LJ first 100 days  

142 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about LJ so far, and for the season ahead

• He's the Messiah. Can do no wrong. Blindly optimistic.
    • A good start, cautiously optimisitc. Still early days.
    • Neither one nor the other. Too early to tell either way.
    • He will fail. His comments have not been backed up. Talks the talk only

Lee JOhnson took over 100 days ago, yesterday (Time flies!)

A certain poster is trying to cast himself as the "Realist" and everyone else is blind to his potential failings..

So are you realist, blindly optimistic etc?

Edited by singe

Lee JOhnson took over 100 days ago, yesterday (Time flies!)

A certain poster is trying to cast himself as the "Realist" and everyone else is blind to his potential failings..

So are you realist, blindly optimistic etc?

So who do you vote for if you are realistic? I have voted for the third

PS I don't think the Electoral Commission would give their imprimatur to the statemets

So who do you vote for if you are realistic? I have voted for the third

PS I don't think the Electoral Commission would give their imprimatur to the statemets

Fortunately, it's not a Electroral Poll, but a survey (not my forum software that decided to call it a poll)

Like all good surveys, it forces you to choose.

Perhaps you could define realistic and will consider adding it.

Fortunately, it's not a Electroral Poll, but a survey (not my forum software that decided to call it a poll)

Like all good surveys, it forces you to choose.

Perhaps you could define realistic and will consider adding it.

You are the only person using the word realistic, or its derivatives . I would be more interested in a semantic discussion of the difference between " still early days yet" and " too early to tell" which you offer as alternatives

You are the only person using the word realistic, or its derivatives . I would be more interested in a semantic discussion of the difference between " still early days yet" and " too early to tell" which you offer as alternatives

Each to their own, seems pretty clear to me. It's not a sentence in isolation. Edited by singe

pseud bloody hell mate you make me wish id done better at school can you not use fancy words on here tho. what does imprimatur mean?

"It has been approved"

It is generally used by catholic bishops to show that approval has been given to publications etc

Simply because of what he achieved in his first 10 matches I have gone for the 2nd but I am rational enough to realise that, like the weather, what happens in the next 100 days may bear no resemblance to the last 100. For a novice coach I think that Johnson comes into the job with far more insight of coaching methods, tactics and man management than the average retiring player. His ability to bring together players who can understand and carry out his theories on the pitch has yet to be tested. Amen.

Simply because of what he achieved in his first 10 matches I have gone for the 2nd but I am rational enough to realise that, like the weather, what happens in the next 100 days may bear no resemblance to the last 100. For a novice coach I think that Johnson comes into the job with far more insight of coaching methods, tactics and man management than the average retiring player. His ability to bring together players who can understand and carry out his theories on the pitch has yet to be tested. Amen.

Spot on

Given the massive cut in budget Johnson is dealing with he is doing well, if he can go on to pull off a mid table position by Christmas I will be ecstatic. Hopefully by then the board will realise Johnson is a genuine talent and will invest more in the team.

Basically none of us really know! A third of that time has been signing players that we're unsure of and us fans hoping they work out well.

LJ deserves a lot of credit for, in the end, comfortably saving us from relegation & addressing flaws in the team that seemed fairly obvious to most fans.

He'll make mistakes, some signings will be great & some not so good but I'm looking forward to seeing a quick team that will have a go.

With the budget we've got, mid-table would be success so lets back the lads & the gaffer. With such little experience around the club we will see some bad mistakes but also energy, enthusiasm & drive. Cheer up everyone!

I would ask what mistakes has he made but that could start off all the negative posters. I am optimistic, neither cautious nor blind so have voted for blindly optimistic. This is a question of faith and passion and if we don't have it how can we expect the team to have it. I am however realistic in my expectations for this year which is to have the best finish of four years with four more games won. Now next year!!!! In LJ I, with blind optimism, trust.

Well put Hands On. Why not back the manager & back the lads? None of us will change who we support so why not have a positive outlook & enjoy watching a team who I think will have a bit more passion than last season?

The players & manager will make honest mistakes & I'm never happy to have paid to watch us lose, but I think this team will only gain the confidence to perform well if they're not constantly scrutinised.

(Climbs off soapbox)