LJ and Next Seasons Expectations

I know this isn't quite over yet but we're safe now and LJ can now fully get his plans for this club into action.

What are your expectations for next season with LJ in charge? Promotion? Relegation? Something in between?

I know this isn't quite over yet but we're safe now and LJ can now fully get his plans for this club into action.

What are your expectations for next season with LJ in charge? Promotion? Relegation? Something in between?

I'll be happy if we see some good football and flirt with promotion for a few months

Some decent football and mid table 10th-14th will be totally fine by me. Maybe a run of sorts in a cup, although wouldn't expect us to have one, would be nice. JPT final and a chance at getting to Wembley? With the new stand coming in, some good attractive football to bring a few more fans in will be massive. Once the fan base starts to increase I think the extra revenue and buzz around the club, with the new stand, might make pushing for playoffs more likely the season after

I think we need to get a 'proper' captain - a vocal leader who wont pussyfoot around and will bollock people who need bollocking - someone who will be johnsons voice on the pitch.

We have been short of this for ages - too many quiet mice types - i want tough! When the chips are down he can drag everyone along.

Hopefully lj has someone in mind from his travels cos we dont have anyone already at the club.

I am confident in LJ and the team for next season will be better than this season.

to be fair to all current players I am willing to give them another chance as if LJ keeps them I am sure he knows what hes doing.

I will be happy next season if we make BP a hard place to get any points for away teams.mid table/near play offs for me.

Id be delighted with a mid tabled finish. Hoping that LDJ gets rid of the majority of the gutless bunch we have now and brings in hard working, willing to get stuck in type of players.

That'll do me

So Korey Smith would be up there for you? He gave it his all today and kept encouraging Brown and Belezika.

Id be delighted with a mid tabled finish. Hoping that LDJ gets rid of the majority of the gutless bunch we have now and brings in hard working, willing to get stuck in type of players.

Everyone keeps saying lets get rid of this 'gutless bunch of losers' but when it comes to it can't identify who they want rid of...apart from defaulting to Simpson who Johnson clearly rates anyhow.

]

Edited by dannyboy55555

When you see how quickly Yeovil, Orient, Walsall and Tranmere have gone from a season of struggle to playoff/promotion contenders it would see foolish to limit our ambitions to just being mid table. The right manager can make a huge difference at this level. It's far from certain that Johnson is the right manager but there are promising signs.

He has a great opportunity to do what he wants with our squad with pretty much the whole of it out of contract. I would be happy with an overhaul but if we do I won't expect us to do much in the first half of the season, if we are mid table by January then the sky's the limit.

That'll do me

The gutless bunch who've just won 3 in a week for the first time in how long?

I don't think he will clear out regardless. I think most of us feel that most of the squad are better than they have shown - which ones have convinced him that they can show it consistently with him as boss? And which ones will face up to the way contracts are going when they have an offer put in front of them?

If he keeps them it's because he feels like he can get them playing how he wants them to. I wouldn't be averse to that.

Shrewsbury Tuesday could be a pointer, going for 4 on the bounce, the club is safe, a couple of new faces. Plan for the future?

That's not a great stat for PD, is it?

Nope.

But then TP lost three in a row (albeit tough games) and LJ failed to get them to deliver for the massive games against Colchester and Carlisle.

So management is tough. And I really can't explain some of the things I've seen this season. Good or bad.