Dickov's words of wisdom . . .

Comment after his first training session with Donny: “We do like to get the footballs out early, that is what you do in a football match you play football."

Does he realise that its all well and good saying that but need to be able to do so for just over ninety minutes at high intensity, not play for seventy minutes then watch the players blow out of their arses hit wayward balls and more often than not concede late goals within the last sodding twenty.

Yep let's scrap all the fitness :censored:e and get the footballs out and play 5 a side, that way all the players will love me and not notice I am a clueless Scottish Pixie...... Plan B, Open Training session where all the fans are still in Honeymoon mode and fail to notice we don't actually do anything in training as I like to join in and no coaching takes place as PB has two lorry loads of paper clips to name and Gerry is off making a brew.

Next people will be talking about something Ronnie Moore is saying.

Genuinely not arsed. If he is attempting to sign Baxter or M'Voto - then I will be, otherwise good luck to him. He tried when he was here. Liverpool and Forest are great memories. Having faults and failing is not a crime, no matter how people make it out to be.

Whatever happened to "All the best, gutted it didn't work out here as you could tell he cared about the club, wish him all the best and hope he goes on to be a success"

He seemed to leave with everyone's best wishes but some fans can't take that he's moved onto bigger and better things

Whatever happened to "All the best, gutted it didn't work out here as you could tell he cared about the club, wish him all the best and hope he goes on to be a success"

He seemed to leave with everyone's best wishes but some fans can't take that he's moved onto bigger and better things

Same chaps who were chanting his name at the Everton game no doubt.

I thought it was more a case of everytime he employs one of our staff or ex staff or spouts some more bollocks that, naturally, becomes a talking point.

I think that's the point, he deserved a second chance and thats what many were hoping for. Moving on to bigger and better things seems strange considering.

Made a comment saying that he didn't have 6 pence to spend here

Despite Corney giving in time again for loanees that just weren't needed. Only time he actually brought in players that were desperately needed were the strikers he brought in last season Derbyshire, Baxter, Barnard et al. I'd argue that Trotman, Todd, Wabara, Bunn, Tonk (2nd time), White, Evina, Christophe, Dikaba, Diallo, Amos, Mantom. Lund, Scapuzzi, Mancini etc were simply not needed and brought in to the detriment of our own kids/squad players/guys already in the team......yes the budget is generally poor but at some point during the season Corney realises it's going tits up has a crisis of confidence and rightly or wrongly allows an extra loanee or two....

To give some context to the 6p comment - he was saying how Fernandez would have cost £600k to buy him at the time, but didn't have 6p to spend at Oldham.

I would say he was making a throw away comment about the amount of money available for transfers rather than slagging off the budget in general.