Is anyone else feeling like me......

Tickets already bought (which is a given) but basically "Bricking It!" ...Hoping every day to see an established buy / signing, watching two decent league 1 keepers leave, having no striker, an unproven midfield group, Mvoto and Baxter coveted by bigger clubs and last seasons very weak back four.

In Mr Johnson we trust ......But Mourinho would struggle

Oh negative me lol .....its just that after our very poor league 1 campaigns of recent years I am hoping for a a bit of entertainment.

Too much to ask?

I'm hoping to see SOME experience brought in, it's ok filling your side with young whippersnappers, but I feel we need one or two in with some know how.

Looking forward to the season though, to see how LJ does with a team that will have been mainly assembled by himself.

Tickets already bought (which is a given) but basically "Bricking It!" ...Hoping every day to see an established buy / signing, watching two decent league 1 keepers leave, having no striker, an unproven midfield group, Mvoto and Baxter coveted by bigger clubs and last seasons very weak back four.

Oh negative me lol .....its just that after our very poor league 1 campaigns of recent years I am hoping for a a bit of entertainment.

Too much to ask?

Now if I had written that you would all have being queuing up to....

Too much to ask?

Loads of time yet. Ask me again August 1st.

Now if I had written that you would all have being queuing up to....

a) you would not have written it like that,

B) It's all "I, I, I" with you isn't it.

c) Don't you think this supposed "realist" with LJ is all a bit self appointed?

I'll do a Poll and show how many are cautious BUT optimistic, how many are blind lemmngs, and how many are certain he will fail.

Vast Majority in the former WIll will wager.

With loads of players contracts officially ending on July 1st, I expect us to have a few more in by 15th july. If we haven't I'll be concerned.

Til then I'm feeling ok.

As many others have said the squad will shape up in July, then is the time to make an educated estimation of how our season may pan out.

It is worth bearing in mind that we'll probably be relying on youth more than in previous seasons, considering the recent(ish) statement about funding transfers or the youth system favouring the latter.

I too have read allegations that I might be Corporal Jones. I can truthfully assure you that I have only the pseudonym account

Fair do's, I've no reason to doubt you.....just the Columbo in me rearing it's head.

back to the original post.

Our managers knowledge of football far outweights dicovs. If he manages to transform that into getting the best out of the players he assembles then I think we will have a decent season.

in short. I am not worried about our current squad and as others have stated july 1st onwards all those out of contract players become available.

KTF

Too much to ask?

Far too early to think anything and so far I would say the signings have been positive.

The young lad Clarke Harris looks a much better prospect than Dan Taylor with more experience, while Dayton and Smith look like good first choice signings. These two would surely be in the established buy category for us?

Mvoto will be a massive loss at the back so will need a large chunk of the budget spent on that.

Until we get some real investment I doubt we will be seeing us buy up the top talent at this level from the competition.

I too have read allegations that I might be Corporal Jones. I can truthfully assure you that I have only the pseudonym account

Surely any new poster would enquire who Corporal Jones was. I'll wager you know about him.

Surely any new poster would enquire who Corporal Jones was. I'll wager you know about him.

Check how long I have been a member and I am quite good at reading! I am not, and never have been Corporal Jones and I have never had any other account or alter ego on this board.

Check how long I have been a member and I am quite good at reading! I am not, and never have been Corporal Jones and I have never had any other account or alter ego on this board.

Lets look at the facts and figures.

Member since Nov 2007.

Not a single post in 4.5 years.

Suddenly a post Jan 2013

Wabarra is bigger and quicker and no matter how many games he plays brown will not develop in those areas......Furman, wes, Murray, brown and croft....all we are short of is Snow White

Littered with "sloppy" mistakes.

Nothing for another 4 months.

THen another post with a few mistakes.

Dayton is 5 foot 7 and less than 10 stone. With Millar, Wesolowski, brown and him we only need another 3 dwarves?

So his first 2 signing have played just 5 English professional games between them and are both left sided wide men

Jury out on this manager big time!

And then an avalanche of posts with three themes. English syntax, your pleasure at espousing your knowledge of syntax, and sharp criticism of the new manager with a possible subtext of seeing that your are one of the few that can see the weaknesses.

You kept your self under control for almost 5 years not posting or reacting ever.

Suddenly you have posted 68 times in a little over 30 days.

I know the explanations that I'd put my money on.

Lets look at the facts and figures.

Member since Nov 2007.

Not a single post in 4.5 years.

Suddenly a post Jan 2013

Littered with "sloppy" mistakes.

Nothing for another 4 months.

THen another post with a few mistakes.

And then an avalanche of posts with three themes. English syntax, your pleasure at espousing your knowledge of syntax, and sharp criticism of the new manager with a possible subtext of seeing that your are one of the few that can see the weaknesses.

You kept your self under control for almost 5 years not posting or reacting ever.

Suddenly you have posted 68 times in a little over 30 days.

I know the explanations that I'd put my money on.

Do you believe in nature or nurture? Ie where you born a pratt or is it learned behaviour?

Do you think that anybody would disguise their identity or claim to be somebody else when discussing Oldham Athletic when anonymous anyway?

What part of, I do not and never have had any other account on this board do you not understand?