Winchester signs

hmmm hes played right back a couple of times - gave away a pen in one game

still not seen enough from him to suggest hes worth a contract - he has some ability on the ball so like Lee it might become a strangth for him but he doesnt seem strong enough cant see it working as a defender

i hope it goes well for him

I wonder if this means no new right back coming in; Brown and Winchester compete for the position. Given Johnson's desire for two players in each position, and our undoubtedly limited budget, I think the money may go towards a centre back, goalkeeper and/or striker instead.

I wonder if this means no new right back coming in; Brown and Winchester compete for the position. Given Johnson's desire for two players in each position, and our undoubtedly limited budget, I think the money may go towards a centre back, goalkeeper and/or striker instead.

Byrne aswell if he stays

made his debut at rb against Accrington in the fa cup and had a very good game iirc. The penalty he gave away was at home v Exeter when he brought nardiello down, what a horrible game that was, 3-0 up with 13 minutes to go.

hmmm hes played right back a couple of times - gave away a pen in one game

still not seen enough from him to suggest hes worth a contract - he has some ability on the ball so like Lee it might become a strangth for him but he doesnt seem strong enough cant see it working as a defender

i hope it goes well for him

The game you are referring to is teh Exeter game (one of his first games) when he was really good for 75 minutes got absolutely knackered and Dickov refused to take hime off. Exeter wisely stick lightning Nardiello against him and we throw a 3 goal lead away in 10 minutes. His positioning and reading of a game will help him immensely. Hes slow granted, but so was Kieran Lee

Happy he's re-signed and interesting that LJ sees him as a possible right back. When he played on the left against Liverpool and Walsall he did pretty well, looking tidy on the ball and made pretty smart passes, though not in the same league as Kieran Lee. It was the same against Orient when he played right back.

Centre-mid might be the position that he feels most comfortable in but I think there's a big question mark over whether he'll ever be strong or quick enough to play in a 2 man centre-mid pairing.

Always thought full back is his position, doesn't have the legs or physicality to play midfield so interesting to see how he goes there, really needs to make his mark now.

Firstly, pleased he's on board again. I can't imagine him being on a bumper wage and it only adds to the continuity of the players. Like Millar, he can't be blamed for last season - he didn't feature enough. I exlect that to change this season.

Im still somewhat undecided on Carl. I think there's a player in there. I like his upright style; his touch and vision. Decent hit on him too (ask MK Dons!)

But - he has been far too lightweight and too unfit when he's played to date IMO.

Tom Adeyami looked far better at RB than he did in CM for me; and maybe LDJ has seen similar in young Carl?

Facing the game might suit him more than being in the hustle & bustle of CM?

Connor Brown <shudders> & Carl Winchester as the RB options worried me greatly. Joe Cooper as their back-up and we look short in that area IMO.

Lets hope our oppostion send all their attacks down their right flank...Grounds & Dayton can deal with it!

Happy with this, always liked him, he is a skillful player but hopefully the pre season will bulk him up a bit. Think he will give Brown a run for his money. One theme for next season I think, will be the frings youth players who have shown promise in the past but never broke through will have a chance. They must show desire but its somethind we have all wanted, a group of young hungry players who want to battle for their place.

Worried we have little experience but optamistic over what our new coaching team can draw from these players.

Roll on next season