Anyone catch Corney on talksport

Yeah, listened to it. Was considering starting a thread on it. He basically said that the loan system was the lifeblood of lower league teams. Have to agree with him really. He also explicitly stated that Latics had "no chance" of making it to the Prem - again, he's probably right. As usual, Talksport were only really concerned with Prem clubs but I thought SC put a realistic spin on things.

Manged to catch a bit myself seemed in favour of the loan system mentioned something about smaller clubs or summet feeding into bigger ones or guessing having links about getting a pick on there players. Me phone went so didnt hear it all.

Yeah, listened to it. Was considering starting a thread on it. He basically said that the loan system was the lifeblood of lower league teams. Have to agree with him really. He also explicitly stated that Latics had "no chance" of making it to the Prem - again, he's probably right. As usual, Talksport were only really concerned with Prem clubs but I thought SC put a realistic spin on things.

i prefer the never say never attitude. blackpool did (yeye they have more money) but who is to say we dont go up, get a team together who shock the football world and ge promotion. i live in reality but its nice to live in hope

i prefer the never say never attitude. blackpool did (yeye they have more money) but who is to say we dont go up, get a team together who shock the football world and ge promotion. i live in reality but its nice to live in hope

Exactly how I look at things. Why give up without even trying?

Exactly how I look at things. Why give up without even trying?

Exactly. No real ambition any more, he seems happy to stay at this level, where we can have the odd shot at promotion, but would probably come straight back down. Hence the new stand which is half the size it should be. I know it won't get filled, but may do in the future, and meanwhile will earn much more off the pitch than the paltry planned structure.

Didn't mean to say that I necessarily agree with SC. Obviously, if we could get out of this wretched division, extra revenue / crowds etc. who knows what could be achieved? Jesus, walking through the Lowry yesterday seeing smug Utd fans would love to re-live those glory days. After all, why bother being a footy fan, especially a lower league one, if you have no dreams of making the top flight?

Exactly. No real ambition any more, he seems happy to stay at this level, where we can have the odd shot at promotion, but would probably come straight back down. Hence the new stand which is half the size it should be. I know it won't get filled, but may do in the future, and meanwhile will earn much more off the pitch than the paltry planned structure.

Opposite i think the new stand will be filled match by match only downside it be people moving over from the other stands so we could see both the Chaddy, Rocky and Lower paddock looking even more empty on matchdays.

The new stand's capcaity for retail units doesn't excite me much. Seems highly unliklely to become a destination for shoppers so what's going in there that will attrract business? It's tough enough to make a shop work in a prime location these days.

Manged to catch a bit myself seemed in favour of the loan system mentioned something about smaller clubs or summet feeding into bigger ones or guessing having links about getting a pick on there players. Me phone went so didnt hear it all.

Your phone was dead? I'm not having that tom. Not like you that.

The new stand's capcaity for retail units doesn't excite me much. Seems highly unliklely to become a destination for shoppers so what's going in there that will attrract business? It's tough enough to make a shop work in a prime location these days.

well you look at the elk mill retail park, and how much business shops there get, you could argue it differently. If you put certain chain stores, or stores recorded for their notable business profits and even franchises, it could attract shoppers who could easily pull into the car park and shop. Its just down to the club to get it known that the stand offers attraction to shoppers.

well you look at the elk mill retail park, and how much business shops there get, you could argue it differently. If you put certain chain stores, or stores recorded for their notable business profits and even franchises, it could attract shoppers who could easily pull into the car park and shop. Its just down to the club to get it known that the stand offers attraction to shoppers.

Maybe but how many shops and of what sort. Can't be space for more than three or four units can there once you take all the other things that are needed into account?

Still, I'm proud to admit that my knowledge of shopping is not that high!

I don't take SC too litterally. He likes to play politics and his rant on Talksport would suit the point he was trying to make i.e. presumably to do with the widening financial gaps between the have and have nots. At the same time SC has commented (through Mike Keegan) that our wage bill was supposed to have been 50%+ higher than Yeovil's i.e. that perhaps we can do better with the resources we have got.

Maybe but how many shops and of what sort. Can't be space for more than three or four units can there once you take all the other things that are needed into account?

Still, I'm proud to admit that my knowledge of shopping is not that high!

It's not shops as on the Elk Mill site. The new stand will contain a supporters’ bar, a 500-seat conference suite, offices, a coffee shop and a health and leisure centre.

I don't take SC too litterally. He likes to play politics and his rant on Talksport would suit the point he was trying to make i.e. presumably to do with the widening financial gaps between the have and have nots. At the same time SC has commented (through Mike Keegan) that our wage bill was supposed to have been 50%+ higher than Yeovil's i.e. that perhaps we can do better with the resources we have got.

Keegan said that on 13th March Corney told him he had recently spoke to someone close to Yeovil who said that about the budget. Essentially putting 2 and 2 together LDJ said the stuff about the 2 clubs budget's.

This league is probably the highest one that you can almost guarantee to get out of by chucking money at it. Like other leagues, aside from the Prem, you can still get success without chucking money at it. For that to happen you probably need to find a gem on the cheap (done with Baxter), get a good manager in (hopefully), get players performing regularly at their peak level (hopefully) and don't have more injuries than your squad can cope with (hopefully). Oh and find some good players in the loan market.

Someone is going to get into the play-offs next season with a budget on par or less than ours. We just have to be that club. The worry is that 4 teams with a budget similar to ours will go down.