Who's staying and going

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very surprised Bouzanis is off. Perhaps the club didn't want to risk making offers to both goalies in case they were both accepted and couldn't afford them but in that case I'd expect Bouzy to have been offered and Cisak to be let go. Especially as LJ appears to have favoured Bouzanis.

Thanks Deano and good luck.

Thought Cisak was long gone and Bouzy would be staying surprised at that.

Still think it was odd to make Robbie Simpson captain if he wasn't staying....

Although I suspect RS frees up a nice chunk of the budget. Not worth him staying for what he was contributing.

Edited by razza699

Very surprised Bouzanis is off. Perhaps the club didn't want to risk making offers to both goalies in case they were both accepted and couldn't afford them but in that case I'd expect Bouzy to have been offered and Cisak to be let go. Especially as LJ appears to have favoured Bouzanis.

Thanks Deano and good luck.

Yeah v. Weird especially as if we had made an offer to Bouzy on the same money we'd have got compo if he went elsewhere.

What if Cisak spits him dummy out and doesn't want to stay (I'm sure earlier in the season he was begging to go to Pompey)? There aren't that many free agent good keepers about that have wage demands within our budget.

I hoestly think there as something in the wage structure of Cisak that entitled him to etxtra money based on appearances! He is the better keeper, so maybe negotiating a better deal with him is the right way forward.

Suprised by Simmo, thought Johnson liked him, but I guess he must want a different style of player cosidering Simmo will be on a large chunk of our budget.

Suprised about Deano part of me wonder if his mind was made up anyway. Gutted about young Taylor felt he didnt really get a good chance. Hughes as looked alright in the reseves, young Jacob look ok early doors pre season but his recent performances in the reserves have not been very encouraging. Glad Connor Brown and Cliff Byrne are staying. Also Johnson talked up Glen Belezika as being a good 1 v 1 defender at the meet manager but did hint he may need to go out on loan.

Yeah v. Weird especially as if we had made an offer to Bouzy on the same money we'd have got compo if he went elsewhere.

I wonder if it's a longer term repercussion of this season's disciplinary matter but I still think it's odd that we're still discussing with Cisak if he wasn't being selected.

What if Cisak spits him dummy out and doesn't want to stay (I'm sure earlier in the season he was begging to go to Pompey)? There aren't that many free agent good keepers about that have wage demands within our budget.

We had one on trial against City the other night.

Was just about to post this, surprised we have released Bouzy.

I'd take the young keeper Ian Lawlor from Manchester City, who is out of contract in June I understand.

Edited by BP1960

I hoestly think there as something in the wage structure of Cisak that entitled him to etxtra money based on appearances! He is the better keeper, so maybe negotiating a better deal with him is the right way forward.

Suprised by Simmo, thought Johnson liked him, but I guess he must want a different style of player cosidering Simmo will be on a large chunk of our budget.

i thought this after about 10 games of cisak being 'dropped'

Thought Cisak was long gone and Bouzy would be staying surprised at that.

Still think it was odd to make Robbie Simpson captain if he wasn't staying....

Although I suspect RS frees up a nice chunk of the budget. Not worth him staying for what he was contributing.

Maybe LJ was trying to see if the captaincy and some positive words brought more out of his game.

My view is "reduced budget" means replace Furman and Simpson with cheaper players.

I think letting Bouzanis go is probably the right decision. He doesn't command the six yard box at corners and too many times I'm sat there thinking "I'm sure he could have done better there". Love his celebrations, but want more than that. Wonder if his discipliniary mishap with Philliskirk has anything to do with it?

I am surprised with the keepers, but if Cisak signs I have no problem with him being number one I always thought he was a good keeper. Just thought he didnt want to be here so would be on his way.

Also surprised at Winchester getting a contract, I guess it is his last chance to step up.

Pleased with the list of players retained and left.

Only 1 I would've kept is Dan Taylor but he's had injuries and I can understand why we've let go of him.

Deano leaving is more sad than disasterous. We had 2 decent keepers at the club with him and Cisak and I think Cisak's ability is better than Bouzanis'. However, it's a joy to see a player with such passion and commitment like Bouzy in a game with very few players like that.

Simpson underperformed all season, too, on a high wage.

Glad we've kept the kids and are attempting to keep the better players from last season. Progession is essential. I'd like to see Korey Smith again next season and trust LJ to bring in quality.