Relegation odds

Bet365 have currently got us as joint second favourites to go down along with Shrewsbury, this to me seems excessively harsh. I know we didn't have the best of seasons last year but we now have a new manager and there's the possible takeover, which would put some much needed money in the coffers. In my opinion the squad is beginning to take shape and with a few more decent signings (particularly a goal scorer) I cant see why we couldn't finish mid table if not higher.

We've flirted with relegation three years running so we're there on merit, really.

Exactly! To raise or lower the odds bookies react to action, performance and quality signings or departures. We are pretty much where we were at the end of last season if not worse. A few of our better players have left to be replaced by (up to now) generally unknown quantities. Bookies are oblivious to sentiment and don't rely on You Tube. As it stands we will have to rely on results to lower the odds on relegation. And this is not the squad we will kick off with.

Bet365 have currently got us as joint second favourites to go down along with Shrewsbury, this to me seems excessively harsh.

It isn't. You have to agree that the right to be in this division and those above is earned on the grass, and it was barely achieved last season. Oldham are one of the favourites to drop, so they will have to prove they're not candidates.

It isn't. You have to agree that the right to be in this division and those above is earned on the grass, and it was barely achieved last season. Oldham are one of the favourites to drop, so they will have to prove they're not candidates.

Yeah I agree. I just thought that with a new manager, the possibility of the takeover and the fact that the majority of the team will be different next season the odds would be a bit bigger, obviously I was wrong. :sign0007:

Ive taken the gamble before any takeover that it does actually happen. 20-1 just to make top six. Dont even have to win them. They will drop dramatically if any takeover does happen. Then again it could make me look stupid very easily

Ive taken the gamble before any takeover that it does actually happen. 20-1 just to make top six. Dont even have to win them. They will drop dramatically if any takeover does happen. Then again it could make me look stupid very easily

What bookies is that with? Skybet have us 20/1 to get promoted

Fan base plays a crucial role in determining the Bookies odds. The bigger the club the smaller the odds for promotion and therefore the opposite for relegation.

The bookies are not so simplistic. Otherwise Portsmouth would not have been one of the favourites for relegation all last season.

The bookies are not so simplistic. Otherwise Portsmouth would not have been one of the favourites for relegation all last season.

It's a factor, the "crucial" was perhaps a misnomer. Two clubs have similar chances to get promotion the one with a bigger fan base will have lower odds.

It's a factor, the "crucial" was perhaps a misnomer. Two clubs have similar chances to get promotion the one with a bigger fan base will have lower odds.

Just as an example; Shrewsbury town the favourites for the drop were 11th in average league attendances last season. We were 16th.