I suppose all these latics fans who wanted furman to show loyalty and see out his contract also want Micah Richards to see his out his contract ? Thought not ... Nout as fickle as a football supporter

As someone said earlier its nothing to do with loyalty. If he had three years remaining and wanted to leave that's fine, just do what matt smith, mvoto (hopefully not) have done and leave after they've got us out of trouble

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Footballs a short career And players must take opportunity when it comes along. Donny won the league and were a team on the up. If furman had stayed then donny would have got another player in a possibly signed him this summer leaving furman nowhere . Furman did the right thing for him his career and his family . Lets not forget we all change jobs in our career for a better job, life and more money , footballers are no different . We have better in korey so let's forget it and look forward

He had S Africa matches to play & was due a suspension. Wouldn't have played many games so the club sorted a more useful alternative in Smith. Furman got a good move. We got a player who would be available for more games & who our new manager could trust. Sounds like everyone is a winner. If we got a fee too, even better!

Who mentioned loyalty?? It's obvious there is no loyalty in football any more.

I'm talking about RESPONSIBILITY. He was captain of the side and largely responsible for getting us into that mess. He had a responsibility to pull his finger out and lead by example!

Instead...he :censored:ed off and gave his team mates no second thought. For that, I have lost every ounce of respect for the lad.

this this this, the only positive about furman going is we signed someone better, korey smith.

Pushed for a move? not a chance he knew he'd miss the best part of the season with friendlies and the African cup of nations. Took his wage whilst he was off collecting airmiles and did one when his club was in a scrap. For that I have reason to have an issue with him.

Just to throw one out there, I have heard that actually in the first instance Dean didn't push to go to Donny and was pretty shocked the loan request (I believe there is a fee involved)was accepted. However I believe it was also accepted by the club due to the no of games he would miss at the end of the season due to international call ups. I also believe that being at Doncaster has so far worked well with him and that he enjoyed working with Dickov etc therefore has championship football, a good rapport with his manager and great facilities to play in, hence the move and the way it has worked out for him.

Who mentioned loyalty?? It's obvious there is no loyalty in football any more.

I'm talking about RESPONSIBILITY. He was captain of the side and largely responsible for getting us into that mess. He had a responsibility to pull his finger out and lead by example!

Instead...he :censored:ed off and gave his team mates no second thought. For that, I have lost every ounce of respect for the lad.

Spot on! Furman appears to divide opinion but he self-labelled himself as the club's leader. Couldn't and didn't lead then jumped ship when Doncaster came calling. There's uncertainty over whether he jumped or was pushed but if he was that much of a leader then he would have fought to stay here.

Ironically we performed better without him so no loss in my opinion. He's now in that drawer of players with promise who didn't deliver and I'm now looking forward rather than back

Just to throw one out there, I have heard that actually in the first instance Dean didn't push to go to Donny and was pretty shocked the loan request

Sums it up - so many people wanting to give definitive opinions without knowing the facts

Just to throw one out there, I have heard that actually in the first instance Dean didn't push to go to Donny and was pretty shocked the loan request

Sums it up - so many people wanting to give definitive opinions without knowing the facts

So Dave you accept Eastlet's post as fact do you? In the first instance Dickov drove the deal. Deano just jumped ship when we needed our captain in a dog fight. Not forgetting all the matches he missed prior to the move for friendlies and the cup itself.

One fact in Eastley's post is complete wrong. Why would the club consider all the matches Deano would have missed? he'd already missed them...the African cup of nations was already over!

So Dave you accept Eastlet's post as fact do you? In the first instance Dickov drove the deal. Deano just jumped ship when we needed our captain in a dog fight. Not forgetting all the matches he missed prior to the move for friendlies and the cup itself.

One fact in Eastley's post is complete wrong. Why would the club consider all the matches Deano would have missed? he'd already missed them...the African cup of nations was already over!

Of course I don't. The whole point of the post is that opinions based on speculation are just speculation

I agree with your stance on the issue, Lags. However, to correct before someone uses it as an argument against you, the club said themselves (SC in an interview iIRC) that they considered games he would miss - SA still had a couple of games after AFCON that he played in (not sure if they were friendlies or World Cup qualifiers).

Feel sorry for Korey Smith now, already getting way over hyped in this thread I can see he is going to get a lot of stick a la Furman if he puts in a few average performances.

No he isn't, he has potential and we noticed this, why feel sorry for him, he hasn't done anything wrong apart from being part of the team which kept us up.

I agree with your stance on the issue, Lags. However, to correct before someone uses it as an argument against you, the club said themselves (SC in an interview iIRC) that they considered games he would miss - SA still had a couple of games after AFCON that he played in (not sure if they were friendlies or World Cup qualifiers).

SC clearly wanted to mitigate the move a tad also...

Of course I don't. The whole point of the post is that opinions based on speculation are just speculation

Yes Dave in many instance peoples take on things is speculation in what they believe possibly happened or why something happened. One thing we cannot be wrong about is the fact Deano went. I can say I am of the firm belief that Dickov was involved and now after the event I can also say I believe Dickov already was of the opinion the Donny job was his.

SC said himself in the fans meeting I went to that the move was driven by Furman and his agent; and that the club (SC) sought the advice of TP before agreeing to it.

SC said he didnt want to slate Furman as he liked the lad (and had been to a business lunch of some sort with him 2 days previous or something) BUT he came back from the AFCON a different person. He'd "had his head turned".

TP's decision to not put him straight back in the side had gone down like a :censored: butty with Furman; and he was starting to be a devicive influence.

With the (small) fee and wages covered off by Donny - the fact that we ended up not missing him on the pitch; we got the off field bad attitude away from the squad & Furman went to a side who ended up being promoted - it worked out well for all parties.

Surely he just gets filled under the large dosier of former players who were OK for us and have moved on? I don't think there's a need to have thread after thread about him? He's left us, moved on and we move on surely?

SC said he didnt want to slate Furman as he liked the lad (and had been to a business lunch of some sort with him 2 days previous or something)

They'd attended a Jewish charity business breakfast meeting the day before. SC was there to speak about smaller businesses being giantkillers, some variation on a theme following the Liverpool game. He brought Furman along with him. I declined an invitation on the grounds I felt I'd heard enough of SC banging on about how hard up we were following the Liverpool game to get up early to listen to him do it again.

They, by all accounts, looked very pally.

Had I known what was going to happen the day after I'd have been there with bells on :wink:

South Africa beat the Central African Republic 2-0 on Mar 23 in a world cup qualifier, Furman was in the squad. He would have missed Hartlepool (h) and the original Shrewsbury (a) games. Two crucial games. Also IIRC he was on 8 yellow cards, 2 more in the handful of games before the deadline, which I believe was after the Bury game, and he would have been suspended. Whilst not guaranteed there was a decent chance he would have gotten those bookings. So when SC let him go he could easily have been missing for 4 out of the 10 games he missed anyway.

Throw in the money we got for Donny getting promoted and I think everyone did at least OK out of the deal. It was a decent bit of business IMHO from Corney that, especially as Furman was off in the summer on a free anyway.

• 2 weeks later...