Any news on incomers/outgoers?

LJ said that no-one is imminent but he's speaking to 5 or 6 players and he's pleased with the amount of positivity from players expressing their interest in joining Latics.

He has said that JYM has been positive about staying but hasn't signed yet and Cisak contract talks are still ongoing.

LJ said that no-one is imminent but he's speaking to 5 or 6 players and he's pleased with the amount of positivity from players expressing their interest in joining Latics.

He has said that JYM has been positive about staying but hasn't signed yet and Cisak contract talks are still ongoing.

JYM will not be staying

Anyone know about the youth 16 year old forward Toby Jackson is going for 1.6 million to Norwich. From a rumours site

Typical, we're always underselling our players. I know I may have never heard of him but surely we can negotiate an £7 or £8 million pound deal???

In the Chron's story about the Cisak contract extension, LJ says no signings are expected in the next couple of weeks, but “without doubt” the next four signings will be at Boundary Park by the middle of next month. “Things are happening behind the scenes. The fans should have confidence in the work being done.”

http://www.oldham-ch...765/cisak-signs

In the Chron's story about the Cisak contract extension, LJ says no signings are expected in the next couple of weeks, but “without doubt” the next four signings will be at Boundary Park by the middle of next month. “Things are happening behind the scenes. The fans should have confidence in the work being done.”

So, expect the forum to be quiet-ish until this time next month :/

So much for doing our business early then.

I dont mind where players come from, we need to trust LJ will assess them on skill not status which i am sure he will. We've had many players from the (so called) best league in the world and they havent faired much better.

Every player has to start somewhere.

John Johnson from Northampton Town and Danny Hylton from Aldershot are the two names I keep hearing....

Interesting from Wikipedia:

'..Johnson started his career at Middlesborough in 2005, ...and made his first team debut on 18 October 2008 in a home 5–0 defeat to Chelsea in the Premier League coming on as a substitute for Jonathan Grounds in the 54th minute'...

Edited by TheBigDog