-0 draw and could have snatched it with a little bit of luck. Giving away a stupid penalty was not fair overall to the teams efforts.

As hard as it is we have to remain positive but I truly believe we will stay up because I think that Scunthorpe are a worse team than us.

We need to take a massive following to Bury and cheer the team on. Negativity will get us nowhere.

Every game in now a cup tie and if that does not sink inhto the players nothing will.

Lee Johnson is doing everything in his power to turn things around but I think some fans forget that we were 36 games into the season when he arrived and cannot be

blamed for our current plight.

He is also working individually with some of the younger players whose confidence has taken a massive knock this season for one reason or another.

We are all in this together and need to show fighting spirit to the end.

Keep the Faith

Barry

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negativity?

The players are the one's who seem to be most negative. Heads went down so quickly and there seemed to be a lack of belief even though our travelling support was fantastic.

Our pessimism is understandable when you see the players with such a frail mentality.

I agree with what you say and believe it or not I do not think some of our players have the mental strength to cope with home games when the going gets tough and the fans get edgy with them.(which is not uncommon at any ground)

At the moment it might sound daft but I think we are better off playing away. Whatever the faults tonight and there were plenty of them, there was a lot of commitment whilst the players remained fit to compete.

You will remember that the manager has commented recently about the ability of the team to play out 90 minutes and this is becoming evident as the games pass.

Barry

Ryan . I have not suggested anyone has on this site but I have received quite a number of personal messages that the appointment was wrong, some of them received tonight.

I have merely pointed out that he was given the last ten games to make good and will continue to do his best. Quite honestly he is like a breath of fresh air, a man who cares a great deal about players, in particular the younger ones who need guidance and help both on and off the field.

Barry

I have merely pointed out that he was given the last ten games to make good and will continue to do his best.

...and next season too I trust Barry.

Nobody's blaming LJ.

It's the players who have let us, the club, Simon Corney and Paul Dickov down. The quicker the majority of ths bunch are gone the better......

...I just hope LJ is backed in the summer to rebuild, deliver the attacking attractive football he promised along with the 3 goals a game OAFC are to score to boot!

We could lose every game between now and the end of the season and i wouldnt blame lj. its quite evident the players need to shoulder a very large percentage of blame as they quite clearly wont do it, and thats under 3 different managers now. not all players are at fault but some need to question what they are in football for.

im looking forward to summer, weather we go down or not, as we can see the back of some of this utter shower and get players in who want to play for the shirt. i could accept it if we were where we are because we lack the quality, but we quite clearly dont we have a team good enough for the top half. mentally and passion though, we are destined for the drop.

After that fantastic draw away to Swindon, Folk would be well within their rights to expect the same or better at Preston would they not?

First half I could only see us winning but the second half goes without saying, Dire and not in keeping with a team of players fighting for the clubs life

Living in Heysham I am isolated from the club I love but can now fully understand some of the comments on here and left Deepdale tonight heartbroken at what I had seen.

Didnt go tonight but by all accounts sounds like a game of two halves. Fact they scored there 2nd as a result that are keeper was up in the box trying to help us grab a point is encouraging but worrying at how quick there heads seemed to have dropped after Preston scored.

As mentioned Johnson has got my backing not his faulty he inherited this squad of players, still think we can beat Bury and sure when we play Yeovil fact its father versus Son and all the extra media attention he will be desperate to win this one. Agree about Scunthorpe and looking at the table now how vital that comeback and point we got there could prove to be.

First of all I thought our away support was brilliant again tonight. The Preston Directors commented on the noise that was made.

I know fans are feeling pretty low at the moment and the same frrustrations are felt throughout the club.

I thought we were in for a 0-0 draw and could have snatched it with a little bit of luck. Giving away a stupid penalty was not fair overall to the teams efforts.

As hard as it is we have to remain positive but I truly believe we will stay up because I think that Scunthorpe are a worse team than us.

We need to take a massive following to Bury and cheer the team on. Negativity will get us nowhere.

Every game in now a cup tie and if that does not sink inhto the players nothing will.

Lee Johnson is doing everything in his power to turn things around but I think some fans forget that we were 36 games into the season when he arrived and cannot be

He is also working individually with some of the younger players whose confidence has taken a massive knock this season for one reason or another.

We are all in this together and need to show fighting spirit to the end.

Keep the Faith

Barry

:laught30:

Well said Barry, I think lj is the business and will go on to manage bigger teams and very well I imagine. We need to be glad he is here. Lets hope we can put some money into building the facilities he needs and not relying on his fining system. Maybe playershare should fund the coaching equipment upgrades?

I look forward to him bringing attractive football an hopefully the team can gain confidence to see a result out. I thought we had a good go at Preston and you can see the penalty has changed everything. I am sure Johnson will name himself a new captain next season but we need a big personality out there to rally them if we concede. I'm not convinced weso is the man and would prefer a gobby scouser to be the one keepin spirits up.

I appreciate your diplomacy in the way you describe the home support sometimes. Despite the fact I would describe a small proportion as being out of order. They expect a player (who they see as well over and passionless) to be able to play better after being boo'd or heckled. They complain if lack of confidence but don't help to build it. I appreciate though that despite the product on offer at Bp this season, that the numbers at the turnstiles haven't been terrible.

I know LJ is the right man, he has inherited a problem and I believe he will work tirelessly to do all he can.

KTF

Edited by adrianpshaw

I'm sure that LJ is the man for the job and I hope to God that he steers us clear of relegation. However, although the players have let the club and themselves down time and time again, let's not forget that Dickov should've been sacked at least a month before the Liverpool game & a replacement found with enough time to make a serious impact in the transfer market. The inertia of December-January was enough to convince me that we'd be in a relegation battle and here we are. Please don't let that happen to our club again Barry.

Well said Barry, as difficult as it is, we need to be positive. We hit the post, had a goal disallowed, but people are only seeing the negatives. On Saturday we made at least 3 quality goalscoring opportunities apart from the goal and lost to 2 fantastic finishes, on another day our play over 90 minutes could easily have given us a 4 -0 win.

Chins up guys and gals, lets get to Bury en masse and sing ourselves silly.

Don't fret too much about Jose, back in the day we won the odd game without Stitch in the team.

Good posts Barry, however for years now we have had same old 'we're better off playing away'. I'm sorry but I don't buy it. Where was the problem in the games we have won. Hartlepool was such an important game and the lads delivered. I think it's just an excuse.

I hope the team doesn't feel that we won't go down, because I think we had been feeling a bit of false security in that a) we're too good to go down, especially after the FA Cup games and b ) that we have time. You only have to look at 1994 to disprove this. The club perhaps should adopt a view of 'we are going down until proven otherwise'!!

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I think that actually some players are confident they wont go down because they think they are better than they are.

Another defeat and its the same old story... We dont create enouch chances 2 good chances a half isnt enough.... Preston score and then its pretty much game over except for the keeper going up that was basically a 1 nil loss.. How many is that this season 8-9??

This is going down to the wire one fluke win for either us of Scunthorpe and its game over for the other team fighting against the drop. So much has gone wrong this season.. We should have let Dickov go at Christmas, taking an age to get LJ appointed. Not having enough striking options in the team at the start, no pace in the side etc etc... But even so on paper this team should be mid table.. If the pennny hasnt dropped by now its not going to...

We were the better side last night for the 1st 45 because of effort not quality it wasnt great but we were holding our own and looking comfortable....If we cant sustain the effort for 90 minutes as LJ has said more than once how can we expect to win games. Yes it is negative but i really am fearing the worst.. We threw away a valuable point last night because there was nothing betweeen the sides.

Edited by bluehobbit

I'm sick of the fans being labelled as 'moaners' 'the worst in the league' 'the worst they've come across' - Latics fans are no worse than any other clubs fans that have failed to win more than 2/3 of their home games over the last 5 years, failing to score in more than a third of those games.

As others have said there's never a problem playing at home when we beat PNE, Orient, Shrews, Donny, Liverpool, MK, Pompey, Hartlepool - no let's create a :censored: excuse blame everyone else apart from our abject performances.

Maybe if its so difficult to play at home I'll stick to away games only next season and you can stick my season ticket money....

Edited by oafcprozac

Last season it was small crowds that was bothering the players around New Year. We went to MK who get double our attendance and lost 5-0.

The excuse that day? We had to travel on the day when the players wanted to stay over. Always excuses.

Out of interest, who do you think should be blamed for our current plight?