Who's staying and going

Millar may possibly be going back to Ireland in search of a better deal Ive heard. So that's one to think about... The only young player that we've offered a contract to that I will be devastated if he left would be Mellor, could mould him into a tidy player under LJ

Millar would be a dick to go and play for the likes of Linfield when he's finally got a manager who is likely to help him reach his potential.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Millar would be a dick to go and play for the likes of Linfield when he's finally got a manager who is likely to help him reach his potential.

I was surprised as well but it just sounds even more than a rumour. But he may even sign it in the end or get a better contact offer so may sign, probably will. Just letting people know

He's just got his bird up the duff. She's from Royton. Can't see it happening...

Yeah I know, I know her. That's why I was so surprised to hear it but may not be as clear cut as everyone thinks that he will sign a new deal. Probable though.

Suprised about Deano part of me wonder if his mind was made up anyway. Gutted about young Taylor felt he didnt really get a good chance. Hughes as looked alright in the reseves, young Jacob look ok early doors pre season but his recent performances in the reserves have not been very encouraging. Glad Connor Brown and Cliff Byrne are staying. Also Johnson talked up Glen Belezika as being a good 1 v 1 defender at the meet manager but did hint he may need to go out on loan.

Agree with this - Bouzanis and Taylor the surprises for me - I suspect both will go on to do well.

cisak-the club have a 1yr option on his contract.its the clubs call not the player.the club could tell him the option is being taken up and thats it.however is cisak so unhappy and wants to leave.

= transfer fee?

presumed Cisak would want out, considering he's been benched all season. But i've always been impressed with him and if he stays I hope he shows the same form that brought about those rumours of a Championship move.

As for Simpson - im glad he's gone. Amazing minute at Anfield, great hattrick against Chesterfield, great performance at Forest, but that's all he's done for us. He suffered from having his best position the same as Baxters, didn't stand a chance. If he finds out where his position is, he'll do well

What if Cisak spits him dummy out and doesn't want to stay (I'm sure earlier in the season he was begging to go to Pompey)? There aren't that many free agent good keepers about that have wage demands within our budget.

Why would he spit his dummy out though? Surely any issue he had would be with Paul Dickov for not playing him not Oldham Athletic. If LJ has told him he wants him to be the no.1 I can't see why he would have any reason to move on unless he gets an offer from one of the big clubs in L1 or a Championship side to be No.1 there.

He was looking to move because we weren't giving him first team football and dean bouzanis was clearly the favoured keeper under Dickov, he;s now been moved on and it looks like Cisak is being lined up to take the spot. If he's offered first team football he'll stay imo.

= transfer fee?

That's my reckoning. If we've offered a deal are we entitled to a compensation payment? Can't see him wanting to stay. Not disappointed Bouzanis has left and if Cisak does stay I'd be happy with him being our number one come the new season.

An odd situation. There must be either no more payments due from us after 2 seasons or some payment to us if he's off. Doesn't quite figure that he's now our chosen number 1 after not having a look in for the last 6 months or so.

Why would he spit his dummy out though? Surely any issue he had would be with Paul Dickov for not playing him not Oldham Athletic. If LJ has told him he wants him to be the no.1 I can't see why he would have any reason to move on unless he gets an offer from one of the big clubs in L1 or a Championship side to be No.1 there.

He was looking to move because we weren't giving him first team football and dean bouzanis was clearly the favoured keeper under Dickov, he;s now been moved on and it looks like Cisak is being lined up to take the spot. If he's offered first team football he'll stay imo.

If Cisak is favoured under LJ why has he not been playing him?

Wonder if LJ thinks that Deano AND Cisak are not good enough to be our No.1.

Cisak might be on lower wages than Deano and therefore a better option as a No.2 re the budget. If Cisak stays, then we look for a No1 and get compo if he leaves. If he doesn't we are looking for 2 GKs next year - perhaps with a higher wage paid for a decent No1 (the current 2 fit into the generally OK, but don't blow you away category) and reduced for a inexperienced youngster (the triallist?).

Overall I am not devastated by any of the players on the released list (even not knowing what the wages were). Only slight element of doubt is D Taylor - not seen him enough to judge him, and might go elsewhere, play regularly and look a decent player and we are left thinking 'what if'.

As for the keepers. Generally happy, but would like to see some of those offered deals, signing them.

Overall I am not devastated by any of the players on the released list (even not knowing what the wages were). Only slight element of doubt is D Taylor - not seen him enough to judge him, and might go elsewhere, play regularly and look a decent player and we are left thinking 'what if'.

Could turn out to be a loss. He was bigged up by Beardsley and co pre-season and I fell for the hype and thought we'd bagged ourselves a gem. Not had the opportunity to prove it or not but it was apparently a close call as to whether or not he'd get a Newcastle deal so there must be something there.

Least he'll leave with fond memories...

Wonder if LJ thinks that Deano AND Cisak are not good enough to be our No.1.

Cisak might be on lower wages than Deano and therefore a better option as a No.2 re the budget. If Cisak stays, then we look for a No1 and get compo if he leaves. If he doesn't we are looking for 2 GKs next year - perhaps with a higher wage paid for a decent No1 (the current 2 fit into the generally OK, but don't blow you away category) and reduced for a inexperienced youngster (the triallist?).

As for the keepers. Generally happy, but would like to see some of those offered deals, signing them.

Completely agree with the keeper situation, I think Cisak (if he signs) will be wanting to push to be number one choice but I think that LJ already has someone lined up to be number one or else Cisak would have been re-instated when LJ first took over. Deano possibly might be on quite a bit also.

And with Dan Taylor I think that he could go elsewhere, get his chance and take it. It's a gamble we've taken and I don't think it will pull off. I reckon he will do a good job wherever he goes

Edited by Ross2509

I do wonder about how much we are paying our youngsters and how much we were paying the likes of Bouzy and Taylor? Our youngsters are getting their heads turned by more money (not that bad as we get compo) but the likes of Bouzy and especially Taylor who are a similar age are not offered new deals so we don't get compo.

The chucking away of compo is one of the main reasons why I'm surprised we didn't at least offer a new deal to Taylor and especially Bouzy. Unless they were on a level of money that we couldn't afford if they said yes as part of our reduced budget. If anything I'd have expected Bouzy to be on less than Cisak because we signed Bouzy as a free agent and we paid Accy for Cisak.

Heard Tarky has had his head turned too but as we've offered him a deal compo will be forthcoming. However I expect him to be told to stop being do :censored:ing stupid and to continue his development here...

Anyone thought this may be the reason Cisak was offered a deal

I do wonder about how much we are paying our youngsters and how much we were paying the likes of Bouzy and Taylor? Our youngsters are getting their heads turned by more money (not that bad as we get compo) but the likes of Bouzy and especially Taylor who are a similar age are not offered new deals so we don't get compo.

The chucking away of compo is one of the main reasons why I'm surprised we didn't at least offer a new deal to Taylor and especially Bouzy. Unless they were on a level of money that we couldn't afford if they said yes as part of our reduced budget. If anything I'd have expected Bouzy to be on less than Cisak because we signed Bouzy as a free agent and we paid Accy for Cisak.

I'd expect Cisak to drop back to League Two (possibly from whenst he came now Coleman/Bell are being touted as returning to former glories) and Boozy although I'd only seen him at Preston didn't fill me with confidence and no doubts that goes for the back four in front of him too.

Two new keepers for me!

Maybe we didn't offer a contract to Taylor because the compensation we'd get for employing him for twelve months whilst he sat on a physio table and rotted in the reserves would be minimal, and it's not worth him saying 'yes' and doing the same thing next season.

He hasn't come through at Latics and I'd be stunned if any objective observer thought he had developed whilst he's been at BP.

Maybe we didn't offer a contract to Taylor because the compensation we'd get for employing him for twelve months whilst he sat on a physio table and rotted in the reserves would be minimal

The frequently missed flipside to, "Taylor/Eardley is :censored:, we should sell him for £250k."