Pukka's end of season awards

As is usual - awards are always given out just before the end of a season or year and so here are mine. (I have done every home game apart from Notts County and 12 away games , saturday will be unlucky 13)

Goal of the season - Matt Smith vs Everton, best no. Best feeling yes.

Player of the season - Jose Baxter

Game of the season - LATICS vs LIVERPOOL

Most improved player - Matt Smith

Moment of the season - Beating Liverpool

Best away trip - Forest. Special mention for sheff united away though.

Lowest point of the season - Bournemouth away. I remember being in a service station on the way home, wondering not for the first time "what the point was"

Biggest Villain - Andy Woolmer

Best player vs Latics - Matt Ritchie

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney for swindon

Best ground visited - Nottingham Forest

Best food - Kidderminster

Goal of the season - Jose Baxter v Leyton Orient

Player of the season - JYM

Game of the season - FA CUP Liverpool, League v Yeovil (H)

Most improved player - Tarky

Moment of the season - Smith's equalisers v Everton & Sheff United, final whistle v Liverpool

Best away trip - Crawley

Lowest point of the season - Notts County Away 83 of us, dreadful DOOMED!

Biggest Villain - Paul Dickov's mismanagement and criminal overlooking of Smith, Mellor etc….

Best player vs Latics - Stevee Gee……. ok in League One Williams for Yeovil and Ritchie Swindon, thought the young Centre-Half for Sheff Utd Maguire was excellent

Best goal vs Latics - Rooney Swindon

Best ground visited - Bramall Lane

Best food - Kiddy

Based on goals/games at and not on highlights:

Goal of the season - Simpson's first at Forest

Game of the season - Liverpool

Moment of the season - Smith's equaliser v Everton

Best away trip - Orient (in advance). Otherwise, Forest.

Lowest point of the season - Scunthorpe's second on NYD. Although we turned it around in the end when the goal went in I was completely exasperated.

Biggest Villain - Martin Skrtel

Best player vs Latics - Steven Gerrard

Best goal vs Latics - Coventry's late winner at the Ricoh

Best ground visited - Coventry

Best food - Crewe chippy by far!

Goal of the season - Baxter v Orient (quality), Smith v Everton, Yeovil and Bury (meaning), Wabara v Liverpool and Grounds v City (I'm counting it, deal with it) (combo)

Player of the season - Grounds

Game of the season - LATICS vs LIVERPOOL

Best away trip - Everton (only went to Bury as well- affects below too)

Lowest point of the season - Bournemouth home, the trudge back to the Clayton was horrible.

Biggest Villain - Clipboard man (opposition Sam Sodje, twice punching in the bollocks is as bad as biting) (Ref Oliver, missed a blatant handball and let Moyes get in his head)

Best player vs Latics - Mirallas (Gerrard wasn't on long enough); League Douglass (Brentford), honourable mention to Schumacher (Bury)

Best goal vs Latics - Mirallas (Suarez was lucky)

Best ground visited - Everton (but only as I had a good seat even after swapping to let an old lady see)

Best food - The Chilli I had in the pub at Bury (I don't do pies)

New Category (If you don't mind): 

Hero- Tony Philliskirk

Blimey Prozac, I know you're a fully paid-up member of his fan club, but Tarkowski most improved?

I've been his biggest critic in the past, but I believe he's mostly had a very good season for a young kid in a struggling team. The goals against column is testament to that. Smith's up there too obviously but he's always had that in his locker imho he just needed to man up. As for Tarky he's started to listen to his coaches and the elder pros around him. I thought he had two very good games against Everton too….

Goal of the season - Matt Smith (Everton)

Player of the season - Jonathan Grounds

Most improved player - Tarkowski

Best away trip - Fores/Everton.. Bury also good atmosphere

Lowest point of the season - Notts County Away

Biggest Villain - Paul Dickov

Best player vs Latics - Maguire (Sheff Utd)

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney (Swindon)

Best ground visited - Shrewsbury in advance, looks to be a very smart stadium

Best food - Evertons hot dog was huge, expensive though!

Goal of the season - Montano v Preston or Baxter at Forest

Player of the season - M'Voto

Best away trip - Forest, Portsmouth or Bury if only for the novelty of getting to the ground and not getting in, thus opening a slot of time for extra unexpected boozing...

Lowest point of the season - Bournemouth at home.

Biggest Villain - The ref v Sheffield United at home.

Best player vs Latics - Chris O'Grady!

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney (Swindon)

Best ground visited - City Ground, Forest.

Best food - Kidderminster...the best pies ever, football or otherwise, possibly only matched by the pies they do on Camden market.

Edited by JoeP

Goal of the season - Baxter FK vs Preston or Simmo v Forest

Player of the season - Jonathon Grounds

Game of the season - vs Liverpool

Best away trip - Forest, maybe even Bury given the importance of the game.

Lowest point of the season - Carlisle at home during HT I felt like crying, I had a genuine gut instinct we were going to go down.

Biggest Villain - Michael Oliver.

Best player vs Latics - That Carlisle keeper was a :censored: but outstanding all game.

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney vs Swindon away.

Best ground visited - The Ricoh or the City Ground.

Best food - The steak pies at both Everton and Tranmere were lovely!

Player of the season - Jean Yves Mvoto.

Game of the season - v Liverpool.

Most improved player - Kirk Millar.

Moment of the season - Matt Smith opening goal v Liverpool.

Lowest point of the season - When Carlisle went 2 up at BP.

Biggest Villain - Michael Oliver.

Best player vs Latics - Poleon when at Bury.

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney v Swindon away.

Edited by BP1960

Goal of the season - Matt Smith vs Everton for meaning, Derbyshire's 2nd Vs Donny for quality.

Game of the season - Liverpool was great, but Everton at home tops it for me.

Moment of the season - Robbie Simpson's header at Forest, absolutely mental!

Best away trip - Forest away for the 7 minutes of euphoria, but Pompey away was a close 2nd.

Lowest point of the season - Coventry's last minute goal at the Ricoh, gut-wrenching.

Biggest Villain - There's been a few bad refs but none more so than the ref at Pompey, mistaking Connor Brown for Cliff Byrne and completely losing the plot puts him top.

Best player vs Latics - Jagielka for Everton, at our level Paterson for Walsall.

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney for Swindon

Best ground visited - I found Coventry and Portsmouth interesting for different reasons but Forest wins it for me.

Best food - Kidderminster Cottage Pie, bought it at 2.25 only just finished it before kick off due to it's size. Never has the football had to make such an effort to top the quality of food!

Goal of the season - Matt Smith vs Everton for meaning, Derbyshire's 2nd Vs Donny for quality.

Game of the season - Liverpool was great, but Everton at home tops it for me.

Moment of the season - Robbie Simpson's header at Forest, absolutely mental!

Best away trip - Forest away for the 7 minutes of euphoria, but Pompey away was a close 2nd.

Lowest point of the season - Coventry's last minute goal at the Ricoh, gut-wrenching.

Biggest Villain - There's been a few bad refs but none more so than the ref at Pompey, mistaking Connor Brown for Cliff Byrne and completely losing the plot puts him top.

Best player vs Latics - Jagielka for Everton, at our level Paterson for Walsall.

Best goal vs Latics - Adam Rooney for Swindon

Best ground visited - I found Coventry and Portsmouth interesting for different reasons but Forest wins it for me.

Best food - Kidderminster Cottage Pie, bought it at 2.25 only just finished it before kick off due to it's size. Never has the football had to make such an effort to top the quality of food!

How people can say draw can top a win will always baffle me. It doesnt to me.

No a win everytime, Forest was the game of the season for me, Baxter player of the season, but the top award goes to ..........the Kidderminster cottage pie, it dont get any better.

Goal of the season - Derbyshire's 2nd vs. Doncaster in cup

Game of the season - Oldham 3-2 Liverpool

Most improved player - Big Jean (immense season - errors almost non-existent)

Moment of the season - Those 7 mins at Forest - sheer confused joy that is unlikely to ever be repeated

Best away trip - best day out / trip always seems to be Sheffield Utd - Mini Ale Trail with breakfast at Dewsbury and couple of great pints at the Sheffield Tap (pub of the year!)

Lowest point of the season - Baxter's yellow card at Preston - first time I really thought we were doomed

Biggest Villain - Whoever trashed the Crawley coach

Best player vs Latics - Steven Gerrard

Best goal vs Latics - Carlisle's left backs lob t'other week

Best ground visited - Forest

Best food - (never eat at ground but pre-match pub food) Carlisle but horrific 90 mins followed

I thought almost everything went our way against Liverpool and while they were more talented than Everton their big players didn't quite seem up for it, they kind of went out with a whimper. Everton on the other hand were physical, competitive and quite bruising which made them a bigger test in my eyes. Yet we matched them in all areas which made it an incredibly exciting game.

In the Liverpool game my nerves were frayed for the last 20 minutes whereas against Everton even when we were 2-1 down I just felt immensely proud of how we took the game to them. Smithy's dramatic header turned that pride into ecstasy.

Also one of my housemates is an Evertonian which made it more memorable.

Goal of the season - Youssouf M'Changama's v Doncaster Rovers, Boxing Day.

Player of the season - Jose Baxter (Grounds & Croft second & third)

Game of the season - Oldham 3-2 Liverpool

Most improved player - Matt Smith. He always had it but finally found out how to use it in the last six months.

Moment of the season - M'Changama's dramatic recovery from being read the last rights to popping in a peach of a strike in the space of five minutes against Donny. Had me laughing like a drain.

Best away trip - Everton. Such a great atmosphere that night.

Lowest point of the season - Despite not being there, but listening on t'wireless, I felt we were doomed when pushing for the equaliser backfired and we conceded that comedy second.

Biggest Villain - David Moyes for showing such a lack of class after Smith's equaliser. A future United manager in the making there.

Best player vs Latics - Mirallas

Best goal vs Latics - Billy Sharp's strike for Forest was pretty decent, though I'll admit I struggle to recall the opposition's goals.

Best ground visited - Everton. Knackered, but a proper traditional ground.

Best food - Don't often eat at the ground, but Kiddie's pies were hugely overrated (too much mash) though still better than the standard fare. They just about beat the monster hot dogs at Goodison.

Edited by LaticsChris