Yesterday's following

First of all it was a great following with some fantastic costumes (and to those who asked me in the pub pre and post game it was just a new summer jacket, I hadn't gone dressed as anyone)

Apologies if this has been mentioned before but did we have an official figure on how many we took down? It was very impressive considering we had nothing to play for, surely it was over 500.

Fantastic turn out, some brilliant fancy dress and non stop singing. As we were getting back in the car, we were stopped by an Orient fan to say, "You're the best set of fans we've had here this season. Thanks, you were brilliant." Says it all. :applause1:

Fantastic turn out, some brilliant fancy dress and non stop singing. As we were getting back in the car, we were stopped by an Orient fan to say, "You're the best set of fans we've had here this season. Thanks, you were brilliant." Says it all. :applause1:

Cant beat a bit of ticky pip eh Brizzie

Best bit for me was the immaculately respected minute's silence. There were some very drunk people in our end, but to a man we showed respect. That was great.

Wow, its bad that I was in my seat from 2.45 onwards but I do not recall the minutes silence.

Remember both goals and the final whistle and the walk to the tube.

Crewe, Forest, Everton, Bury and Orient ill take another 5 aways like them next year

After a season of some very good away trips that was a very close 2nd to Forest away. Not far off 90 minutes of singing with some great variety of songs.

The chant "Next year we're Champions" followed soon after by "We'll never leave League One" is the sort of humour that keeps me going. As well as "Jose Baxter's Baby."

My first ever visit to Orient was under Dave Penney i can remember the stewards being real arsey and all last season they where quite laid back. Being a big following i didnt know what to expect on arrival being in costume one came over and said to me and other if you want to stand up and sing we advice you to up to the top.

Impressive i didnt hear any accounts of anyone moaning about being stood in front of anyone. Only complaint was the que at half time for refreshments and other stand only selling hotdogs which were nice but no burgers

It was my 3rd visit there. The first time 2-2 under shez I can't really remember what the steards were like (so they must have been ok). The next time we lost 1-0 with a late goal and they were arsey.

On Saturday they were friendly, laughed at our costume and how stewards should be.

Another one of those away games that make me happy and proud to be a Latics fan. I just can't imagine having that much fun and camaraderie as a fan of any other club. I suppose everyone thinks that about their club, but with us it's obviously true... :OASISscarf::comeon:

There was a few drunk students getting told off at Shrewsbury for being too loud. I thought football had died for a few moments.

how awful was they though? all i can remember from shrewsbury away is "wealeeeee, WEALE, weale, WE ALE, :censored:ing answer us weale, weale is a :censored:" really, really bad game