Season ticket Froze

How poorly have we managed this?

Is it good the prices are frozen? Yes.

Is it quite cheap for L1 football? Guess so.

Surely everyone should be relieved the prices arent going up. But I'm disappointed. Why? Because the club has failed to manage my expectations.

I didn't come into this expecting anything unreasonable. I merely listened to the noises from the club. In particular Simon Corney who hinted several times at there being a special season ticket announcement.

I don't always go in for Corney bashing but in this instance I think it's warranted. If you can't deliver, don't raise expectations. It's some ability to take something which is fundamentally a positive and make it feel like a negative. Well done Latics.

This sums me up perfectly. This has been handled, yet again, poorly.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently in a job which makes a season ticket pointless as i cant guarantee my shifts, but i did get to around 17 home games last season. i would be getting a st whatever the price if i could guarantee i could get to enough games. personally think next season going to be one of the biggest in the last 10 years. ive more confidence in LJ to deliver than i have in any manager since dowie, and i fully believe attendances will reflect this come christmas

however, we could not achieve success by offering a ridiculously low st price. i wouldnt want latics to give them away if it meant the budget got cut to such an extent it put our survival in this division at risk. you will always get the hardcore of 1500 buying, and all those throwing the toys out of the pram because we have frozen, not dropped them will all come crawling back if we are top half come october, except they will have to pay the higher price because they dont see things the same way i do.

I'll be there for yet another season (over 20 seasons!) so obviously the price is not off-putting enough...

however, you have to look at the noises which get made....and then never come to fruition...

This year it was a special season ticket announcement, the other year it was the 'compensation' for ST holders in relation to the golden ticket which never came...

If you're not 110%, don't make the noise....simple, and thats why, even though i'll be there, it leaves a sour taste

I'll be there for yet another season (over 20 seasons!) so obviously the price is not off-putting enough...

however, you have to look at the noises which get made....and then never come to fruition...

This year it was a special season ticket announcement, the other year it was the 'compensation' for ST holders in relation to the golden ticket which never came...

If you're not 110%, don't make the noise....simple, and thats why, even though i'll be there, it leaves a sour taste

Don't knock the half a shirt offer! That's yer compensation.

Whilst it is true that there was no offical annoucement, the leaking of the Furman video and now the subsequent u-turn isn't great PR. It makes the club look amateurish.

For those who've not being paying attention and missed it, what was all this about the Furman video?

How poorly have we managed this?

Is it good the prices are frozen? Yes.

Is it quite cheap for L1 football? Guess so.

Surely everyone should be relieved the prices arent going up. But I'm disappointed. Why? Because the club has failed to manage my expectations.

I didn't come into this expecting anything unreasonable. I merely listened to the noises from the club. In particular Simon Corney who hinted several times at there being a special season ticket announcement.

I don't always go in for Corney bashing but in this instance I think it's warranted. If you can't deliver, don't raise expectations. It's some ability to take something which is fundamentally a positive and make it feel like a negative. Well done Latics.

Spot on.

I will be renewing. When the prices were not announced earlier I knew what was coming. I don't think £13 a game is a bad price either.

However, the PR excersize has been a shambles.

Rather than just sweep it under the carpet, pretend no one saw anything, when there is a video on youtube, from January in which Corney tells us to expect something. Id like the club to release a statement. Show some balls. Say - we cocked up. We apologise.

Edited by pukka

They won't - they'll blame Premium PTV instead of their own indecisiveness.

I'm not too bothered about prices being frozen and the kids rates show a bit of common sense, but like others have said it's a massive PR own goal, time to wheel Bazza out with a statement to try and appease...

I will be renewing mine and my son (who will be graduating from university this summer) will be getting his first adult season ticket.

Also a reminder to those going to Uni this summer that you can get a student card from the ticket office (£13 I think) and then admission is £10 per game.

Have to say though the £240 offer would have made little difference whether I renewed or not, I can understand why the club didn't go with it.

It's all about the product on the pitch and whether I think the club are looking at moving forward, if those noises are positive I'll renew.

They won't - they'll blame Premium PTV instead of their own indecisiveness.

I'm not too bothered about prices being frozen and the kids rates show a bit of common sense, but like others have said it's a massive PR own goal, time to wheel Bazza out with a statement to try and appease...

They can't blame premium TV for this one: (4mins 15)

Edited by pukka

No you can't, but they will ;-)

Club's Customer Charter states "no matter what the circumstances are, it's never our fault, you're never in the wrong - and if yer don't like it? Feckin' lump it……!

If the ST's are properly pushed, cheap Shirt offer, £10 off if you spend £50, £5 off if you spend £30, 4 10% off coupons, friend for a fiver - lovely priority on tickets when the big boys come calling and of course those that can't afford the initial outlay (me) have the option of the 3 months or 10 months Finance Option, this needs pushing...

To some the pulling of the suggested £240 ticket leaves a sour taste, but I knew the club were dithering, it just shows a lack of decisiveness and yet again makes them look like amateurs to some.

To me, it just makes them look like what Oldham Athletic have become…..

BUT Have to say i'm happy with that the fans concerns over the £10 Child's ticket have been taken into account and at £10 for Under 12s it represents great value for those parents willing to take responsibility for their kids' behaviour. £50 for Under 16s, no problems with either.

Glad the club have also seen sense about the Main Stand Lower too, I think that's where we'll be next season. More than happy to pay extra for Rosie's ticket in there.

Re: The £200+ VAT offer that was mooted, it would have been a good offer but would have cost the club more money I reckon, especially as a shirt was thrown in too.

At the end of the day, you either want to watch a League One side or not, I don't think a £240 season ticket would have made THAT much of a difference to the floaters. At the end of the day it's £63 or 3 games pay on the day, or if you take out the finance option it's £7 a month….

Right make the right noises over Player Recruitment until May the 31st and I may just renew….

•  

Edited by oafcprozac

I renew every year because my son is a bully! Freezing the price just acknowledges what has happened to most peoples income. If they really wanted to do something then offering monthly payments direct to the club without interest or admin charges by direct debit would encourage more people to buy i.e. £32.80 per month for ten month from May for a main stand ticket. Simple!

Junior supporters in the Main Stand so long as an adult season ticket holder takes responsibility. The new shirt must be a new shirt because the 'NEW' replica kit is already on sale for £20. I just pray that the new new kit will be the right colour blue and have some white in it. Lee Johnson's BLUE and WHITE army!!!!

Anybody?

Latics filmed a video in which Dean Furman announced a quite fantastic deal of £200 for a season ticket and a shirt none inclusive of VAT. Simon Corney went balistic that it was somebody elses fault. Apparantley, PTV smeaked into BP, hypnotised Furman and filmed him saying all these things. Then Corney even said that this video actually didnt even reflect just how good the deal would be. So, thousands of us got excited at the prospect of being able to afford to go and watch our club in a full stadium.

Then the prices came out and they were :censored:ing :censored:e.

Then the Latics famous high horse brigade had a go at people for 'whinging' when they were in fact voicing their displeasure at being misled.

Then some upity :censored: came along and looked down their noses at us and told us that £60 is nothing and we should just shut up and pay it.

Thats about it really.

I am happy with the pricing structure. It is a deal for families and supervised young fans. They are also amongst the cheapest in League 1.

I wonder how many of those who are unhappy, would be happy with a salary freeze or reduction for 6yrs to enable their company to sell more of the service. Going for ‘cheap’ is a big risk. Depending on selling over 5,000 cheap tickets when you are quietly visualising a successful season is certainly a lot easier when it’s not your money.

If Corney has changed the pricing policy it may be because he has stumbled over Lee Johnson. Although difficult to achieve, the best way to increase crowds is winning and attractive football. And I suspect Corney has high hopes for young Johnson, as do we all.

What we are short of is a good Spin Doctor.

I reckon even if season tickets were £100, you'd not get 5000 supporters taking up the offer. You'd just end up with an even worse budget and relegation. The price for me seems reasonable, unfortunately I work Saturdays so only attend midweek fixtures so I won't be getting one. I don't compare watching latics to other forms of entertainment though and the prices they charge, firstly its very rare you get entertainment, secondly latics is about love for the club so if by keeping the prices the same allows them to compete at this level then I'm all for it.

Latics filmed a video in which Dean Furman announced a quite fantastic deal of £200 for a season ticket and a shirt none inclusive of VAT.

People on here were still moaning about it not being a big enough saving though. Maybe, given that initial reaction, the club thought that there wouldn't be the required take up so revised their pricing.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40509

People on here were still moaning about it not being a big enough saving though. Maybe, given that initial reaction, the club thought that there wouldn't be the required take up so revised their pricing.

http://www.owtb.co.u...showtopic=40509

I remember that, I also had the same opinion at the time. And now really, I suppose.

Is the 2 x passport photos for any Junior Ticket or just for the 11-16 yr olds. Need to sort some out for my 7yr old if so as getting him a season ticket this year in the Main Stand Upper with me