Eyresey is one of my favourite if not the favourite player of the last 14 years but.....

Not a chance, Eyres never played above the Championship was a great player for us but Rick Holden made mugs out of the best in the country week after week

Edited by oafcprozac

One attribute that both Holden & Groves had was physical courage. Neither shied away from hard treatment - indeed they could hand it out. That allied to outstanding skill was a big asset in building the relationship with fans.

LJ has already said that Dayton isn't a "physical" player . He looks extremely skilful but we know the stick some players have received for being seen as less than robust.

I'm pleased with the signing , and hope that he can be allowed to be florish without being put on a pedestal too soon.

Groves was as hard as nails and Holden very strong on the ball - as was David Eyres,

We have seen before this is no league for shrinking violets, and PD brought in too many lightweights for my liking.

I'm sure LJ is well aware of this and won't follow the pattern of his predecessor.

From Manchester Evening News.

LJ on William Gros

“I like William Gros and I believe in him as a player. However, a lot of things would have to happen for that to take place.”

Edited by razza699